General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear, they weren't in shutdown when they went on holiday. They did what a lot families did during half term they went on a staycation. Let's not get carried away here.

In 2019 you may have been right.

Unfortunately in 2020 with huge amounts of families struggling to just keep the power on even 'staycations' are not possible. Taking two family holidays, and even if its still in the UK, is not 'what a lot of families are doing'.

Its not carried away not to be blind to the economic situation of the country.

Most families would be thrilled to have a number of country homes in their family to chose from, for a 'term break'.

General News for the Cambridge Family Part 3: March 2017

Deleted post

Not sure taking multiple holidays when your country is in different stages of lockdown and people are struggling with no jobs, lack of money and so on, is the best image to portray right now. Especially when you have a large country home with plenty of space to get away from things for your school break.

I have no doubt they were safe as possible though with the restrictions.

Hoping the kids enjoyed the time. :flowers:

Until last night when the PM announced a new national lockdown from Thursday, it was perfectly okay to travel around the country, barring specific areas in lockdown. I have several friends who have taken breaks over the half term, they all talked about empty hotels and how sad it was to see these businesses suffering. I think it is good the Cambridge's could get away, and contribute to the local economy.

Unfortunately in 2020 with huge amounts of families struggling to just keep the power on even 'staycations' are not possible. Taking two family holidays, and even if its still in the UK, is not 'what a lot of families are doing'.

Its not carried away not to be blind to the economic situation of the country.

Most families would be thrilled to have a number of country homes in their family to chose from, for a 'term break'.

The only point is that by taking a local trip, the Cambridge's have contributed to the local economy, saved local jobs and not inconvenienced anybody. Can't see anything wrong with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The UK is using a tier system, different areas under differing guidelines. This obviously will change for England in the coming days .

The UK is using a tier system, different areas under differing guidelines. This obviously will change for England in the coming days .

But that's changed now. Travel will be discouraged if not necessary from next week

But that's changed now. Travel will be discouraged if not necessary from next week

As I said changes for England in the next few days,and as you pointed out that includes travel.

A different article I read seemed to suggest they spent half term at Amner. That would also fit in with baking cakes for veterans in Norfolk a week ago.

If they also spent a few days in Cornwall, I don't think it's that big a deal as long as they were following all the rules. Yes they have a lot of options other people don't but I also don't necessarily see a private stay in the Scilies as flaunting it. Plenty of people went on holiday over the last couple of weeks and some places were begging people to come after cancellations.

Now if they break the rules during lockdown or are otherwise seen moving to and from Amner/KP for non work/essential reasons then yeah, they should be criticised if that happens.

Yes, this is the Cambridge family's second staycation this year on the Scilly Islands.

There was a lot of information about their summer visit in July - travel by helicopter, William and Kate seen cycling, people speaking with them, a seal-spotting boat trip, staying at "Dolphin House" on Tresco.

Good they got a chance to visit again before this next big lockdown the UK is facing starts.

Hopefully a few snippets will emerge about this October holiday, apart from the weather change.

Ah, I see, I must've missed the bit about the Cambridges staying away again.

In that case I agree that it doesn't seem like a good move with the rate infections and cases are rising here in England. I can imagine the Scilly Islands don't have many cases, but it nevertheless should be the Cambridges duty to be a role model to the people. Even though there wasn't a lockdown in the half term, it still doesn't seem very responsible to me. I guess I'm just extra cautious as someone who is at risk and has been staying in my local area pretty much all the time this pandemic has been happening.

Last edited:
William had Covid in April it's now been revealed.

He was "hit pretty hard by the virus - it really knocked him for six".

People around him panicked when he was struggling to breathe at one stage.

He continued with telephone and video calls while ill and quarantining at Anmer Hall.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...lliam-secretly-battled-coronavirus-April.html

Like father, like son. The Cambridge family has shown to be one that adhered to and took seriously every recommended precaution and followed guidelines as an example to all of us. It doesn't surprise me one bit that William did not want it public at the time that he'd contracted the virus himself. That way, it kept the focus on what *needed* to be done and news reports were not centered around him individually. It was the same with Charles. He got it, he went into isolation but yet continued to do what he could remotely.

That, my friends, is leadership. ?

Why was it kept secret? I actually have serious questions about that. What else is being hidden. There was no need to keep the public in the dark about that especially when he turned around and was doing public engagements.

They saying Kate and the kids did not have it despite he was quarantined with them since March. Who did he get it from? Then again who knows if they did or didn't. We just learning about William now...

Why was it kept secret? I actually have serious questions about that. What else is being hidden. There was no need to keep the public in the dark about that especially when he turned around and was doing public engagements.

They saying Kate and the kids did not have it despite he was quarantined with them since March. Who did he get it from? Then again who knows if they did or didn't. We just learning about William now...

Probably to avoid all those panicked succession crisis headlines . With Charles and William sick we would have had a lot of George is only 6 what happens now type of stories and with Boris Johnson also contracting it around the same time there was already enough uncertainty .

How trustworthy is this news? Has it been confirmed by any official sources?

Probably to avoid all those panicked succession crisis headlines . With Charles and William sick we would have had a lot of George is only 6 what happens now type of stories and with Boris Johnson also contracting it around the same time there was already enough uncertainty .

I agree. If the reported information is true, then the decision to not release the news was likely to avoid the crisis stories. Fortunately the PoW, DoCam and PM Johnson have all recovered from their COVID 19 illnesses.

If it's true, I have to say that the Cambridge team/staffs are top notch, especially their PR/Communication team. British media is a beast with a nose that can rival tracking dog. And this news only surfacing now? Really?

I was wondering why something as huge as Earthshot didn't make any mention/speculation in the 2 years it's been developed (big money, big names, etc) so it then can be launched with a bang. And now this.

My word, what kind of magic they have?

Well - isn't that around the time Boris had it too? So they were supposed to send everyone into a panic by saying the PM, the next King and the third in line to the throne had it too? I can see why they kept it to themselves. In any case all three seemed to get through it.

Here's the original article.....

Wow. William is young and strong, and he was hit much harder than it seems his father was......that should prove to anyone that COVID does not discriminate.

Like father, like son - they just won't quit. Amazing.

A source said: "William was hit pretty hard by the virus - it really knocked him for six.

"At one stage he was struggling to breathe, so obviously everyone around him was pretty panicked.

"After seeing medics and testing positive - which was obviously quite a shock given how fit and healthy he is - William was determined it should be business as usual though.

"He was determined to fulfil his engagements."

-----

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13080634/prince-william-secret-covid-battle/

Right, and also........it's not as if William is the monarch now or the Prime Minister. Not that people don't care, but there isn't a "need to know" as there would be in those circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:
The BBC's story on William's COVID illness.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54774942

The Duke of Cambridge contracted Covid-19 earlier this year, palace sources have told the BBC.

It is believed he tested positive in April at a similar time to his father, the Prince of Wales.

According to the Sun newspaper, which first reported the story, Prince William, 38, kept his diagnosis private to avoid alarming the nation.

Kensington Palace, the office and home of Prince William, refused to comment officially.

Well - isn't that around the time Boris had it too? So they were supposed to send everyone into a panic by saying the PM, the next King and the third in line to the throne had it too? I can see why they kept it to themselves. In any case all three seemed to get through it.

Panic? I don't think most people would be panicked about it. Concerned? Sure. The same way people were about Charles, Boris, and the many others who have had it. There really was no reason for them to hide it and honestly not sure why it is leaked now. The whole thing is weird.

Glad he is okay though I recall the images of him with the kids delivering pasta. I think it was for Charlotte's birthday. Was this during that time?

Glad he is okay though I recall the images of him with the kids delivering pasta. I think it was for Charlotte's birthday. Was this during that time?

They delivered the pasta in May. William was ill in early April.

If it's true, I have to say that the Cambridge team/staffs are top notch, especially their PR/Communication team. British media is a beast with a nose that can rival tracking dog. And this news only surfacing now? Really?

I was wondering why something as huge as Earthshot didn't make any mention/speculation in the 2 years it's been developed (big money, big names, etc) so it then can be launched with a bang. And now this.

My word, what kind of magic they have?

Yes, the Cambridges really run a tight ship with a very loyal staff. Some other branches of the BRF are much more 'leaky', whether it's on purpose or they just chose their friends/staff poorly.

The Queen and Charles must really be proud of William. That even when ill he puts priority on work and the stability of the nation. It must be a relief for them that they are leaving their legacy in competent hands.

Panic? I don't think most people would be panicked about it. Concerned? Sure. The same way people were about Charles, Boris, and the many others who have had it. There really was no reason for them to hide it and honestly not sure why it is leaked now. The whole thing is weird.

Some say it's a diversion/distraction after BoJo press-con fiasco last time. Other say this came up during his conversation when he's filming The Pride of Britain Awards (maybe during the conversation with Kate Garraway, since you know, her husband is in hospital with Covid).

If it's in April, his last public engagement was visiting NHS-111 on 21 March, later appearance was opening Nightingale Hospital on 16 April (via video link), the there's BBC's Every Mind Matter on 17 April (video link with Catherine, might be pre-recorded). Delivering pasta could be somewhere around last week of April, and then there's VEDay on 9 May (video link with Catherine in which he looked fine and healthy).

So maybe, say, he's ill after NHS-111 visit in early April around (1st or 2nd week, 7-14 days incubation period) and considering he sat next to his wife for BBC appearance, most likely he's recovered by that time (and in a good health during the pasta delivery).

He was not wearing masks all the time. It is not known if it is permanent immunity so he should be cautious and wear masks during lockdown.

Thank you for finding the information ACO.?
The Queen and Charles must really be proud of William. That even when ill he puts priority on work and the stability of the nation. It must be a relief for them that they are leaving their legacy in competent hands.

Yes I agree and likely that they're pleased that he's there to support them.

Last edited:
Oh my lord. I am so glad William, Kate and their kids are okay. He is the heir, we should have known! It does not shock me he had it.

Yes, the Cambridges really run a tight ship with a very loyal staff. Some other branches of the BRF are much more 'leaky', whether it's on purpose or they just chose their friends/staff poorly.

Oh, I have no doubt they are....and Philip as well. For all the worry he’s had about other things and family members, he doesn’t have to about William (he doesn’t have to worry about his son, either, lol).

Whether you think William should have hidden the information or not, his motivation was concern for his citizens, and that’s wonderful thing.

This post was from 3 April when he called the staff at Queen’s Hospital Burton and University Hospital Monklands. A call, only his voice, not video link. And now listening closely, his voice (breathing?) indeed sounds a little unsteady. Was it the phone? Connection? But if he's indeed have breathing difficulty as reported, it makes sense.

And btw, Richard Palmer is not happy.
I’m on holiday but it seems Kensington Palace is confirming that the Duke of Cambridge had Covid-19 in April and kept it secret. The UK expects honesty from public figures, particularly during a pandemic. This may be a cover-up that will haunt William and those advising him.

Oh my, the Cambridge really run a tight ship. :ohmy:
Not a good news for those royal reporters, isn't it?

Someone is lying. The TL doesn’t add up at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom