General News for Charles III and Queen Camilla Part 2, February 2024-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope this visit is able to take place as that will be a sign of how
I am also excited for the King's visit to Australia. Interesting point raised about the 200th year of the Legislative Council, because I only thought about the establishment of the NSW state Parliament in 1856. I did a very brief read from the NSW Parliament website which I found very insightful. History of democracy in NSW

I won't be skipping work, but will keep an eye on the King's visit.

Just starting doesn't mean he can't be planning ahead.

My brother was diagnosed with cancer one week before Charles' announcement. So he is only a week ahead of Charles with his treatment. He and his wife are planning a 16 week to Europe for next year - the planning is as much about actual planning as well as a move to be positive that he will conquer his cancer. He isn't sitting at home saying 'I am having cancer treatment so I can't plan for any 'post-cancer' or even 'living with cancer' activities after his treatment and I imagine Charles is the same.

No point in waiting until he has finished the cancer treatment to start planning these sorts of things. Cancelling can always happen and people will understand but better to plan and be prepared and cancel than not to plan and miss the opportunity.

Plus, deliberately not planning ahead can be very detrimental to the mental process you go through during cancer treatment. It's good to have something tangible to look forward to while the chemo is making you miserable. Good for Charles!
Indeed, the mindset of a cancer patient is very important and medical staff really push the idea of a positive point of view and surrounding yourself with supportive people, be they family or staff.

I should imagine that he is doing that, encouraging Camilla while ensuring she doesn't overdo it, while he is still buried under paperwork and red boxes and, happy to be so as only Charles can do.

Trooping the Colors , Ascot days , the Garter day . I think the King will be on the balcony of BP for Trooping the Colors , he wil not attend the Ascot days and i hope he will be able to attend the day of the Order of the Garter?

Trooping the Colors , Ascot days , the Garter day . I think the King will be on the balcony of BP for Trooping the Colors , he wil not attend the Ascot days and i hope he will be able to attend the day of the Order of the Garter?
It depends on where he is in his treatment cycle. There is a good chance he may be finished with his treatment, or take a little break in-between cycles, and be able to attend all those events. In general, so long as one is not being actively treated, one's immune system is strong enough to resume normal life. However, all this remains to be seen.

I think The King will attend Trooping, Garter Day and Ascot.

He may choose to not take the salute on horseback this year at trooping, if he is still under treatment or feeling affected by it… Then he will be traveling in a carriage with The Queen and take the salute from the dais, just like QEII did from 1987…. But i wouldn’t be surprised at all if we will see him mounted on one of the RCMP horses again on 15:th june…

He may also choose to not attend all 5 days at Ascot this year, but i honestly thought he wouldn’t last year either…

For Ascot he could well travel in the carriage procession down the racecourse then slip away quietly an hour or so after. He doesn't actually have to stay and watch all the day's racing. Last year he did an event in London not all that long after the carriage procession from what I recall.

King Charles could 'make key changes to major royal event' so he can attend amid cancer battle​

King Charles is said to be determined to attend Trooping the Colour - the sovereign's official birthday parade - in June despite receiving treatment for cancer, and it is reported changes could be made to the ceremony to allow him to attend
Source:

What form of cancer does the King have? I don’t remember reading about it, or has it not been revealed?

King Charles could 'make key changes to major royal event' so he can attend amid cancer battle​

King Charles is said to be determined to attend Trooping the Colour - the sovereign's official birthday parade - in June despite receiving treatment for cancer, and it is reported changes could be made to the ceremony to allow him to attend
Source:
No mayor change as it has taken place like this over 30 years

How difficult for a King who has a Cancer treatment to attend the each year great events such as Trooping the Color. But i am sure , he will attend ;

King Charles is spotted leaving Windsor Castle.

The King met Korean War vets prior to the reception hosted by the Princess Royal and Duchess of Edinburgh.

It is normal to have "rounds" of chemotherapy followed by a break to assess progress. During those breaks, while still being immunocompromised, it is not as bad as during a round.

I am really impressed with with Camilla's work ethic as well as her easy way of interacting with the public. The ability to make each person feel like they are the only person in each interaction with royal supporters a real gift and her engagement in each event shows her both happy and attentive.

The beautiful portrait given to her of she and Charles is a really special as the artist has managed to capture their easy comradery and love. It is especially significant in its timing.

Getty Images

Last edited:
It's very encouraging to se HM driving!

King Charles and Queen Camilla were seen on their way in London today, April 17:

** rex gallery **

The King wants to show to his Country that he is still acting as King and this is important.
The Queen Consort is doing so much all has to go on.
My respect Your Majesties.

And again driving to the Church Service which is very encouraging!

Back
Top Bottom