General News for Charles III and Queen Camilla, Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quebec's elected officials must swear oath to King Charles to sit in National Assembly

Reuters

Quebec National Assembly speaker ruled on Tuesday that all elected members must swear an oath to King Charles and not just to the people of Quebec in order to perform their duties in the predominantly French-speaking Canadian province.

Last edited by a moderator:
HM The Queen Consort's cypher is really pretty. I wish that the C wasn't so covered by the R though. It would have been cool if either the top or bottom curve of the C overlay the R.

HM The Queen Consort's cypher is really pretty. I wish that the C wasn't so covered by the R though. It would have been cool if either the top or bottom curve of the C overlay the R.

My eyes went into the letter R and barely noticed the letter C. Still, nice cypher.

It's interesting that it uses a slightly different design of the heraldic crown. The arches are the same general shape as on Queen Elizabeth's crown, though on her cypher and elsewhere she used the Tudor crown, as her husband did.

Last edited:
It's a very graceful cypher, and does give the impression that the "C" (Camilla) is effacing itself a bit. I wonder if that was intentional, since Charles and Camilla have the same initial.

It's a very graceful cypher, and does give the impression that the "C" (Camilla) is effacing itself a bit. I wonder if that was intentional, since Charles and Camilla have the same initial.

That may well be the case. Visually, to me, the emphasis is on the R and not the C.

On his 74th birthday, today, November 14, it was announced that King Charles "has officially become Park Ranger of Windsor Great Park, 70 years after his father, The Duke of Edinburgh, was appointed to the post.

The Ranger offers guidance to the Deputy Ranger and his team in the day-to-day stewardship of one of the country’s oldest estates."

** twitter post **

Who has the authority to decide who will be the Ranger of Windsor Great Park? Is it within the Sovereign's gift or the decision lies with someone within the Crown Estate?

I wonder will this mean that the King will use Windsor as his late mother did as a weekend retreat?

IMG_9958.jpg

To celebrate The King’s birthday, a 21 gun salute was fired on the Long Walk at Windsor Castle, with most of the mini-cannons being fired by local children

A very nice picture of the King in his element to go with announcing he's now Ranger for Windsor Great Park.

View attachment 303121

To celebrate The King’s birthday, a 21 gun salute was fired on the Long Walk at Windsor Castle, with most of the mini-cannons being fired by local children

That looks fun. :D

What a wonderful & ancient looking tree! I wonder how old it is?

Will King Charles III and Queen Camilla have a Christmas lunch for the relatives at Buckingham Palace or at another location?

Will King Charles III and Queen Camilla have a Christmas lunch for the relatives at Buckingham Palace or at another location?

The idea of hosting the family lunch at BP was primarily to make it easy for the extended family to make it. Not quite sure what the availability of rooms at BP will be like given the ongoing building works, but if required, they could host the lunch at Windsor.

The idea of hosting the family lunch at BP was primarily to make it easy for the extended family to make it. Not quite sure what the availability of rooms at BP will be like given the ongoing building works, but if required, they could host the lunch at Windsor.

They could also do it at Clarence House if needed I’m sure.

I think it would be appropriate to do so. It always struck me that in some ways as much of a "family event" it was also a boss (aka Her late Majesty) inviting her senior staff around for a Christmas celebration - most of those present were either working royals, who by definition represented her, or children, grandchildren and great grandchildren of those (Lady Sarah and Earl Snowdon and families being the only ones who technically weren't but had been). So even if Charles doesn't feel the need to have a wide family celebration as the "new boss" IMO he should do something for those who won't be there at Sandringham.

Has a Christmas lunch for the royal relatives ever been held at Windsor Castle before?

I think Queen Elizabeth was going to host one at Windsor before it got cancelled due to Covid cases spiking.

Edit - Queen Elizabeth was going to host the pre-Christmas lunch at Windsor in 2021

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59683343

The Queen has cancelled her traditional pre-Christmas lunch for extended family as a precautionary measure following the UK's surge in Omicron cases.

A source said it was felt the annual event could put too many people's Christmas plans at risk.

It follows England chief medical officer Prof Chris Whitty's advice to prioritise events "that really matter" to avoid the risk of infection.

The event had been due to take place early next week at Windsor Castle.

Last edited:
"To mark the 100th anniversary of @goodhousekeepinguk, The Queen Consort, The Princess of Wales, The Princess Royal, The Countess of Wessex, The Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Alexandra have all contributed to a special issue highlighting some of the important causes they support.

Featuring on the cover of this month’s Good Housekeeping, The Queen Consort discusses the work of the domestic abuse charity @SafeLives_ to raise awareness of their important work. For many years, Her Majesty has highlighted the work of domestic abuse charities and the work they do to support survivors, both in the UK and overseas, with the aim of breaking the taboo around the subject."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cl2_v3zMDt5/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom