General News about the Sussex Family, Part Two: April-August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was part of a work dispute where a former co worker was complaining about how she perceived she was been treated. How she was undermined, not respected and in general how her needs were not been heard and met. I sat mystified as I saw how the management and her co-workers had bend over backwards for her - but that isn't how she saw it.
Meghan's and Harry's perceptions on how they are treated is what is the problem - compound that with their suspicious boarding on paranoia to the palace, press and everything that played into that. I don't think the Queen appearing on the Morning Show to take a swipe at Piece Morgan would have convinced Harry and Meghan that they had their backs.

Your “lovely” former coworker sounds like a covert narc.
No fun. And they always think someone is out to get them.

As for H&M, to me it seems as if Harry had little to no issue with how the palace was handling him and his public persona pre Meghan. At least non we heard about.

Well that is it. Perspective. Expectations in this instance versus reality.

Question is, whose expections were not met by the reality of how the palace system works?

Harry has said, that he thought of leaving, prior ot Meghan coming along.

I am showing that sometimes what people perceive to the the case is not always that case - and that everyone has a different level of emotional support that they prefer.

Was the person you were dealing with bullied in the public on a regular basis? Did that employee have 4000+ articles mostly hostile written about her? If not her experience had nothing to do with Meghan/Harry's experience.

Your “lovely” former coworker sounds like a covert narc.
No fun. And they always think someone is out to get them.

As for H&M, to me it seems as if Harry had little to no issue with how the palace was handling him and his public persona pre Meghan. At least non we heard about.

Question is, whose expections were not met by the reality of how the palace system works?

There are several videos in which Harry discussed leaving the BRF & displeasure with the media long before Meghan came along. In addition many may tolerate poor treatment that is only impacting them but won't tolerate it when it comes to their loved ones especially their child.

Last edited:
Was the person you were dealing with bullied in the public on a regular basis? Did that employee have 4000+ articles mostly hostile written about her? If not her experience had nothing to do with Meghan/Harry's experience.

There are several videos in which Harry discussed leaving the BRF & displeasure with the media long before Meghan came along. In addition many may tolerate poor treatment that is only impacting them but won't tolerate it when it comes to their loved ones especially their child.

No one is saying it is all Meghan. Harry has been varying degrees of 'fractious' with the royal life he was born into. It is only that the media liked him that prevented him by being massacred by them for some of the things he did.

In many ways Harry into blame for all of this. He completely unprepared Meghan for what life would be like.

I am showing that sometimes what people perceive to the the case is not always that case - and that everyone has a different level of emotional support that they prefer.

That was one of the points I was making, and why it’s unfair to ask people to be mind readers, to KNOW that other people are unhappy, etc.. It’s bothersome to me that H and M seem to blame his family - maybe that’s why he needs a “father figure”. Maybe that’s why he and Meghan decided to throw their hands in the air, say fudge it all and dropped the January bomb.

Last edited:
Where have Harry and Meghan blamed his family? The only ppl saying that are the tabloids, unless you can direct me to something said by either one of them, why assert that?

LaRae

I thought - very naively - now that Meghan was the most training prepared royal bride ever. She understood the press, had been in the public eye for years and knows her own mind.

I made the same mistake she did - the celebrity press pack are not the royal press pack. Celebrities are not held up to the same values and standards that royals are. Celebrities are a dime a dozen and you are as good as your last movie - the press move on and fast. Royals why, you can be the punching bag for life with the mistakes when you made when you were 19.

That was one of the points I was making, and why it’s unfair to ask people to be mind readers, to KNOW that other people are unhappy, etc.. It’s bothersome to me that H and M seem to blame his family - maybe that’s why he needs a “father figure”. Maybe that’s why he and Meghan decided to throw their hands in the air, say fudge it all and dropped the January bomb.

And others point out we don't know they were being mind readers. Harry and Meghan aren't exactly shy about their feelings. So if people outside the family suspected they were unhappy, than it would make sense those in the fold would as well. If they asked then then no doubt they spoke it.

Honestly none of us know any true details and our own biases will have us leaning one way or another, but the facts remain that had they truly felt 100% supported they likely would still be working royals. So clearly something was lost in communication.

But what happened happened... now everyone has moved on. And so far it seems to be working out fine for all parties. Time will of course tell.

Last edited:

There is also the distinct possibility that it was Meghan that served to calm Harry down and soothe his frustrations at those issues leading up to the exodus to other pastures. We, ourselves, saw how quickly Harry jumped on the treatment of Meghan from the very beginning by issuing a statement.

IIRC, there were several reports during their courtship and then marriage where it was stated that Meghan is/was the calming influence for Harry. As things progressively seemed to get worse, then Meghan supported the decisions that Harry chose to make about their family's future.

There is also the distinct possibility that it was Meghan that served to calm Harry down and soothe his frustrations at those issues leading up to the exodus to other pastures. We, ourselves, saw how quickly Harry jumped on the treatment of Meghan from the very beginning by issuing a statement.

IIRC, there were several reports during their courtship and then marriage where it was stated that Meghan is/was the calming influence for Harry. As things progressively seemed to get worse, then Meghan supported the decisions that Harry chose to make about their family's future.

Yea we heard about those “calming effects” yet since meeting her Harry has seem far more volatile to me, starting with that letter way back in Nov 2016 (which imo wa as major mistake!). A calming partner would have urged him to not release such a letter. A calming partner would have urged him to triple think about his lawsuits. A calming partner would have had him not release that foolish website with a list of demands but wait and properly talk to his family about the establiah the best way for you both to step down.
A calming partner would not have had her five friends leak information to the media about a private letter to reignite the issues with her father.

If we want to talk about calming partners, i’d say Camilla and Catherine are actually a great example of that.
Imo Meghan has been the exact opposite.

Yea we heard about those “calming effects” yet since meeting her Harry has seem far more volatile to me, starting with that letter way back in Nov 2016 (which imo wa as major mistake!). A calming partner would have urged him to not release such a letter. A calming partner would have urged him to triple think about his lawsuits. A calming partner would have had him not release that foolish website with a list of demands but wait and properly talk to his family about the establiah the best way for you both to step down.
A calming partner would not have had her five friends leak information to the media about a private letter to reignite the issues with her father.

If we want to talk about calming partners, i’d say Camilla and Catherine are actually a great example of that.

Yes she has not calmed him. And also a bit of it wasn't helped by the media stopping protecting him. Harry was never the image they projected.

I thought - very naively - now that Meghan was the most training prepared royal bride ever. She understood the press, had been in the public eye for years and knows her own mind.

I made the same mistake she did - the celebrity press pack are not the royal press pack. Celebrities are not held up to the same values and standards that royals are. Celebrities are a dime a dozen and you are as good as your last movie - the press move on and fast. Royals why, you can be the punching bag for life with the mistakes when you made when you were 19.

She was the most prepared to do the job...and she was wonderful at it. Just look at the projects and tours she was able to successful complete in such a short amount of time. However, she was also prepared to know herself worth and knew that what was offered wasn't worth the demeaning bullying environment wasn't worth and luckily had a husband to felt the same way. The treatment towards Meghan was much worse than what other royals received (for example calling her bossy v. lazy wouldn't have been minimal). However was degrading, hostile and then eventually started down towards her son. There is a limit for most people and I'm guessing that Harry/Meghan had their's and it was crossed several times.

No one is saying it is all Meghan. Harry has been varying degrees of 'fractious' with the royal life he was born into. It is only that the media liked him that prevented him by being massacred by them for some of the things he did.

In many ways Harry into blame for all of this. He completely unprepared Meghan for what life would be like.

Not once did I say it was all Meghan. I also don't blame Harry....it should be quite reasonable to expect decent/fair/double standard free treatment from the media. If one does wrong (such as commit crimes or associate with criminals) they should be prepared to handle the outcome. But if they are going about their business trying to do what was asked of them they shouldn't harassed for it.

Last edited:
She was the most prepared to do the job...and she was wonderful at it. Just look at the projects and tours she was able to successful complete in such a short amount of time. However, she was also prepared to know herself worth and knew that what was offered wasn't worth the demeaning bullying environment wasn't worth and luckily had a husband to felt the same way. The treatment towards Meghan was much worse than what other royals received (for example calling her bossy v. lazy wouldn't have been minimal). However was degrading, hostile and then eventually started down towards her son. There is a limit for most people and I'm guessing that Harry/Meghan had their's and it was crossed several times.

Not once did I say it was all Meghan. I also don't blame Harry....it should be quite reasonable to expect decent/fair/double standard free treatment from the media. If one does wrong (such as commit crimes or associate with criminals) they should be prepared to handle the outcome. But if they are going about their business trying to do what was asked of them they shouldn't harassed for it.

That is not the way they work. And in any case Harry was hugely protected by them for many years. Was that fair? Impartial? Double standard free? None of it is. It is all about perspective.

Where have Harry and Meghan blamed his family? The only ppl saying that are the tabloids, unless you can direct me to something said by either one of them, why assert that?

LaRae

I was referring to this lack of support that Meghan said she never received.....plus seeming running commentary from their friends. Now I agree that they never actually said the words themselves, but they seem to have an awful lot of friends willing to talk. I guess it's possible they are doing it on their own, but I think they'd be ruining their friendships with H and M if they did that without their consent.

Evolving Doors:

What letter are you referring to?

I agree overall. The one thing Meghan seemed to do was bring Harry closer to his father, which - if true - I appreciated. In general, though, she seems more like a type A personality (not a bad thing) who has triggered Harry's emotions - which doesn't have to be a bad thing, but in some cases, I think it has been. To be fair, William himself just said that being a father changed things for him - and I do believe that to be true about Harry. It IS likely that being married and having a baby prioritized things for him (though he seriously dated Chelsy Davy, I believe, for a long time and never seemed to want to ditch the BRF then - if he did, he would have done so). Therefore, I don't want to blame Meghan when clearly Harry has his own mind.

For me personally, however, I don't think Meghan has brought out the best in Harry. Obviously their close friends and some here think differently, and that's completely fine, but all I've seen lately since post-Africa interview is a coolness to his family, a disdain for his heritage. Just look at their bombshell notice, which was outrageously disrespectful, and then subsequent notices on IG - the language he/they used was almost disdainful. Please don't ask for "proof" - I have none outside of circumstantial evidence; it's just my opinion. I'm not asking for proof from those who disagree with me....

I was referring to this lack of support that Meghan said she never received.....plus seeming running commentary from their friends. Now I agree that they never actually said the words themselves, but they seem to have an awful lot of friends willing to talk. I guess it's possible they are doing it on their own, but I think they'd be ruining their friendships with H and M if they did that without their consent.

You are assuming she was talking about family. It's well known from Fergi and Diana they had a lot of issue getting support from the folks behind the scenes. Yes it's possible they meant specific family members ..point is we don't know that.

I don't recall anything from their friends supposed comments talking about lack of support from the family either. I think some if not most of these supposed friends are not really friends but tabloid inventions created in order to make their articles seem more authentic.

LaRae

I Agree. I harldy know the Harry that's emerged in the past year or so. he seems completely different to the jolly cheerful person he seemed to be before. He seems angry, volatile, depressed. I thought that he had outgrown his youthful antics and storms, and that the army had settled him down and he was ready to move into full tiem royal life and possibly marriage. Instead Marriage seems to have thrown him intot a depressed angry man who looks like he's barely coping and in the end walked out.

I Agree. I harldy know the Harry that's emerged in the past year or so. he seems completely different to the jolly cheerful person he seemed to be before. He seems angry, volatile, depressed. I thought that he had outgrown his youthful antics and storms, and that the army had settled him down and he was ready to move into full tiem royal life and possibly marriage. Instead Marriage seems to have thrown him intot a depressed angry man who looks like he's barely coping and in the end walked out.

Marriage is causing that...really? Couldn't be ANY other reason...maybe like the massive media intrusion ..well beyond the normal. Right has to be the marriage.

LaRae

When I see Harry interacting with his patronages, charities, on tours and with his wife & son he seems pretty jovial to me. Most recently we heard him as the doting father/husband laughing and cheering Archie on while the little one was having a book read to him by his mother.

The only time I haven't seen him happy, excited or encouraging is when he has do deal with people who has spent the last couple of years harassing and degrading his wife.

I don't think marriage is the problem.

When I see Harry interacting with his patronages, charities, on tours and with his wife & son he seems pretty jovial to me. Most recently we heard him as the doting father/husband laughing and cheering Archie on while the little one was having a book read to him by his mother.

The only time I haven't seen him happy, excited or encouraging is when he has do deal with people who has spent the last couple of years harassing and degrading his wife.

I don't think marriage is the problem.

he didn't seem very happy on the Africa trip, where he was saying thtat his mental health was a problem, and where Meghan was also saying she was "not thriving"...And he did not look very happy at the Commonwealth service in March...

Evolving Doors:

What letter are you referring to?

I agree overall. The one thing Meghan seemed to do was bring Harry closer to his father, which - if true - I appreciated. In general, though, she seems more like a type A personality (not a bad thing) who has triggered Harry's emotions - which doesn't have to be a bad thing, but in some cases, I think it has been. To be fair, William himself just said that being a father changed things for him - and I do believe that to be true about Harry. It IS likely that being married and having a baby prioritized things for him (though he seriously dated Chelsy Davy, I believe, for a long time and never seemed to want to ditch the BRF then - if he did, he would have done so). Therefore, I don't want to blame Meghan when clearly Harry has his own mind.

For me personally, however, I don't think Meghan has brought out the best in Harry. Obviously their close friends and some here think differently, and that's completely fine, but all I've seen lately since post-Africa interview is a coolness to his family, a disdain for his heritage. Just look at their bombshell notice, which was outrageously disrespectful, and then subsequent notices on IG - the language he/they used was almost disdainful. Please don't ask for "proof" - I have none outside of circumstantial evidence; it's just my opinion. I'm not asking for proof from those who disagree with me....

The one she wrote her dad, and which he kept private for over 6 months until five of her friends spoke about it, using it to drag him under the bus, to People magazine goading him to defend want to try and defend himself, and which is the reason for her privacy lawsuit.

You are assuming she was talking about family. It's well known from Fergi and Diana they had a lot of issue getting support from the folks behind the scenes. Yes it's possible they meant specific family members ..point is we don't know that.

I don't recall anything from their friends supposed comments talking about lack of support from the family either. I think some if not most of these supposed friends are not really friends but tabloid inventions created in order to make their articles seem more authentic.

LaRae

Yes, I admit I am assuming that. Are you referencing courtiers ?

I can’t say that’s not a possibly, of course, but some of these friends have names.

I’m not exactly looking forward to the book, but I imagine that it will clarify some things - if not in terms of facts then at least H and M’s feelings.

The one she wrote her dad, and which he kept private for over 6 months until five of her friends spoke about it, using it to drag him under the bus, to People magazine goading him to defend want to try and defend himself, and which is the reason for her privacy lawsuit.

Got it, thanks!

I think in general that it’s very hard as a Royal or otherwise famous person to know who are your real friends, who have your best interests at heart.

Yes she has not calmed him. And also a bit of it wasn't helped by the media stopping protecting him. Harry was never the image they projected.

Probably repeating myself adding a nickel’s worth...

Have always thought Harry was seething inside behind that infectious smile. It’s only my opinion but it seems that since his marriage he’s found “his voice” to show his true self, to the point where we agree to disagree here on this very forum. Who knows, perhaps she’s encouraged him...

Whatever it is, there’s been times I’ve been on here talking aloud to many of you saying “come on over and have a cup of coffee and others times, the bar is open”...

I think Harry and Meghan are becoming increasingly irrelevant. That's no reflection on them personally, but the working royals have done a brilliant job during lockdown, whereas interest in celebrities is waning. Some other well-known people have done an important job with on line fitness lessons or cookery lessons, or in working with charities, but most people have little interest in Harry and Meghan now. I hope they find happiness in their new life, but they're not front page news any more.

he didn't seem very happy on the Africa trip, where he was saying thtat his mental health was a problem, and where Meghan was also saying she was "not thriving"...And he did not look very happy at the Commonwealth service in March...

Proving my point; the only time he didn't appear happy was when he was dealing with the people who spent their time constantly harassing and bullying his wife. In the documentary both were very clearly speaking about the media not their marriage. When they were together and with the charities & people they met with they were engaged and laughing and appeared happy.

I think Harry and Meghan are becoming increasingly irrelevant. That's no reflection on them personally, but the working royals have done a brilliant job during lockdown, whereas interest in celebrities is waning. Some other well-known people have done an important job with on line fitness lessons or cookery lessons, or in working with charities, but most people have little interest in Harry and Meghan now. I hope they find happiness in their new life, but they're not front page news any more.

Meghan & Harry have been doing a lot during the lockdown as well just ask Save the Children UK, Project Angel Food, WellChild & Invictus and Feeding Britain to name a few . However, they aren't working royals so I wouldn't expect them seen as much as the 2 future kings. I also don't think that people have little interest in the couple or there wouldn't be so many articles about them in the UK media ranging from their anniversary, to what their home in LA is like.

Last edited:

They certainly aren’t here in the States. The pandemic has assured of that - and plus, it’s an election year. They wouldn’t be headline news in any case...Like with being Royal, I think they want the good of being famous (attention, people caring about them) without the bad (dealing with paparazzi, lack of privacy, etc..)

They certainly aren’t here in the States. The pandemic has assured of that - and plus, it’s an election year. They wouldn’t be headline news in any case...Like with being Royal, I think they want the good of being famous (attention, people caring about them) without the bad (dealing with paparazzi, lack of privacy, etc..)

Which is ironic because people don't care about celebrities and have a limited attention span with them.

If they stopped leaking stories about themselves we wouldn't hear much about them now.

I also don't think that people have little interest in the couple or there wouldn't be so many articles about them in the UK media ranging from their anniversary, to what their home in LA is like.

I think a lot people outside Britain might be surprised at how little interest many people actually have in any members of the royal family in this country. It's very much a minority interest. Nothing wrong with that of course but for many Britons the royal family are just not that relevant. Put another way, how many out of the nearly 70 million in the UK actually read all these media articles?

Last edited:
Rebecca English explaining the financial arrangements of the Duke and Duchess, being left "cash-strapped" after they were "unexpectedly stripped" of their UK security:

Prince Harry in particular "had believed up until the very last minute" that he would be allowed to keep the Metropolitan Police team due to his position in the line of succession and his former military role.

The UK Home Secretary had to step in and force Harry and Meghan to back down after Canada refused to foot the bill.

Looks like the whole exit was too rushed to nut out these very basic things.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ry-Meghan-Markles-Frogmore-deal-revealed.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is ironic because people don't care about celebrities and have a limited attention span with them.

If they stopped leaking stories about themselves we wouldn't hear much about them now.

I've never been interested at ALL in celebrities - unless they are of the sporting variety or, with exception, my favorite tv stars. I just can't identify with the whole "sport" of celeb following, although to be fair, I've traveled quite a bit to see my favorite actor/actress at conventions. While the actor is famous in the UK, it's not like he's all over the headlines - nor does he want to be; it's why he would never live in Hollywood. The celebrity culture to me is just....ugh. Whenever Entertainment Tonight comes on, and we're still eating dinner, I just have to roll my eyes at the drooling over celebs, the brown nosing by these "reporters". I don't meant to sound like a snob, but it's just not my thing. This is the life that Harry and Meghan have entered, especially as they apparently have many celebrity friends. They will be on certain tv shows, on certain magazine covers, because of certain associations they have. If they were really interested in privacy, they would not be living in LA, near Hollywood.

I agree wholeheartedly with your last point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom