General News about the Sussex Family, Part Three: August-September 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can talk about all sorts of things, but I dont know of Harry Being interested in gardening. And IMO they will probably stick to non contentious subjects like how Archie is, sicne I can't imagine Charles is very happy that his son is living in LA, having walked out on his job and is now it appears doing a Diana by the use of a book which makes the RF look bad.

Seeing as we don't have any idea at all what Charles, Harry and Meghan talk about (except for Archie), this is quite preposterous imagining presented as truth. How do you know Charles never thought about walking out of the job himself, seeing how his little brothers coped and being happy for Harry that he did it? Only because the queen's and her parents' generation bedevilled the Duke of Windsor for chooseing his freedom over the Crown doesn't mean Charles doesn't understand Harry and wants to keep talking to them.

They can talk about all sorts of things, but I dont know of Harry Being interested in gardening. And IMO they will probably stick to non contentious subjects like how Archie is, sicne I can't imagine Charles is very happy that his son is living in LA, having walked out on his job and is now it appears doing a Diana by the use of a book which makes the RF look bad.

Stories appeared in the Press of Harry tending his little garden at Nott Cott, and no doubt if they had stayed he would have done the same at Frogmore Cottage.

Accounts have appeared in the papers recently that Harry and his father kept in touch regularly by phone during and after the negotiations over he and Meghan leaving and afterwards until now, especially when Charles suffered from his bout of Covid 19, and that they've been long and cordial conversations.

I think Meghan & Harry bought a marvellous property. But: Somewhere I did read, their combined net worth is only 33 million. The villa, which they will refurbish, I assume, roughly half of it! Plus all the costs to keep it up (Gardeners, Pool Boy, taxes etc.)! And will Meghan or her mom cook?

This is all in all perhaps a little bit to much in the long run?

My heart bleeds for them, they might need to scrimp and save to get by. Not like the poor souls furloughed then made redundant.

Seeing as we don't have any idea at all what Charles, Harry and Meghan talk about (except for Archie), this is quite preposterous imagining presented as truth. How do you know Charles never thought about walking out of the job himself, seeing how his little brothers coped and being happy for Harry that he did it? Only because the queen's and her parents' generation bedevilled the Duke of Windsor for chooseing his freedom over the Crown doesn't mean Charles doesn't understand Harry and wants to keep talking to them.

No they want to be financially independent, good for them, so let them be totally independent. They need to pay their own mortgage and their own staff.

Where people even getting they felt insulted by Frogmore? So one person suggests it and suddenly it is fact? It actually quite laughable how predictable that is.

Some folk seem to take this recent book as gospel but apparently not the part that said they adored Frogmore and had hope it to be their family home. Heck they even want to keep it and pay for it now but they hate it? Mmkay.

Feels like people just inventing things to be upset about.

Where people even getting they felt insulted by Frogmore? So one person suggests it and suddenly it is fact? It actually quite laughable how predictable that is.

Some folk seem to take this recent book as gospel but apparently not the part that said they adored Frogmore and had hope it to be their family home. Heck they even want to keep it and pay for it now but they hate it? Mmkay.

Feels like people just inventing things to be upset about.

How could they keep it and pay for it? Its not for sale...

How could they keep it and pay for it? Its not for sale...

I think the poster means that they plan to use Frogmore as a base when visiting the UK and will pay to rent it from the Crown when necessary.

I believe this report of the Duke and Duchess taking on a mortgage.

I think records of this property have been scoured by media, and that is why we have so much information about it.

The address, previous owner, previous asking prices, actual sale price, sale date, photos, square footage, details of number of bedrooms and bathrooms are all now available.

The $9,500,000 mortgage would have turned up in the records being sought out by media.

The couple really got a tremendous deal, and at a time when interest rates are low - lucky them.

The article below gives some idea of the on-going taxes the couple will be liable for.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...aid-14-7M-sprawling-Santa-Barbara-estate.html

Last edited:
In the long run Harry is the queen's grandson and the second son of the Prince of Wales. neither are paupers and as such Harry can expect and adequate inheritance which will make it easy for him to pay up on his mortgage. (Or just imagine the queen sending her trusted Angela Kelly into the vastness of the unknown vaults to select some ugly, but old pieces of jewelery and send them via courier to H&M (or directly to Sotheby's) for a discreet sale on auction.) There is no need at all to worry about Harry when it comes to money!

But they have said that they would like to earn money for financial independence.

Borrowing against a future inheritance, or flogging royal jewelry from the vaults, doesn't sound much like independence.

I think the poster means that they plan to use Frogmore as a base when visiting the UK and will pay to rent it from the Crown when necessary.

Exactly! Wasn’t that another thing people ranted about? The fact they decided to keep it as their U.K. base and pay rent? Now suddenly they hate it? Come on now.

We also have zero knowledge of their personal money situation. We can assume but we will likely be wrong. And that goes for all of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly! Wasn’t that another thing people ranted about? The fact they decided to keep it as their U.K. base and pay rent? Now suddenly they hate it? Come on now.

where else would they have used as their base? I don't think the RF were likely to give them another property... so whether they hate it or love it, they were going to have to use it

We also have zero knowledge of their personal money situation. We can assume but we will likely be wrong. And that goes for all of them.

We don't have zero knowledge. Harry's personal fortune was left to him largely by Diana, so we know how much that was.. and we know that H's father was letting him have about £2M a year... We know they weren't paying rent or for security in the UK so a mortgage and security are things that they will have to pay for now...so IMO they'll have need of Charles' money until they get work..

But they have said that they would like to earn money for financial independence.

Borrowing against a future inheritance, or flogging royal jewelry from the vaults, doesn't sound much like independence.

yes is the queen really likely to sell royal jewellery because they have walked out of their job and need to buy something??? With the money they have, if they really wanted to have a simpler life, they could easily buy a house, and live on their investments and do some hands on charity work,,.,, but they have no intention of doing wihtout luxury, and IMO are quite willing to take money or favours from anyone who offers, so financial independence? Not really...

One thing I want to say about Meghan and Harry in general, the feeling I get from them: Meghan is self-centered and Harry suffers from self-pity. Both very unattractive characteristics.

where else would they have used as their base? I don't think the RF were likely to give them another property... so whether they hate it or love it, they were going to have to use it

They didn’t have to keep it at all. As many pointed out when it was announced they planned to. I very much remember those decisions on how they could do such or such instead. Let’s not suddenly change the narrative.

They didn’t have to keep it at all. As many pointed out when it was announced they planned to. I very much remember those decisions on how they could do such or such instead. Let’s not suddenly change the narrative.

Assuming they're going to come back to the UK they need somewhere to stay.. nad hte house has been done up for them and due to security issues its not a place that can be rented out to someone else. If they were going to pay back the costs of restoration, presumably, it was felt that they had to keep the house and pay the money back and then they can have the use of it...

I think Meghan & Harry bought a marvellous property. But: Somewhere I did read, their combined net worth is only 33 million. The villa, which they will refurbish, I assume, roughly half of it! Plus all the costs to keep it up (Gardeners, Pool Boy, taxes etc.)! And will Meghan or her mom cook?

This is all in all perhaps a little bit to much in the long run?

I agree that it is a marvelous property and it will require a dedicated team working nearly everyday for the interior and exterior. It's much larger than Frogmore Cottage which likely had its exterior cared for by the WC estate workers.

They volunteered to pay it back. They also made it pretty clear that Frogmore was going to always be their U.K. residence. And folks put up a stink about it.

Again nothing suggests they looked down at Frogmore. People are projecting.

They volunteered to pay it back. They also made it pretty clear that Frogmore was going to always be their U.K. residence. And folks put up a stink about it.

Again nothing suggests they looked down at Frogmore. People are projecting.

I should hope they volunteered ot pay it back..
I suspect Meghan didn't care for frogmore,,, probably harry didn't mind.. but if this house in the US is more to her taste I doubt if English country houses are really her thing.

Why you suspect that? I mean it’s obviously why but just curious. How you know she didn’t suggest it? They could have been in the more extravagant Apt at KP yet passed on it. Again nothing suggest they look down on it and for some to speak it as fact is a bit silly but predictable.

Last edited:
In the long run Harry is the queen's grandson and the second son of the Prince of Wales. neither are paupers and as such Harry can expect and adequate inheritance which will make it easy for him to pay up on his mortgage. (Or just imagine the queen sending her trusted Angela Kelly into the vastness of the unknown vaults to select some ugly, but old pieces of jewelery and send them via courier to H&M (or directly to Sotheby's) for a discreet sale on auction.) There is no need at all to worry about Harry when it comes to money!

The idea that Harry, Mr "I want to be financially independent", is to rely on wealth either already inherited or yet to be inherited, to finance his uber-luxury lifestyle in Santa Barbara makes one think even less of the man than his recent actions have suggested!

A future inheritance which is secure makes you financially independant.

Plus IIRC the "financially independant"-bit was used when they tried to answer the claims of the papers, that they got much money from the Souverain Grant (in tabloid terms: taxpayer's money) for being working Royals and thus the tabloids (aka: "the voice of the taxpayer") had a right to question everything they did. Which they did in a way noone could have accept, without any courtesy or respect. I could see they were chosen to be the "bad couple" with William and Catherine as the good one and were hunted for bad stories without any remorse.

To regain their privacy, they ended working "for the taxpayer" and now live financially independant of taxpayer's money. There never was talk about foregoing Harry's inheritance from the queen and his father's support.
I see that people who don't like them want them to be left pennyless out in the streets, without any contact with his family, but IMHO the BRF will neither leave them without his rightful share of the queen's and later his father's money nor without close contact via phone or Skype or Zoom or whatever one uses nowadays. Noone except them and their closest family even knows where Charles and Harry are standing right now, but we were told in no uncertain terms that HM and Harry love each other very much.

The idea that Harry, Mr "I want to be financially independent", is to rely on wealth either already inherited or yet to be inherited, to finance his uber-luxury lifestyle in Santa Barbara makes one think even less of the man than his recent actions have suggested!

Oh, come on. It is as it is: he was born a prince of the UK, son of the heir to the throne, so it was to be seen that he would live like a prince all of his life. For a prince of the Uk there is no "uber-luxury", it's just a part of the life he is used too. Kings, queens and their families have for centuries felt with poor people and tried to help without living like poor people themselves. Be thankful that he and his wife want to help people in need. You cannot seriously expect them to try to live like paupers (in our world???) - just think of the nightmare this would be for security.

Honestly, I wish people on the Sussex-threats would accept that nothing Harry and Meghan have done is strange when you consider it from their position in life. There are reigning Royal Houses and their members are born with certain priviledges. This means their life is financially secure, more so if they were born close to the throne. Harry was third in line when he was born, so it stands to reason that he will always be a filthy rich guy for most people on the planet.

One thing I want to say about Meghan and Harry in general, the feeling I get from them: Meghan is self-centered and Harry suffers from self-pity. Both very unattractive characteristics.
Yes, but they didn't chose you as their best buddy, right? Thery didn't ask you to pay for their life... They just asked to respect their privacy and no media outlet is going to do that as long as they can sell papers to us!
Life has given both of them many advantages. But they were given some bad cars as well. It's up to them to use what they have been given and to try to get rid of the bad cards. Never forget: we all do that in our lives.

You said it all

Santa Barbara is a beautiful, somewhat idyllic place to live. Their home is gorgeous, it seems to have everything. It's also a lot of house for just 2 adults and a baby. I'm impressed with how much we seem to know about their new home and their financials. Harry and Meghan are either very brave or very naive or a bit of both. If covid is contained, the US economy stabilizes with the return of jobs and some degree of normality they made a great investment in the purchase of their new home. Mortgage rates are at record lows. If all goes south, no jobs, worsening economy and still no containment of the virus Harry is still a member of the BRF and Charles, has his back.

Santa Barbara is a beautiful, somewhat idyllic place to live. Their home is gorgeous, it seems to have everything. It's also a lot of house for just 2 adults and a baby. I'm impressed with how much we seem to know about their new home and their financials. Harry and Meghan are either very brave or very naive or a bit of both. If covid is contained, the US economy stabilizes with the return of jobs and some degree of normality they made a great investment in the purchase of their new home. Mortgage rates are at record lows. If all goes south, no jobs, worsening economy and still no containment of the virus Harry is still a member of the BRF and Charles, has his back.
So he's not taking any risk at all. If things fail, Charles and the BRF will rescue him,..........

I believe this report of the Duke and Duchess taking on a mortgage.

I think records of this property have been scoured by media, and that is why we have so much information about it.

The address, previous owner, previous asking prices, actual sale price, sale date, photos, square footage, details of number of bedrooms and bathrooms are all now available.

The $9,500,000 mortgage would have turned up in the records being sought out by media.

The couple really got a tremendous deal, and at a time when interest rates are low - lucky them.

The article below gives some idea of the on-going taxes the couple will be liable for.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...aid-14-7M-sprawling-Santa-Barbara-estate.html

Per the article the mortgage, property and property taxes come to $600k per year. That sum in itself is not going to break their bank

That line by the previous poster is repeated regularly on pro H&M forums. They feel that it is somehow only right that the Queen sell a few priceless heirlooms to help H&M pay their bills. I don’t know why they think that the Queen needs to sell jewelry to help them out if she wishes to do so

That line by the previous poster is repeated regularly on pro H&M forums. They feel that it is somehow only right that the Queen sell a few priceless heirlooms to help H&M pay their bills. I don’t know why they think that the Queen needs to sell jewelry to help them out if she wishes to do so

Well, if Harry sells his heirloom rifles for cash, they figure everyone else will sell their heirlooms too. Of course you'd have to be a very ardent Harry fan to think that the Queen wants to use Harry as her template.

Found the house on Google Maps... Apparently the house/estate of their neighbor to the South is also for sale (at least it was 3 months ago).

So he's not taking any risk at all. If things fail, Charles and the BRF will rescue him,..........

What did you think? Of course Charles would rescue him! He will be the king of the Uk's son one day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom