Future Home for Prince Harry

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would Prince Harry be able to request that certain furniture from Buckingham Palace be used in his and Meghan's new residence?

:previous: I think that question has a rather practical answer.

It would be bad form to ask to use fragile furniture that is part of the Royal Collection. Likewise, it would be bad form to ask (as example) the Kents give up a royally owned piece to Meghan and Harry, however much they coveted it.

But don't we all imagine that there are pieces held in storage that members of the family can ask the Queen permission to use? Art in storage, a great old dining room set, etc?

Not to drag us off topic, but The Cambridges filled their KP apartment with a lot of new stuff that was in their taste (that gorgeous Linley desk is a great example).

One has to be careful with lead content in paint and shellac/finishes in older pieces of furniture if one has children.

I think all of this comes into play.

Anything is possible, I suppose. What puts me off it being true is the huge security bill, and a very small cottage with no accommodation for RPOs, unless they stay in a caravan near the garage, lol!

Perhaps they have friends in Oxfordshire and so were seen around the pub having a drink, something to eat, and so somebody made two and two add up to five!

Police chief begs for more cash to protect Harry and Meghan's new home | Daily Mail Online

Police are asking for more money to pay for 24/7 security at Prince Harry and Meghan's new country home.

Armed officers are carrying out patrols around the £1.4million farmhouse property in the Cotswolds, and high-tech cameras and sensor equipment have also been placed around their new getaway.

Their 4,000 acre estate in Great Tew, Oxfordshire, has not been deemed a royal residence so does not receive extra funding that would entitle it extra protection.

Instead, the Thames Valley Police have been having to foot the bill for extra security on the 18th century farmhouse - as well as having to cope with two royal weddings this year.

SO it would seem they do a have house in the Cotswolds, maybe this will be a temporary stop before something more permanent.

Police chief begs for more cash to protect Harry and Meghan's new home | Daily Mail Online

Police are asking for more money to pay for 24/7 security at Prince Harry and Meghan's new country home.

Armed officers are carrying out patrols around the £1.4million farmhouse property in the Cotswolds, and high-tech cameras and sensor equipment have also been placed around their new getaway.

Their 4,000 acre estate in Great Tew, Oxfordshire, has not been deemed a royal residence so does not receive extra funding that would entitle it extra protection.

Instead, the Thames Valley Police have been having to foot the bill for extra security on the 18th century farmhouse - as well as having to cope with two royal weddings this year.

SO it would seem they do a have house in the Cotswolds, maybe this will be a temporary stop before something more permanent.

Just by reading this, it doesn’t seem that he specifically mentions Harry actually lives there. He talks about asking for money for VVIPs and the wedding and events, which is all fine. The conclusion that Harry and Meghan’s supposed new home seems to come from other reports saying that they are and thus the author concluded they are included in the VVIPs. But really, there is nothing official in this compared to other rumors that makes it anymore substantiated.

To go along with what is presented, I'm going to wait for KP to announce a move to a certain area or home.

For all we know, thinking along the lines of what the Daily Fail presents, this domicile could be in preparation for a recuperation place and a place in holding for the eventual state visit from the US to the UK. Security from the Metropolitan Police/Scotland Yard doesn't only provide security for members of the BRF but *all* VIPs.

Fanciful thinking but who is to say I can't think along the same lines as the Fail? :whistling:

Any country home for the Sussex’s will be speculation until it’s officially confirmed. The Anmer Hall story for the Cambridge’s wasn’t really believed until it was officially confirmed as their actual country home. I think it’s down to security reasons.

That York Cottage rumor has been several months now. Nothing official about anything yet. The more recent rumor is the 'rental' home in the country'.

LaRae

That’s why I mentioned that the rumors will continue until it’s officially made known that a particular country home are theirs. Anmer wasn’t confirmed to very late. Even during construction and refurbishment, it was still considered a rumor.

I don't think there is anything going on to York Cottage right now...and I'm sure it would need a renovation before they move in.

LaRae

One issue I'd think would make York Cottage unlike is the fact that it's on the tourist route. Security is going to be an issue. I've seen some concerns expressed over the Wessex home in the past.

The property that the Sussexes are said to be renting is on the Great Tew Estate. Also on the estate is Soho House country retreat. The owner of the Great Tew Estate is a shareholder in Soho House.

Is seems that their friends have found them somewhere to rent whilst the final choice is being made.

If the report is even true....which until it happens I don't believe it.

LaRae

I believe the rumor about the Great Tew Estate.

Not me...too many rumors out there have been proven false about all kinds of things about them.

LaRae

The rumor about the Great Tew Estate might be true, but at this point the media have floated so, so many ridiculous and ultimately inaccurate rumors as if they were verified facts that I'm very skeptical--especially about something like where the Sussexes are going to live.

And I especially don't believe the York Cottage rumor--which was also presented as a verified fact, so that makes all the other so-called facts look even less likely.

of all the rumors the Great Tew one makes the most sense - somewhere to go out of London that is not permanent and with people they know in the area.

If York House was going to happen it would take 12-18 months if not longer to move current offices out and bring it up to scratch.

Do they really need to rent a country home? They have Nott Cott for while they are in London...if they have been staying in the country already (and I'd find it hard to believe they haven't been) then maybe they already have things sorted out..we just don't know about it.

LaRae

The part that makes it seem unlikely is the supposed expense for security. I do not see how they could justify that.

:previous: That is the problem. If people have a problem with PPO's imagine picking up the outrageous cost of that sort of high security. Harry is no fool, he knows his options are limited because of who he is and he also knows any foolish idea of a swanky home in a swanky rural neighbourhood is just that, foolish.

I think even the PPO's were shocked to find out how many of Meghan's neighbours knew about Harry and resisted the urge to tell the world. He really did get lucky but he is not one to push his luck.

Yeah cause we all know how accurate the DM is.....NOT.

LaRae

Considering the Costwolds are a touristy place as far as I know, I doubt they would ever more there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom