Forum Mobile Apps for iPhone, iPad, Android Devices etc

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a problem , I'm using iPhone 4S ,, And i used to log in from the internet browser !!! because the TRF app not work well with me ,, I can not see my friends list & my public profile !!! ,, Showed only my profile info ! ,, Is that with everyone ??

Last edited:
There is a new update for the app. Please try uninstalling the old one. Turn off your device, turn it back on and then load the new app. This should solve most issues.

Takes me at least 4 attempts to get onto a thread without getting the 'error' message and I have to report it. Attached an image of what I get.

Attachments

• image-1623484334.jpg
    image-1623484334.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 286
:previous: I get that sometimes, too. I click on the refresh arrow at the top of the screen when it occurs on the 'current threads' section, and then it usually works as normal; but when I'm on the actual thread the screen turns grey and doesn't work unless I turn my iPod off and on again.

Also, Sometimes my app randomly crashes when I enter some threads (my iPod needs updating anyway), does anyone know what's happening and how I could resolve it? Thanks!

Last edited:
I have the Royal Forum App on my Ipad. It always tells me when someone has replied to a thread I Subscribed/Posted too but in the last week I have not gotten any notifications to any new replies in Threads I subscribed too or replied too. How do I fix this?

Try unsubscribing and resubscribing :) does that make sense?

Your settings for the forums might be set up to not send you emails. If you go to the website check out your subscription settings.

The thread entitled "Annual engagements by members of the royal family" in the British Royal Family sub forum never seems to work for me on my iPod. I get a message saying that there is no connection (when there is) as the thread has been redirected too many times when I've only opened it once. All the other threads are fine, it's just this one. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
The thread entitled "Annual engagements by members of the royal family" in the British Royal Family sub forum never seems to work for me on my iPod. I get a message saying that there is no connection (when there is) as the thread has been redirected too many times when I've only opened it once. All the other threads are fine, it's just this one. Can anyone help?

Interesting, everytime I attempt to go past page 35 I get this message. Full signal and what not.

Attachments

• image-4207382595.jpg
    image-4207382595.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 256
Is there a way on the app to put posters on Ignore? I've looked, but if there is, I haven't found it.

Is there a way on the app to put posters on Ignore? I've looked, but if there is, I haven't found it.

I haven't been able to find it either. And I almost only visit the site from my mobile. I also can't find a delete button for my posts. Is there one?

I don't think there is a way to ignore users using the mobile app. The app is rather limited in what it can and cannot do regarding profiles.

To delete posts you have to click edit then click the "+" that's beside the "send". It'll give you a list of options, the last of which is delete.

I don't think there is a way to ignore users using the mobile app. The app is rather limited in what it can and cannot do regarding profiles.

To delete posts you have to click edit then click the "+" that's beside the "send". It'll give you a list of options, the last of which is delete.

Thanks Ish!
I will look it up.

Just wanted to report the app seems to be sending error messages about server unavailable quite a bit recently but I can usually get into website.

I've tried to change my setting so that pics and URLs open in the app, but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

What is with the new iPad app?! It's awful.

I have to agree. Im NOT liking this new app or look for the forums. Everything has changed and my avatar doesnt even show. The old way was better.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm adding my voice to the dissent. I am really not a fan of the new look.

We have new release of the app (as you have noticed) and will see what can be done about tweaking the colors. Thanks for being patient :)

Haven't updated the app on my tablet, but if it looks the same as on my phone, I'll not update. Leave well enough alone!

I've tried to change my setting so that pics and URLs open in the app, but it doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?

Same here and it's long past just annoying. Is there also a way to have the Forums options to come back up when you enter the App instead of a listing of which poster posted in which thread when. I could care less about that personally and I would love to know how to turn it off.

I really hate the new format and it seems far harder to navigate than the previous version. Also, the teeny tiny font format of this version is not at all friendly to those of us w/vision issues. At least the former version had the font in crisper tones of colour and made it easier to read the postings.

Not sure why a complete overhaul was needed of the App. After all, if it ain't broke...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Hi all, once I have opened a link I can't seem to return to the thread that I am viewing. I have to close the link and reopen the RF app. Surely that can't be right? Also, many of the avatars have disappeared. Can anybody help??

Like the update, only problem I have is some avatar's appear and others don't.

We have new release of the app (as you have noticed) and will see what can be done about tweaking the colors. Thanks for being patient :)

It's not the colours for me, it's the layout. Why overhaul something that worked fine in the first place?

To me the colours suck - the combination seems to clash and is just a bit too much - but the real problem is the layout and the loss of functionality. The old layout was easy to navigate and had limited redundancies, while the new one is just really redundant and a bit silly.

I really dislike how I can't see everyone's avatars anymore, even though I have that setting turned on, the options at the bottom of the reply screen are in the way of the actual text, and it doesn't seem like you can multi-quote reply anymore. Navigation within the forums is more difficult - it used to be far easier to reply to or refresh a forum on the old app.

I do like how you can save drafts of posts and open pages in Safari if you want to, although the fact that links automatically open in safari can be annoying as it takes you away from the app. I also like how you can change your email notifications from the app itself. It would be nice if you could do things like thanking or friending people from the app in general, although I will say that the profiles have been improved on this version of the app.

Hi all, once I have opened a link I can't seem to return to the thread that I am viewing. I have to close the link and reopen the RF app. Surely that can't be right? Also, many of the avatars have disappeared. Can anybody help??

I have the same problem - if I open a photo i can't return back to the page. If I am in the view where it just shows unread threads then the whole thread I was looking at disappears - please return it back to how it was!!

:previous: Me too. There's no way to return to the forums once you have opened a link without reopening the app.
As for the new design, I agree about not liking having all the latest posts as the "homepage". The colours may grow on me, but I prefered the more muted tones of the previous version.
Also some avatars are missing.

Now the mobile app as well?!
I'm deleting it off my iPad and iPhone because it's just awful. The layout is unworkable. Why change what wasn't broken?

Bad decision.

Back
Top Bottom