Earl and Countess of Wessex: Visit to the Caribbean - February 21-March 7, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I love that article, though I doubt their sartorial choices were meant to co-ordinate, just happened to be a black tie event. I love her dress, it's so beautiful. Sophie looks great.

Thanks for all the links to more images and information. :)

Another article, containing what may be my favourite picture of the Tour so far. Royal Welcome 2

Last edited:
I love that article, though I doubt their sartorial choices were meant to co-ordinate, just happened to be a black tie event. I love her dress, it's so beautiful. Sophie looks great.

Thanks for all the links to more images and information. :)

Another article, containing what may be my favourite picture of the Tour so far. Royal Welcome 2

I can see why that picture is your favorite :D. The smiles say it all.

Sophie does indeed look great. I love the fact that their attire for the black tie event just happened to coordinate :D. It's lovely to see them receive good coverage.

I can see why that picture is your favorite :D. The smiles say it all.

Sophie does indeed look great. I love the fact that their attire for the black tie event just happened to coordinate :D. It's lovely to see them receive good coverage.

It's such a lovely photo, I wish we could see others from the visit. They do refer to her as Princess Sophie a lot though. It is only in these visits that do we ever see her full titled used, The Princess Edward.

It is nice that their clothes co-ordinated, whether it was intentional or not. There is an image of Edward holding Sophie's hand as they walk down the stairs. I love that, ever the gentleman.

Last edited:
Well, she is legally The Princess Edward, but you go by your highest ranking title, and hers is The Countess of Wessex. So while no one would be in error calling her that, it's not the title she has assumed publicly.

It's such a lovely photo, I wish we could see others from the visit. They do refer to her as Princess Sophie a lot though. It is only in these visits that do we ever see her full titled used, The Princess Edward.

It is nice that their clothes co-ordinated, whether it was intentional or not. There is an image of Edward holding Sophie's hand as they walk down the stairs. I love that, ever the gentleman.

I love that they hold hands in public (probably when they think no one's looking :D :wub:).

:previous:
Molly where is that picture?!? hmm I don't know how I miss that ;) :)
EDIT
I found that :D what I lovely gesture :)

Here is some more pictures
1 2 3 3-1 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Last edited:

Prince Edward inaugurated the establishment of a Jubilee Garden at Port Elizabeth, Bequia
by planting two royal palms, on February 25, 2012.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Molly where is that picture?!? hmm I don't know how I miss that ;) :)
EDIT
I found that :D what I lovely gesture :)

Here is some more pictures
1 2 3 3-1 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

It is lovely, isn't it? Edward often helps her down stairs, and when she had broken her rib at Easter over the Royal Wedding hype, he was there holding her hand to help her up the aisle and when they returned to Buckingham Palace he waited for her so he could help her up the stairs. It's such a simply gesture, but it's lovely. I am sure a lot of men would do it though.

I love that they hold hands in public (probably when they think no one's looking :D :wub:).

I know, it's lovely. I wish they were more affectionate in public, but I think it adds to the mystery of their relationship and makes it so successful, due to the fact they keep all their affection in doors. They are lovely though, you can still see that they're happy after almost 20 years together. The little looks and jokes they share are cute, especially this image from the State Dinner, one of them has said something funny and they're smiling. Cute.

Thanks Iceflower, the image of Edward planting the tree is amusing.

Last edited:
I have found some more images, and found my new favourite image of the tour, :)

Images found on Flickr, courtest of the British Monarchy

TRH The Earl and Countess of Wessex + TRH 2

Further images from Flickr, but you are unable to save them so they can be seen here.

The image of Sophie is stunning, she looks amazing. I love her dress, the design of it and the two shades make it really slimming. I still like the fact that call her The Princess Edward. I like her watch, and from a distance it looks like a Toy Watch, those watches that were really popular last year. I highly doubt that is what it is, but it looks nice. Her earrings also look like her wedding earrings, but I could be mistaken.

The Facebook for UKinBarbados have added a lot of photos of Edward and Sophie's time in Barbados. Links below:

The Royal Couples Second Day

The Royal Couples Visit - Reception on Fort Rosalie

Last edited:
^^ thanks for the pics. In the last gallery, they seem to have had great fun

My thanks for the pics also!

Molly, I believe you are correct, those are Sophie's wedding earrings worn with both the black and white and the brown reception dresses.

The brown dress at the Fort Rosalie reception is the same one she wore to the religious wedding ceremony in Monaco. Looked better with the hat in Monaco IMO.

February 28th

Edward and Sophie arrived in Trinidad and Tobago yesterday; view arrival pictures here.

They then met with the President. View photos here.

Finally, they attended a reception. View images here.

February 29th

The Earl and Countess of Wessex viewed a military parade today. View pics here.

The Countess of Wessex visited the Princess Elizabeth Centre today, in Trinidad and Tobago. View pictures here.

The Earl visited the Belmont Boys' School today. Photos can be viewed here.

Last edited:
Love the pictures of Sophie and the kids.

The Countess of Wessex visited the Princess Elizabeth Centre today, in Trinidad and Tobago. View pictures here.

Wonderful pictures :)
Sophie have a new dress ;), it suits very good :)

Great to see this tour of the Caribbean by Edward and Sophie - though it seems strange that considering they visited in March 2011 Barbados, Bermuda, and Bahamas that the couple have made a return to the area so soon.

The Earl and Countess of Wessex in Trinidad and Tobago 28 February 2012
Pictures are from The British Monarchy's Facebook page

edward edward&sophie

+ article

Last edited:
February 28th

Edward and Sophie arrived in Trinidad and Tobago yesterday; view arrival pictures here.

They then met with the President. View photos here.

Finally, they attended a reception. View images here.

February 29th

The Earl visited the Belmont Boys' School today. Photos can be viewed here.

Thank you for this post, the arrangement of the photos is particularly helpful! :flowers: I have said it a million times before, Edward and Sophie are the perfect team and IMO they do a truly good job whenever they are abroad. ;) They both look great, relaxed and friendly to all the people they meet.

So sad that we haven't had very much coverage of Edward and Sophie's trip the last 4 days. I've been trying to find something but I've been out of luck so far. :(

Edit: Thank you Thain and MagMil for answering my plead!

Last edited:
Apart from a couple of odd things Sophie really has looked lovely this whole tour. Loved seeing her in more caual surroundings in the dress from the Monaco wedding the mauve printed thing was a bit odd and the gold cocktail dress looked not great on her. She really is the master recycler giving a slight change here and there to create a different look for all her dresses.
She has done well and they are both just terrific IMO in the roles they are undretaking here.

Thanks for the links to more images, Sophie and Edward look great. I wonder if they will pass by Harry on their last leg of their trip, little rendezvous between family!

The image from Flickr of Sophie in the white dress is beautiful, she looks great. The images of Sophie at the Princess Elizabeth Centre are also lovely, she is so great with children.

I look forward to the rest of this Jubilee year, seeing what the Wessex crew will be attending and what not.

I agree, the Earl and Countess of Wessex look magnificent and appear to be having a great time as well.
Her Majesty can be proud by all the family members who have so far represented her in the Commonwealth Realms; they are all doing a great job! :)

any pictures from the state dinner in St Kitts yet? be intertesing to see what the Countess wore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom