Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 5: October 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What lovely pictures -- thank you for posting them. It is nice to see them out and about....looks like the kiddies had a great time. Louise was certainly enjoying her ice cream :)

Wow James has grown, Louise looks so wonderful. :)

Louise still has a bad squint in her eye. Wasn't that supposed to have been fixed when she was younger?

The latest photos are all beautiful! IMO Louise resembles her father and grandmother, the Queen, a lot. They're both very sweet kids!

rex features some similar ones, sadly enough i cannot enlarge them ^^

It's good to see the little ones again. They're getting more and more cute. I hope Sophie is okay.

Louise still has a bad squint in her eye. Wasn't that supposed to have been fixed when she was younger?

There is a report that she had surgery on the eye when younger. There are other suggestions that she hasn't had any surgery at all.

Whatever the truth her parents will have had the best medical advice about how to handle the eye and any other problems that she may have, parrticularly after her difficult birth.

Nice photos all of them and Sophie must have been really unwell to miss it. Edward looks like quite a hand at managing though good for him ....James looks loke Sophie's side IMO I think the ice creams look better than anything.

Of all the Queen's grandchildren, Louise and James have the most Windsor-like features!

Sophie is back :)

Sophie, Countess of Wessex, attended the opening night of Ballet
Central 25th Anniversary Tour, Corn Exchange, Newbury, Berkshire,
Britain - 20 May 2010. Sophie is Patron of the Central School of Ballet.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

She looks beautiful, but i don't think the jacket and the white dress go.
White and white, grey and grey, IMO.

Great to see Sophie back, stunning as always!

Little Louise looks so much like her grandmother and Princess Anne at the same age. You can compare pictures of Queen Mary, Princess Mary, the young Elizabeth and the young Anne with Louise and the resemblance is very strong. I imagine she really looks like her dad, since he resembles the Queen. Young James reminds me of pictures I saw of Prince Charles as a little boy.

Yes I agree Sophie looks great in this and I think the lighter colours look better on her all round love the jewelry.

The Earl of Wessex is currently visiting my hometown, Greenville. :)

Here are some articles about Prince Edward's activities:

Prince Edward in South Carolina
27 May 2010

Britain's Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, came to South Carolina Thursday to give out awards for his father's youth foundation and attend Greenville's Scottish Games and Highland Festival.

The Prince will stay in the Palmetto State through Sunday.

He will give out 70 Duke of Edinburgh Awards to contestants in the Miss South Carolina pageant. The awards created by Prince Philip encourage young people to participate in sports and community service.

Full article: News Channel 7

Prince Edward's tour of the Upstate begins
27 May 2010

Royalty touched down in the Upstate Thursday when Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, arrived at Stevens Aviation at Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport. The fourth child of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Phillip and the seventh in line to the British throne stepped off the plane with a smile and a wave, holding a summer hat in hand.

A group of Miss South Carolina organization and Greenville Scottish Games representatives, media and public officials, gathered to receive him.

Greenville Mayor Knox White, Greer Mayor Rick Danner and Spartanburg Councilwoman Renee Cariveau were on hand to greet His Royal Highness, give him the keys to all three cities and joke with him a little bit, too.

Full article: Greenville Online

Clip from Channel 4 News: Prince Edward Attends Scottish Games - Video - WYFF Greenville

My hometown as well. :) It's kind of surreal to have him here.

Last edited by a moderator:
My hometown as well. :) It's kind of surreal to have him here.

Isn't it though? :) Never in a million years would I have expected any member of the Royal Family to visit South Carolina, let alone Greenville.

My family and I arrived downtown just in the nick of time for the beginning of the Great Scot Parade that took place this evening. My younger brother almost made us late, as little brothers are apt to do ;), but thankfully we briskly walked up to the parade route just as the car bearing Prince Edward came into view. We had to keep jogging down the sidewalk as the royal blue Rolls progressed so that I could continue taking photos, and we only stopped moving once the Rolls-Royce did. Since we were on the side of Main Street facing the tent sheltering the Earl of Wessex and the Mayor, we had a very good vantage point! Seeing the Earl of Caithness and the handful of barons was pretty cool too.
Unsurprisingly, I am also getting up bright and early tomorrow morning and dragging one of my dear friends with me to the Scottish Games! Should be fun. :D

The Countess of Wessex, who is President of the Royal Bath and
West of England Society, out and about at the Royal Bath and
West Show at Shepton Mallet, Somerset, June 2nd, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Scottish Games share spotlight with royalty
30 May 2010

Prince Edward’s visit to Greenville continued Saturday with his highly anticipated visit to the Scottish Games – believed to be the first time a senior member of the royal family has visited the games outside Scotland.

Not one to stand on ceremony, the prince spent the first half of the day touring the games on foot, visiting the fields at Furman University and chatting with visitors along the way.

“He seldom gets to, but really likes to, interact with folks – and these are different kind of folks for him,” said Dee Benedict, president of the Greater Greenville Scottish Games and Highland Festival.

Full article and video: The Greenville News

Thanks for all updates on the activities of Earl and Countess of Wessex!:flowers:
It is obvious that the Countess delighted people with friendly attitude.

Yesterday, Prince Edward and Countess Sophie were guests of honour
at a garden party in Hillsborough Castle, Northern Island, that was
being hosted by the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland.

Today, June 9, they visited the Giants Causeway world heritage site
on the North Antrim coast Northern Ireland.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

These are great pictures! They look so relaxed and happy. Thank you, iceflower.:flowers:

Why did they tell them who they were?

What great pictures those are. They both look so relaxed and enjoying themselves.

edited to add...Yi yi yi!!! Talk about an idiot!! If you're told you're going to be hosting very big VIP's, but not told their idenity, there's usually a good reason. Even though things have settled down, this was still a Royal Visit to Northern Ireland and I'm guessing security was attempting to keep things as under wraps as possible due to that.

I hope his resume's awfully good, because I have a feeling he's going to have to start looking for a new job *and* place for him and his family to live in.

What an embrassing mess this all is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom