Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a lovely night! Jay Z and Beyonce are icons and pioneers and the respect they had for the Sussexes was very cute, especially Bey and Meghan. They also had lovely interactions with the rest of the cast including Billy Eichner who went to NU as well and spoke with Meghan about their shared teachers there!

As for the Disney donation and upcoming Sussex project on conservation, I am very excited to learn more! Harry has been so smart with how he has ensured his work is sustainable, arguably his projects are the most self-sufficient of the previous joint foundation's. Using the hook of Lion King to help raise money and an audience is smart indeed. Harry has been working on this project for a bit. It is why he attended the conference in Germany earlier this year and part of why he has been taking so many meetings with Chatham House too.

Last edited:
Court Circular 11th October:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex this afternoon received Ms Samantha Cohen upon relinquishing her appointment as Private Secretary to Their Royal Highnesses.

CC:
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex today visited families of deployed service personnel at the Broom Farm Community Centre in Windsor”

An embargoed event, but more is due to come out tomorrow.

Nice way to start Remembrance week. The first of four appearances for them. Nice that they were out visiting families of deployed soldiers.

Yes, its especially appropriate at this time of year. And actually, I hope the couple do more of these sorts of engagements in the future.

Last edited:
I think this is the busiest week of the year for all members of the BRF.

CC:
“The Duke and Duchess of Sussex today visited families of deployed service personnel at the Broom Farm Community Centre in Windsor”

An embargoed event, but more is due to come out tomorrow.

The Sussex's posted this visit at their Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4j36_wlAPC/

Video

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4jvO9MlvqG/

Article

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-11-07...ie-as-they-meet-military-families-in-windsor/

Last edited:
Here is a good write up of the event:

A ROYAL SURPRISE - Army&You

It was great to see the Sussexes out supporting military families in their local community...everyone seemed like they had a good time.

Last edited:
Two sightings the same day ! Wonderful ! Meghan more beautiful than ever !

The Sussexes sure have been busy today! I loved seeing them with the military families - cute to hear that Archie has two little teeth now ? Pretty much all the parents who were asked to comment about the couple all said that they were very friendly and down to earth, which seems to sum this couple up to a T.

According to the CC the visit to the military families was yesterday; the visit, however, was embargoed until today (however, the CC did not respect that embargo ;) - thanks to Omid Scobie who noticed that!)

Last edited:
Court Circular 6th November:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex this morning visited families of deployed Service personnel at Broom Farm Community Centre, Windsor, Berkshire.

Court Circular 7th November:
Buckingham Palace

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex this morning planted Crosses of Remembrance in the Royal British Legion Field of Remembrance at St Margaret’s Church, Westminster Abbey, London SW1.

Last edited:
This was a wonderful event and, having done their very best during the service they moved on to the people. I truly believe this is where they both do their very best work. Both Harry and Meghan have "the common touch" that allows them to move through the people with ease and have the ability to make the person they are speaking to feel like they are the centre of the universe, special and worthy in some real way. That gift is rare, having a married couple able to do that is magic. The BRF must be ecstatic that with everything that has been going on they both seem to be able to put that behind them and concentrate on what they do best. Giving of themselves and being refreshed by the genuine warmth and admiration of those they are there for.

This was a wonderful event and, having done their very best during the service they moved on to the people. I truly believe this is where they both do their very best work. Both Harry and Meghan have "the common touch" that allows them to move through the people with ease and have the ability to make the person they are speaking to feel like they are the centre of the universe, special and worthy in some real way. That gift is rare, having a married couple able to do that is magic. The BRF must be ecstatic that with everything that has been going on they both seem to be able to put that behind them and concentrate on what they do best. Giving of themselves and being refreshed by the genuine warmth and admiration of those they are there for.

So true - it was great seeing them interact so beautifully with the people at this very important event.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will visit Canada House in London tomorrow 7 January to meet Janice Charette, High Commissioner in Canada to the UK

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ENnGezYWoAcJCPM?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

I am not sure I fully understand why this is required. I thought the trip to Canada was a private, unannounced trip. And even if they thought they had to visit the High Commissioner, does it have to be an announced engagement?

I am not sure they visited the Ambassador or High Commissioner of the other countries they may have previously been on holiday to? Botswana? France? Spain?

Last edited:
This is a current event for the couple isn’t it?

[...] it is indeed a strange engagement. to me, they are using this to signal the end of their 'private time abroad'.

Last edited by a moderator:
First Official Engagement of 2020:

Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, on January 7th, will officially visit Canada House to meet High Commissioner, Janice Charette, to thank them for their “warm Canadian Hospitality and support” during their family trip to Canada. Their Royal Highnesses will also visit the Canada Gallery to view a special exhibition by an Indigenous Canadian artist and meet members of the Canadian UK High Commission team work support work within the partnership of Canada and the UK.

Y’all do know this is a very gracious engagement from senior members of the royal family to thank a member of the Commonwealth, Canada, for hosting them during a family trip and show some support for the partnership of Canada and the UK, right? There’s nothing confusing about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure I fully understand why this is required. I thought the trip to Canada was a private, unannounced trip. And even if they thought they had to visit the High Commissioner, does it have to be an announced engagement?

I am not sure they visited the Ambassador or High Commissioner of the other countries they may have previously been on holiday to? Botswana? France? Spain?

The difference likely lies in the obvious: Canada is one of the queen's realms. Spain, France and Botswana are not.

Its not simply a meeting with the high commissioner. Though such meetings are often on the CC. They will also be visiting an art exhibition at Canada house and meeting with others who work there to learn about projects. There are over 500,000 Canadian expats living and working in the UK right now. Its about emphasizing the work and trade relationship that continues.

This is more about the exhibit they will visit
https://www.canadainternational.gc....extraterrestres_avatars_galerie.aspx?lang=eng

It seems also an official 'we're back'.

Last edited:
The difference likely lies in the obvious: Canada is one of the queen's realms. Spain, France and Botswana are not.

Its not simply a meeting with the high commissioner. Though such meetings are often on the CC. They will also be visiting an art exhibition at Canada house and meeting with others who work there to learn about projects. There are over 500,000 Canadian expats living and working in the UK right now. Its about emphasizing the work and trade relationship that continues. It seems also an official 'we're back'.

https://www.canadainternational.gc....extraterrestres_avatars_galerie.aspx?lang=eng

Yay Canada House! Yay Sussex visit! It is impossible to overestimate the value of such attention to Canada and its public image. Under the previous Harper regime there were dark rumours of selling Canada House as public diplomacy is supposedly no longer necessary. This is a very welcome development that should be celebrated by Canadian expats in Britain:flowers:

Its not simply a meeting with the high commissioner. Though such meetings are often on the CC. They will also be visiting an art exhibition at Canada house and meeting with others who work there to learn about projects. There are over 500,000 Canadian expats living and working in the UK right now. Its about emphasizing the work and trade relationship that continues.

It seems also an official 'we're back'.

Great summary...I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Canada house is an important presence in London. Not just for the Canadian expats. It is a welcoming space and they often do exhibitions there.

Nice way for Harry and Meghan to get back to work.

They officially announced they were taking a break so this seems like a good way to officially announce they're back and put in some good PR with Canada as part of the Commonwealth at the same time, which is one of their big roles as a couple anyway.

Canada house is an important presence in London. Not just for the Canadian expats. It is a welcoming space and they often do exhibitions there.

Nice way for Harry and Meghan to get back to work.

Agreed. Not sure why people are bothered by this. It is actually a nice way to resume their work. Looking forward to the engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom