Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: May 2018 - March 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today's polo match can be discussed here.

Kensington Palace

Verified account

@KensingtonRoyal
6m6 minutes ago
More
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will visit the Nelson Mandela Centenary Exhibition at @SouthBankCentre's Queen Elizabeth Hall on Tuesday 17th July.

The exhibition explores the life and times of Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela and marks the centenary of his birth @Mandela100UK.

Excellent news and I can't wait to see them at this event. ?

Yes, great news. And gosh, what an interesting exhibition that would be to view. Wish I was in London!

Agreed, I would love to see that exhibit if I was in London. Fascinating.

I look forward to seeing them there.

I am looking forward to the upcoming engagement the exhibition seems amazing. I don't think the KP tweet specified it but Southcentre tweeted saying the couple would be officially opening the exhibit to the public.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an inspiration this exhibition must be to Harry and Meghan. To not only see some of the artefacts and memorabilia connected with this great man, but also to meet friends, colleagues and family members of Nelson Mandela. Just wonderful. If I was in London I think I'd be there all day!

What a wonderful exhibition celebrating the life of Nelson Mandela ,I'm sure the Duke and Duchess were fascinated by it.

I think these two have a very strong foundation. I know folks were "concerned" that it was rushed, but the time they spent together was intentional and it seems totally focused on each other in a way that allowed them to cut through a lot of BS and really get to know each other. You do not cross an ocean as much as these two did to see other with out a deep connection.

I think their marriage beginning with all this drama will only make them stronger.

I think these two have a very strong foundation. I know folks were "concerned" that it was rushed, but the time they spent together was intentional and it seems totally focused on each other in a way that allowed them to cut through a lot of BS and really get to know each other. You do not cross an ocean as much as these two did to see other with out a deep connection.

I think their marriage beginning with all this drama will only make them stronger.

Yes I think the fact they had to turn towards each other and shut out the noise was beneficial ...and that they stayed home for the most part while dating as they mentioned in the engagement interview ..forces you to experience the good/bad pretty quickly..you'll know if you can stand to be around them and deal with all the little quirky things people do.

I don't think there was a single doubt in either of their minds about getting married.

LaRae

:previous: Hopefully it will Zaira. Sometimes this type of drama can have a negative impact on a relationship, but being an eternal optimist, I'm hoping that it strengthens their bond. ?

:previous:
From the looks of that picture there is no doubt they found each other to be the only one for them.......they are in their world and only let others in when they want to......Love is overflowing all around them .........hope others notice and catch some..

:previous: Hopefully it will Zaira. Sometimes this type of drama can have a negative impact on a relationship, but being an eternal optimist, I'm hoping that it strengthens their bond. ?

Yes, this type of drama could definitely have a negative impact on any relationship. Unfortunately, it could happen to them also. Although I truly hope not. It would be a shame. :sad:

Looking at the photo of the two of them together today at the Nelson Mandela centenary, it really makes me think that what these two people have found in each other is agape. Unconditional love. The you and me against the world kind of love. The no matter what kind of love. Not the "I'll love you if you build me a tennis court" kind of love but one that endures and strengthens and comforts through the good times and the bad times.

Nelson Mandela's granddaughter hit the nail on the head describing this couple. The both of them do what they do not because its required or expected but because they want to make a difference. I kind of chuckle now remembering Harry (along with several other British royals) that when talking about marriage, bring up the fact they have to find someone willing to "take them on". Take on the royal lifestyle and the royal fishbowl. Meeting Meghan, Harry found not only someone willing to dive right into the royal fishbowl but one that already was a champion swimmer and loved the water. :D

Yes, this type of drama could definitely have a negative impact on any relationship. Unfortunately, it could happen to them also. Although I truly hope not. It would be a shame. :sad:

Any type of stress or difficulties can cause strain on a relationship. However, if they can get through it together, it actually makes the relationship stronger than just smooth sailing. And all relationships eventually runs into hardship one way or another. That's just life.

Harry already knows first hand how terrible the UK press can be. He was born in the eye of the storm. He was looking for someone who could weather the storm with him. The moment the relationship was announced the press have worked nonstop to destroy her and ruin the relationship. They have never had a grace period, they have never had positive press not counting the wedding. They will always have problems like any newly wed couple. But this level of hatred is nothing new to them. If they cut out the press and keep smiling and living they will be fine.

Looking at the photo of the two of them together today at the Nelson Mandela centenary, it really makes me think that what these two people have found in each other is agape. Unconditional love. The you and me against the world kind of love. The no matter what kind of love. Not the "I'll love you if you build me a tennis court" kind of love but one that endures and strengthens and comforts through the good times and the bad times.

Nelson Mandela's granddaughter hit the nail on the head describing this couple. The both of them do what they do not because its required or expected but because they want to make a difference. I kind of chuckle now remembering Harry (along with several other British royals) that when talking about marriage, bring up the fact they have to find someone willing to "take them on". Take on the royal lifestyle and the royal fishbowl. Meeting Meghan, Harry found not only someone willing to dive right into the royal fishbowl but one that already was a champion swimmer and loved the water. :D

Harry and Meghan should know that the world if not the UK is rooting for them. I can't wait for them to get out and travel.
Save

Let’s get back to discussing the event, please.

This is a fabulous event for them to be at, not only for what it is and now much it means to them but as a way of showing how much they are working to make a difference and be the support they want to be.

Very nice gesture. It’s obvious how important and instrumental ELF has been to not only Harry, but also Meghan.

Does this mean it marks the end of ELF’s time at KP? I’m a little sad even though we knew this was coming.

Please note that posts bringing the Duchess of Sussex's family into the discussion have been deleted. There is obviously another thread to discuss that topic. Thanks you.

Three events announced between late August and early September for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend a gala performance of @HamiltonWestEnd in support of @Sentebale on Wednesday 29th August.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend the annual #WellChildAwards on Tuesday 4th September.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend #100DaystoPeace, a gala music evening in aid of @HelpforHeroes @CombatStress @Heads_Together on Thursday 6th September.

Thank God these official engagements are coming up. I’m looking forward to it all.

Please continue the discussion about the newly announced engagements in the appropriate threads.

WellChild Awards can be discussed here
The Hamilton gala performance goes in the Sentebale thread
The 100 Days to Peace gala belongs in the Royal Foundation thread.

Posts discussing Meghan's solo engagements have been moved to her Duties, roles and responsibilities thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom