Duchess of Sussex, Current Events 1: September 2018 - February 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it interesting that this is the broken protocol story royal reporters have chosen to debunk while letting all the other royal protocol stories of Meghan's crossed legs go completely unchecked.

Royal reporting really does have to take a good long look at itself its becoming unbearable and any topic that produces more than 3 tweets on twitter instantly becomes a story (usually the negative stories)

Exactly! A lot of this stuff should be debunked very quickly by the veteran royal reporters. They shouldn’t be egging on silly stories. Be above the silly things.

I do find it interesting that this is the broken protocol story royal reporters have chosen to debunk while letting all the other royal protocol stories of Meghan's crossed legs go completely unchecked.

Royal reporting really does have to take a good long look at itself its becoming unbearable and any topic that produces more than 3 tweets on twitter instantly becomes a story (usually the negative stories)

I am not surprised whatsoever that Meghan getting a little positive attention has the royal press running to prove otherwise. I full on expected it the moment I saw how it was going a bit viral. It is just funny because if it was negative they wouldn't bother as history has proven countless times.

The whole thing is silly but their actions only highlighted it more.

In other news, Meghan's friend Daniel Martin visited her and did her makeup last night it seems. He alluded to it on his IG this morning.

Emily Andrews' s tweet about #cardoorgate went viral, she only meant it as a joke. She is a paid journalist not a comedienne. So of course what she says will go viral and anything with Meghan goes viral.

This is a nothing story and it got out of hand. This is why people think monarchy is bs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now we see why royal reporters were left in the dark about Meghan's solo project and it was announced via social media instead!

Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not. According to the UK Bestsellers book website, Megsies inspired Together cookbook sold approx 11,000 copies in its first week in the UK.

For some reason I thought it would sell more than that. Maybe I was a bit too optimistic.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this or not. According to the UK Bestsellers book website, Megsies inspired Together cookbook sold approx 11,000 copies in its first week in the UK.

For some reason I thought it would sell more than that. Maybe I was a bit too optimistic.

But apparently it's now a "thing" Axeymen, to cook up one - or several - of the recipes, and post your results on Instagram.

Try and have your copy of the book, or particular recipe page, in the background of the shot.

Have any of our fellow posters done that yet!

Don't get left out guys - Meghan followers who know nothing of TRFs are getting their Meghan fun this way.

I'm looking at Amazon.com now, and using a tracking tool I use for my own book sales, it appears about 33,000 copies have sold in the US.

I ordered a copy myself. My husband spent a couple years in Bahrain and loves this kind of food. I like supporting causes like this, and I'm happy to support the efforts of a fellow Wildcat!

I have a copy. Arrived yesterday. Lovely book. I really enjoyed the stories and how it was laid out. Glad it doing well.

I'm looking at Amazon.com now, and using a tracking tool I use for my own book sales, it appears about 33,000 copies have sold in the US.

I ordered a copy myself. My husband spent a couple years in Bahrain and loves this kind of food. I like supporting causes like this, and I'm happy to support the efforts of a fellow Wildcat!

How do you track on amazon? It’s not a surprise that they’ve reached their goal at this point. Clearly, Meghan and KP were highly effective in how to handle this.

I visited the Mideast this past March, Bahrain and Dubai, lovely places. GREAT food. My copy is arriving tomorrow due to delays in amazon delivery.

Now we see why royal reporters were left in the dark about Meghan's solo project and it was announced via social media instead!

Honestly, this is a case of lazy journalism. Obviously a good number of people knew about this for months, they never bothered to dig for information. Just expected it to be handed to them, which allowed Meghan and KP to do a highly successful social media launch. Even Bryony Gordon gave a hint to this months ahead. They just didn’t know, or didn’t expect, they need to work for stories.

It knocked JK Rowling off the best seller spot and Amazon UK has also commented that the demand has been extremely high. It’s a matter of how many books are sold, and thus ordered for first print today.

It's important to remember that this is a very preliminary stage for counting book sales. When the online, instore, and international sales are accounted for we can them get a much better picture of total sales.

It will be interesting to see the sales figures coming in for this book. I definitely think it will be a much bigger hit internationally than within the UK.

(I think that can be said for Meghan popularity as well. I find she is much more popular outside of the UK than within it. I am sure as the years pass this will change within the UK as well)

Last edited:
I received my book yesterday. The forward by the Duchess left me wanting more, and the pictures and recipes made my mouth water. There is a section for breakfast, snacks and sharing plates and dips, lunch and dinner, salads and sides, desserts and drinks. It all looks absolutely wonderful.

The holiday season is quickly approaching, and I will definitely be making some of these dishes for Thanksgiving and Christmas parties. I showed it to my mom this morning, and she also got so excited about it. She didn't know anything about it, because she is rarely online and hates watching the news, and she was so overtly excited that she is ordering her own copy as we speak.

How do you track on amazon? It’s not a surprise that they’ve reached their goal at this point. Clearly, Meghan and KP were highly effective in how to handle this.

I visited the Mideast this past March, Bahrain and Dubai, lovely places. GREAT food. My copy is arriving tomorrow due to delays in amazon delivery.

Honestly, this is a case of lazy journalism. Obviously a good number of people knew about this for months, they never bothered to dig for information. Just expected it to be handed to them, which allowed Meghan and KP to do a highly successful social media launch. Even Bryony Gordon gave a hint to this months ahead. They just didn’t know, or didn’t expect, they need to work for stories.

It knocked JK Rowling off the best seller spot and Amazon UK has also commented that the demand has been extremely high. It’s a matter of how many books are sold, and thus ordered for first print today.

I’m an author, and I use KDSpy to estimate sales.

I received my book yesterday. The forward by the Duchess left me wanting more, and the pictures and recipes made my mouth water. There is a section for breakfast, snacks and sharing plates and dips, lunch and dinner, salads and sides, desserts and drinks. It all looks absolutely wonderful.

The holiday season is quickly approaching, and I will definitely be making some of these dishes for Thanksgiving and Christmas parties. I showed it to my mom this morning, and she also got so excited about it. She didn't know anything about it, because she is rarely online and hates watching the news, and she was so overtly excited that she is ordering her own copy as we speak.

Mine is expected to arrive today!!! Silly Amazon had issues getting them out on time for some that pre-ordered.

Even though it is officially released now, it's still on pre-order timeline since they won't be available for shipping until almost mid-October if it's ordered now. This is unusual since this item is eligible for Prime shipping.

Last edited:
What is going on with this thread? I haven’t been able to open pages 21 and 22 for two days. Usually, this happens when it's being moderated, but it hasn’t corrected itself this time.

P.S.
Uh, now that I’ve posted this message it’s working fine. Does this mean I have to post every time a thread does this?

Last edited:
You’re on page 22 now. Sometimes it happens to me and I have to log out and clear cookies, then close my browser.

What is going on with this thread? I haven’t been able to open pages 21 and 22 for two days. Usually, this happens when it's being moderated, but it hasn’t corrected itself this time.

P.S.
Uh, now that I’ve posted this message it’s working fine. Does this mean I have to post every time a thread does this?

That’s happened to me a few times. And yes, that’s been the way I’ve dealt with it in the past.

BTW, speaking of Meghan's speeches. Omid and Emily Andrews said on the latest OnHeir that Meghan's speech at the Together launch was not written ahead of time, so it was an off the cuff speech. KP did not have a copy to provide them with beforehand. KP had to do what journalists do when a transcript is unavailable, which is to record it and than transcribe it to give to the RRs.

And no, they didn't know about the project before it was announced. They knew she visited Al Manaar, but thought it was just standard bereavement visits. No surprise there.

The speech did seem spontaneous at the time so not surprised by that news.

I've moved a few posts. To keep this thread on-topic, any additional discussion about recipes you've made or plan to make, can go in the 'Food and Recipes around the World' thread.

Last edited:
Is there any idea how many books have sold so far?

No official numbers have been released. Not sure if there will be any. However, a poster on here was updating us since they are an author and have access to a tracking tool on Amazon US. I believe it was 10k+ copies on Amazon US as of over a week ago. That's not counting other US outlets or any other countries it was released in.

That's great to see. I wonder when the palace will do some sort of follow up for this project?

I am hoping maybe some sort of announcement from the royal foundation or hopefully an engagement at the Hubb community kitchen itself?

Last edited:
That's great to see. I wonder when the palace will do some sort of follow up for this project?

I am hoping maybe some sort of announcement from the royal foundation or hopefully an engagement at the Hubb community kitchen itself?

I sincerely believe that this project is one that will continue on through the Royal Foundation. It is listed as a project of theirs under "Projects" on the Royal Foundation's website. If it had been an one off thing, I don't believe it would have been included. This is perhaps the first project that will be headed solely by The Duchess of Sussex as the Invictus Games are Harry's and United for Wildlife is William's and Kate has hers.

https://www.royalfoundation.com/project/together-cookbook/

Last edited:
:previous: In the Royal Library thread I started, I only pointed out the names of the recipes I'm interested in making, without sharing ingredients or directions, which is what the book is obviously for. Of course, we must purchase the book itself in order to view the recipes. ;)

Even Royal Rota hosts discussed the cookbook, and spoke about recipes they had tried, in one of their recent episodes.

Last edited:
Now you've made me hungry. :D

:previous: :lol: I always make myself hungry when I look at pictures of scrumptious-looking food. It would be a dream to have a nicely decked out modern working kitchen (not too large) with all the current gadgets and fresh mix of ingredients, preferrably from a garden or locally grown produce, and cook fun recipes all day.

And then set lovely tables and share the food with relatives and friends. :D

What I find cool about watching Chopped on Food Network is how they have to make something edibly delightful out of whatever they are given. That's the key to learning how to be a good cook: using what you have on hand and being creative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom