Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan and Miss Rajwa Khalid Alseif: June 1, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone know why Alia Al Tabba was not there? Present at the henna but not the wedding!

I thank Allah for giving me Rajwa, the light of my life and lifelong companion, and I ask Allah Almighty to surround us with reassurance, protect us with affection, and grant us good offspring, helping us to raise a good believer that is suitable for our country and our people. Thanks to everyone who shared our joy in the beloved Jordan and all our family and friends from different places, a d thank God until praise reaches its end.

- Crown Prince Hussein

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs-_EOzoChP/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Last edited:
Other than Rajwa’s family who came from Saudi, it seems that none of the Gulf state rulers or heirs were invited.

Did Rajwa’s parents curtsey to their majesties and highnesses they were greeting at the reception?

Other than Rajwa’s family who came from Saudi, it seems that none of the Gulf state rulers or heirs were invited.

Sheikha Moza represented the Emir of Qatar.

The Crown Prince of Bahrain was also there with the third in line, Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa. I believe they also mentioned Sheikh Ahmad Al Abdullah Al Sabah and Sheikha Muna Al-Klaib of Kuwait, the Crown Prince of Oman, and the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi.

Did Rajwa’s parents curtsey to their majesties and highnesses they were greeting at the reception?

I don't think so. Bowing and curtsying is a European custom, not an Arab one.

Last edited:
Thank you very much to all the posters who shared video links, information etc.

Would anyone be kind enough to explain once more exactly how Princess Rajwa's mother is related to the Saudi royal family? Does she enjoy any official rank or precedence in the Saudi royal hierarchy?

Would anyone be kind enough to explain once more exactly how Princess Rajwa's mother is related to the Saudi royal family? Does she enjoy any official rank or precedence in the Saudi royal hierarchy?

Apparently, through her mother, Rajwa is a first cousin twice removed of King Salman, the current King of Saudi Arabia, and a second cousin once removed of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.

I don't know the answer to your second question.

Last edited:
What a beautiful, wonderful wedding.:flowers:

The bride and groom were literally glowing, this is definitely a love match and I think both Abdullah and Rania wanted that for their children because they had it themselves and had known how well it works.

Beatrice is definitely a close friend of Hussein if the way he opened his arms for her is any indication.

And Sebastien is one of Hussein's Army buddies, they were in the same batch at Sandhurst, so they've known each other for a very long time and it showed in the way they greeted each other at the banquet.

I think this is also a huge show of support for the Jordan monarchy, since literally everyone from the reigning houses sent someone, and most of them were senior royals.

Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman's great-grandfather is Rajwa's great-great-grandfather

1. Ahmed bin Mohamed Al Sudairy, father of:
2. Hessa bint Ahmed Al Sudairy, mother of:
3. King Salman of Saudi Arabia, father of:
4. Crown Prince Mohamed Bin Salman of Saudi Arabia.

1. Ahmed Bin Mohamed Al Sudairy, father of:
2. Abdulaziz Bin Ahmed Al Sudairy, father of:
3. Nayef Bin Abdulaziz Al Sudairy, father of:
4. Azza bint Nayef Al Sudairy, mother of:
5. Rajwa bint Khalid Al Saif.

Despite her kinship, she is not part of the Al Saud family; neither the Al Saif family nor the Al Sudairy family have any kind of participation in the Saudi royal hierarchy.

Anybody still watching the livestream for the end of the reception? Here’s Carole, Pippa, and James (leaving?) in the background, while there is still hand-shaking and performances inside, like an hour long.

I am wondering how do the Middletons manage to get a ticket like this to the ceremony and reception when people like the Princess of Orange, Pavlos of Greece, Princess Margarita of Romania didn't.:ermm:

I am wondering how do the Middletons manage to get a ticket like this to the ceremony and reception when people like the Princess of Orange, Pavlos of Greece, Princess Margarita of Romania didn't.:ermm:

Isn't that from the reception which took place after the procession and before the Banquet? None of the foreign royals have been present for that.

That was really a Grand Wedding. Did not expect hat as the Jordanian royal Weddings have usually been smaller with less foreign royal guests (except the one from then Crown Prince Hamzah) even those of King Hussein who married as reigning monarch.
Even more so that the Wedding Dinner was a real white tie Gala which they do not even for State Banquets.

Perhaps because it was the wedding of a direct Heir? The last wedding of a direct Heir was HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg in 2012 which also featured considerable bling(at the pre wedding Gala)

In any case I absolutely love Royal events where they pull out the stops. CP Hussein's wedding has been a feast for the eyes indeed!?

I have not seen any photographs of Greek royals attending this wedding and I am surprised because King Hussein was friends with King Constantine.

If you haven't seen it yet, this video has lovely clarity for viewing the jewels and gowns during the receiving line :flowers:

Brunei is an absolute monarchy. Not a constitutional one like we see in Europe… The Crown Prince is the regent when the Sultan is abroad.
That´s not answering the question why he is always accompanied by this particular son and not by his wife (I guess he has several...)...!

Please, one photo of CP Pavlos.

I have not seen any photographs of Greek royals attending this wedding and I am surprised because King Hussein was friends with King Constantine.
Crown Prince Pavlos attended

Please, one photo of CP Pavlos.
https://cdn-0.royalwatcherblog.com/...ssl=1&ezimgfmt=rs:656x559/rscb1/ng:webp/ngcb1
https://cdn-0.royalwatcherblog.com/...ssl=1&ezimgfmt=rs:656x521/rscb1/ng:webp/ngcb1

Well, do you realise the capacity of Westminster Abbey comparing to that small room yesterday´s wedding took place...? W A is about a "100 times" bigger than that room - so, much more room for many more people, right? Beyond that, the family of the Princess of Wales is of course, closer "related" so to speak, to King Charles as it is the closest family of his daughter-in-law while all the excluded Royals you named are hardly acquainted to the jordanian bridal couple. They were invited not because of personal ties, but rather because it is the way to be done when a monarch or a future monarch gets married. CP Hussein know these people, of course, by name or has met them may be once or twice in his life, but I don´t think he has a special bond to, let´s say, the King of the Belgians, the First Lady of the US or Nancy Pelosi!

Wether she liked it or not we don´t know - but it is definitely not her style!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is interesting that a wedding in Jordan had more bling than royal weddings in the United Kingdom (not to mention the Coronation).
Not surprising. Royal families in Europe are focused on looking smart and sensible to people's problems and attitudes, which is a pity of course but it is a mean of survival. Some countries instead do not care about consensus.

The Middletons did not attend the ceremony, only a reception to which none of the royals took part. My guess is Mr Matthews has financial ties with either the bride or the groom family and the Middletons themselves may have some business we don't know in Jordan where they spent a few years in the 80s.

Sheikha Moza represented the Emir of Qatar.

The Crown Prince of Bahrain was also there with the third in line, Sheikh Nasser bin Hamad Al Khalifa. I believe they also mentioned Sheikh Ahmad Al Abdullah Al Sabah and Sheikha Muna Al-Klaib of Kuwait, the Crown Prince of Oman, and the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi.

I don't think so. Bowing and curtsying is a European custom, not an Arab one.
Aside from Sheikha Moza, the Omani CP, and the Kuwaitis and Bahraini’s, I didn’t actually notice the UAE CP, I just thought that there would more representation from the Gulf neighbours but the attendance was good

The Middletons did not attend the ceremony, only a reception to which none of the royals took part. My guess is Mr Matthews has financial ties with either the bride or the groom family and the Middletons themselves may have some business we don't know in Jordan where they spent a few years in the 80s.
Kate’s parents worked in Jordan for some years and probably met King Hussein via his pilot job and probably met the family a few times. I don’t think the Matthews family have any ties to the Jordanians because I don’t recall Pippa’s husband being there.

They seem to be developing a social friendship at least.
I don’t think there’s a developing friendship, they’re just speaking because they’re already familiar with them as they met a few times on a number of occasions.

That´s not answering the question why he is always accompanied by this particular son and not by his wife (I guess he has several...)...!
Well, his son the CP is regent when he is going abroad so they operate differently compared other monarchies. Maybe his wife chose not to attend. FYI, has attended events with his wife instead of Mateen for example, at William and Kate’s pre-wedding dinner hosted by the Queen he went with his wife not one of his sons.

Not surprising. Royal families in Europe are focused on looking smart and sensible to people's problems and attitudes, which is a pity of course but it is a mean of survival. Some countries instead do not care about consensus.

European monarchies love bling and bling events. Particularly the Scandinavians (Norway, Denmark, Sweden) even as they are very approachable and close to their people.

It's the Brits who are focused on smart and sensible.

I don’t think there’s a developing friendship, they’re just speaking because they’re already familiar with them as they met a few times on a number of occasions.

Yeah, exactly. Most probably just mindless chitchat between distant colleagues of the same trade.

It's just as likely they are as they aren't. None of us knows and can only infer from video and photos. And I'd say it could go either way.

European monarchies love bling and bling events. Particularly the Scandinavians (Norway, Denmark, Sweden) even as they are very approachable and close to their people.

It's the Brits who are focused on smart and sensible.

I'm ready for someone in the British royal family to take up Queen Mary's mantle! Wear all the jewels at once. :)

Pavlos isn’t really close to them and his ties are more to Queen Noor.

Back
Top Bottom