Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan and Miss Rajwa Khalid Alseif: June 1, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lovely wedding! But I agree with others about Rajwa's wedding gowns. I thought her Henna dress was far prettier than today's gowns.

Have some of you seen Queen Jetsun Pema at the reception? I wonder if she'll use a tiara ou her usual headbands.

Rajwa's wedding gown was signed by Elie Saab!!

Crown Prince Hussein wore the Sash of the Order of Independence instead of the Order of Supreme Renaissance

I am hoping for the group photos!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to see how many "notables" bu not official state representatives were there - the Pelosi's, former UK PM David Cameron and his wife, the Middletons etc.

OMG English!!! This translator is translating everything! LOL It seems like all the channels, including the JRF YouTube, are showing the same feed.

Talking about that I wonder what language all these royals from all over the world use when they are chatting with each other at weddings and receptions at various locations. English I suppose and they can all speak it.

Wonderful display of tiaras and dresses ! Lovely to see !

Amalia has previously been to a foreign royal wedding: she was a flower girl at her godmother crown princess Victoria's wedding.

As a guest it was definitely a first for her as well, I wouldn't count Victoria's wedding as she was a child and did not take part to the gala.

Talking about that I wonder what language all these royals from all over the world use when they are chatting with each other at weddings and receptions at various locations. English I suppose and they can all speak it.
English is the to go language usually but they can chat in different languages among smaller groups. Maxima can use Spanish with the Spaniards of course, the Danes/Swedes/Norwegians can more or less understand each other in their own languages, whereas Belgians and the Dutch speak with eachother in Dutch and Flemish which are almost identical. Some royals also speak French and German.

Sorry ... but that gown tonight was just way too much. She looked like the top of a wedding cake.JMHO

I liked both dresses, but her Henna dress was so much better.

Also, no Princess Haya?

Last edited:
(...)
---

So, who's the next Heir supposed to get married? If we go by age, it should be Joseph-Wenzel, but Leichestein weddings are private affair, so, who would be next one? Elisabeth? That's 8-10 years into the future. I can't cope. :sad:

If you mean big royal gathering/tiara event, I think the next one will be Hakkon innaguration which sadly might happen in less than a decade.

Last edited:
How do they get their hair done? By hotel stylists.?

Are the western guests served alcohol?

Impressive wedding.
Did any one spot a photo of Princess Miriam Ungria/al Ghazi at the evening reception ? I saw her at the ceremony; I assume she attended the reception as well but did not see her in the photos or videos.

Last edited:
Sorry ... but that gown tonight was just way too much. She looked like the top of a wedding cake.JMHO

I caught my first full look at her evening Gala gown paired with opera gloves. It certainly was....decorative..one might say. A different look altogether from her sleek bridal dress The princess managed to look radiant however, despite fussy ballgown covered in 3D rosettes.:whistling:

Her wedding dress was lovely but I prefer the one worn by her sister-in-law Princess Iman a few months ago, which was a stunning Dior creation.

Princess Catherine's dress today was so gorgeous! She looked like a goddess.

:previous: Both the Princess of Wales and Princess Beatrice looked unbelievably stunning at both events.

Together with their husband's, they did the Crown proud.;)

If you mean big royal gathering/tiara event, I think the next one will be Hakkon innaguration which sadly might happen in less than a decade.

There will be no tiara Event and no foreign royals. At the blessing Ceremony of his parents there where no foreign royals and no tiaras. Also not for the Queen.

The next big tiara event will possibly be the gala banquet for King Carl Gustav of Sweden for his 50th jubilee. After that, the gala banquet for Prince Christian of Denmark's 18th birthday will likely be held. Those happen in September and October, respectively.

That was really a Grand Wedding. Did not expect hat as the Jordanian royal Weddings have usually been smaller with less foreign royal guests (except the one from then Crown Prince Hamzah) even those of King Hussein who married as reigning monarch.
Even more so that the Wedding Dinner was a real white tie Gala which they do not even for State Banquets.

Loved seeing King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia representing Spain. Reminded me of better, regal days.

---

So, who's the next Heir supposed to get married? If we go by age, it should be Joseph-Wenzel, but Leichestein weddings are private affair, so, who would be next one? Elisabeth? That's 8-10 years into the future. I can't cope. :sad:

It may be also Moulay Hasan of Morocco (who has just turned 20).

The next big tiara event will possibly be the gala banquet for King Carl Gustav of Sweden for his 50th jubilee. After that, the gala banquet for Prince Christian of Denmark's 18th birthday will likely be held. Those happen in September and October, respectively.

I don't think they'll invite members of, say, Malaysia Royal Family or Japanese Imperial Family to both galas. However, most likely non-European RFs will be in attendance at King Harald's funeral with the potential tiara event to celebrate Haakon's accession (if they have one).

Back to the wedding, finger crossed the RHCJO's sosial media (or maybe Queen Rania's) will post video/reels from the reception/banquet.

Last edited:
That was really a Grand Wedding. Did not expect hat as the Jordanian royal Weddings have usually been smaller with less foreign royal guests (except the one from then Crown Prince Hamzah) even those of King Hussein who married as reigning monarch.
Even more so that the Wedding Dinner was a real white tie Gala which they do not even for State Banquets.

It is interesting that a wedding in Jordan had more bling than royal weddings in the United Kingdom (not to mention the Coronation).

3 witnesses needed:flowers:

Islamic marriage contracts require only two witnesses, who were the King and Prince Hassan. The third is the father of the bride, as his approval is necessary to complete the marriage according to Islamic law.

Never thought Hussein and Rajwa would have such a grand wedding like the European royals.

The king and Queen look emotional and they were about to break down in tears.

Rajwa looks pretty and her hairstyle and makeup reminds be of Kate's wedding look.

Ellie Sab never fails to impress us. I love Rajwa's wedding dress and it suits her perfectly but I don't like her 2nd wedding dress especially when she wore that white gloves, that look doesn't suit her.

Rajwa looks pretty but she looks older than Hussein and even Rania.

It's weird she wasn't given the title of CP because she is likely going to be the next Queen consort.

Rania looks a bit exhausted and stressed during the procession.

Good to see Iman and Salma in tiara. Iman looks more prettier in both the dress, looks like Salma is wearing the same tiara Rania wore during Victoria and Daniel's wedding.

Many were hoping Will and Kate to attend and I am glad they were able to attend. This is their first time attending a foreign royal wedding and hope they become default representative of foreign royal weddings during the reign of Charles like how Edward and Sophie were when Queen was alive. I love the friendship between William and Hussein, I can see William inviting Hussein to George's wedding and that will likely happen within 20 years.

Another surprising and unexpected one was Beatrice and Edo, which no one saw that coming. I am glad we got to see Beatrice in tiara again but her 2nd hairstyle doesn't suit her, and she looks beautiful in navy blue dress.

It was good too see Elisabeth attending and hopefully we get to see her and Catharina-Amalia attending more royal weddings. I am a bit disappointed Catharina-Amalia couldn't make it to ceremony but at least we get to see her in banquet.

No one from Monaco and Saudi were invited but at least Pavlos was invited for banquet.

Kate, Beatrice, Mary, Iman, Maxima and Elisabeth were
the ones who dressed beautifully.

Wishing Rajwa and Hussein a long happy wedded life. Rajwa reminds me of Kate and Lalla Salma

I wish we could have got Felipe and Letizia instead of Juan Carlos and Sophia.

Moulay Hassan we would have to wait another decade around 6 to 10 years to get married, same goes to Elisabeth, Catharina-Amalia, Ingrid and Leonore.

George and Christine of Denmark would have to wait for another 18-20 years to get married. When that happens Britan will go crazy.

As for King Carl Gustav 50th jubilee we will likely see monarchs not heir to the thrones except for Sweden, Norway, and Netherlands, same goes for Christine's 18th birthday gala but we might get to see Elisabeth, Ingrid and Catharina-Amalia in tiara again

George and Christine of Denmark would have to wait for another 18-20 years to get married. When that happens Britan will go crazy.

As for King Carl Gustav 50th jubilee we will likely see monarchs not heir to the thrones except for Sweden, Norway, and Netherlands, same goes for Christine's 18th birthday gala but we might get to see Elisabeth, Ingrid and Catharina-Amalia in tiara again

Who is Christine of Denmark?:eek:

Back
Top Bottom