Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan and Miss Rajwa Khalid Alseif: June 1, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will the reception tonight also be broadcasted?

Wow, that's quite the parade. They're going quite fast and I'm worried for Rajwa's veil.

Last edited:
Wow, that's quite the parade. They're going quite fast and I'm worried for Rajwa's veil.
They are going really fast. Poor people who went to see them, only a few seconds and so fast, people hardly see them.

I thought Rajwa looked lovely. I love the neckline of her gown, and that train was to die for.

I'm in love with Sheikha Moza's outfit. It's vintage Valentino from 1989. :wub::wub:

This is how the parade should have been from the beginning: with the Cavalry by their side!

Oh God, some people got a little bit too close to them.

My thoughts:

8. Lastly, is it ever revealed just how much of a dowry is paid?

I watched the live streaming with an English translator/commentator. On the marriage contracts said by Rajwa's father and Hussein, they didn't say how much the dowry is. It's just "the dowry we agreed on".

Dowry/mahr in Islam is a wedding gift from the husband to his wife (not the other way around). And it can be anything.

If the wife wants to give something to her husband, it's ok. But it's not considered as dowry.

The million dollar question now is: will Beatrice wear a tiara and which?

Do we know what time the reception starts?

This live stream shows that they haven't changed clothes.

Beatrice has gone without a tiara when others did (The Commonwealth Gala in London several years ago) but maybe she didn’t think it appropriate since she’s not a working Royal like the rest who did wear them. Or maybe she was waiting until her wedding to start wearing tiaras. Who knows?

I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t but I would love for her to! Especially when I was just lamenting we’ll likely never see Beatrice and Eugenie in tiaras again with the slim downed coronations.

Beatrice has gone without a tiara when others did (The Commonwealth Gala in London several years ago) but maybe she didn’t think it appropriate since she’s not a working Royal like the rest who did wear them. Or maybe she was waiting until her wedding to start wearing tiaras. Who knows?

I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t but I would love for her to! Especially when I was just lamenting we’ll likely never see Beatrice and Eugenie in tiaras again with the slim downed coronations.

I dont think that commonwealth event was a tiara event. I recall it being a reception as well, not a gala.

I need the cameras to focus on W-A because I bet he can't resist the rhythm! :lol:

I haven't gotten a clear look at the new Crown Princess's full gown, however I dislike the way there is a little space between her veil placement and her tiara.

A small quibble for what is undoubtedly going to be a great overall bridal look.

You can't go wrong with Saab(usually ;))

I dont think that commonwealth event was a tiara event. I recall it being a reception as well, not a gala.

I’m thinking of the 2018 event. The late Queen wore the GGBI tiara and the Greville Ruby necklace and the other working royals were all in tiaras as well.

Getty Images (Patrick van Katwijk) have photos of some royals leaving their hotel before the wedding ceremony. Sweden, Netherlands, Belgians, Bhutan. Don’t know which hotel, are only some staying in the same place?

The Wales were photographed at the St. Regis in Amman. It is reasonable to think many royals are staying there.

I thought Rajwa looked lovely. I love the neckline of her gown, and that train was to die for.

I'm in love with Sheikha Moza's outfit. It's vintage Valentino from 1989. :wub::wub:

Wow. I didn't like the neckline and the shoulders looked padded. It shows how we all differ.

I like the structural look of the bride's gown, however I don't think the train complemented it at all. The gown was very contemporary, while the train was very traditional in design. JMHO

Back
Top Bottom