Crown Prince Hussein of Jordan and Miss Rajwa Khalid Alseif: June 1, 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the Greek royal family perhaps Pavlos and Marie-Chantal. From Bulgaria I believe that Princes Boris and Beltran, sons of Miriam Ungría, are present.
Are we sure that they will come? They are closer to Queen Noor and some of the extended family, but not specifically the main branch of the family.

From the Greek royal family perhaps Pavlos and Marie-Chantal. From Bulgaria I believe that Princes Boris and Beltran, sons of Miriam Ungría, are present.

The key is to not expect anything in terms of attendance from the BRF because their weird superiority complex will always win. I mean, William couldn't even be bothered to show for his own godfather's funeral. What gives.

The key is to not expect anything in terms of attendance from the BRF because their weird superiority complex will always win. I mean, William couldn't even be bothered to show for his own godfather's funeral. What gives.
Where is this idea that they have a superiority complex?

The full Henna Party video. It was reported that Rajwa`s earrings are designed by her maternal Aunt Princess Afraa Alsudairy (Married to Saudi Prince Nawaf Bin Mishal bin Saud Al Saud)

Last edited:
It's thought that William and Catherine might go, but it hasn't been confirmed. I hope they do. It won't look very nice if no member of the British Royal Family attends.
I would imagine that for political reasons in the region, the government will request that someone from the family go to this wedding - the Crown Prince in a democracy/constitutional monarchy friendly to the West. I don’t think it will be a family decision about IF someone goes; perhaps who goes may be a family decision. My guess would be Sophie and Edward as they’ve represented the family at a number of weddings but it would be a stronger political statement if William and Catherine go or even Charles and Camilla! I will be very,very surprised if no one from the BRF goes.:flowers:

Well, the Jordans have participated in both the State Funeral and the Coronation. I would be very disappointed if no member of the BRF showed up.

The Express said that the Prince and Princess of Wales might attend, but that would be a big deal if it came to pass.

That the British RF extremly rarely reciprocates on the same level as other royal families (by sending the monarch and/or the heir) is no news…

The Duke of York represented at the wedding of the then Crown Prince Hamzah in 2003… Though that certainly won’t be the case this time…

My guess is that The Prince of Wales or The Duke of Edinburgh will be requested to attend

Oh, and let's remember when they sent... *checks notes* the British ambassador to Queen Fabiola's funeral. The Saxe-Coburgs snobbing their own Saxe-Coburgs cousins was something to behold. :shock:

William and Catherine should attend and I think that, precisely because they will, no announcement has been made yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if Edward and Sophie go instead, they're the family's representatives to most royal weddings, and everyone seems to love them wherever they go, rightly so.

I don't expect the Greeks to attend. Princess Raiyah and her mother were the ones to represent the family at the late King's funeral, so, as other poster noted, I don't think the Greeks are close to the main branch. But who knows...

That the British RF extremly rarely reciprocates on the same level as other royal families (by sending the monarch and/or the heir) is no news…

The Duke of York represented at the wedding of the then Crown Prince Hamzah in 2003… Though that certainly won’t be the case this time…

My guess is that The Prince of Wales or The Duke of Edinburgh will be requested to attend

If the monarch wasn’t going to go, the monarch won’t go unless the government forced them to out of necessity. Plus I’m sure there were invites to specific individuals at times, and times when they just simply weren’t invited. Also for the most time since Queen Victoria, the monarch rarely went to weddings outside of the U.K bar some notable exceptions like George V and Queen Mary at the wedding of the Kaiser’s daughter, most of the invited guests sent to represent the BRF at weddings were junior members so it’s nothing new. Also the now King Charles III when he was POW went to many weddings. The wedding of Hussein and Rajwa will continue regardless if no one from the BRF may or may not go.

Last edited:
It's thought that William and Catherine might go, but it hasn't been confirmed. I hope they do. It won't look very nice if no member of the British Royal Family attends.

It didn't look nice when there was no BRF representation
at the funerals of King Constantine's and Queen Fabiola. In fact I thought it was downright boorish.

No, I won't be a bit surprised if there is no representation at the wedding of the Heir to the Jordanian throne.:cool:

Last edited:

I say you'd have to put on fairly ginormous blinders to deny that the BRF very rarely bothers to match the general precedence of attendants – that is, if they can even be bothered to send a representative at all.

Imagine the outrage if QMII had ditched QEII's funeral and sent Princess Benedikte and... Feodora of Rosenborg in her place ?

It didn't look nice when there was no BRF representation
at the funerals of King Constantine's and Queen Fabiola. In fact I thought it was downright boorish.

No, I won't be a bit surprised if there is no representation at the wedding of the Heir to the Jordanian throne.:cool:

Actually the Princess Royal and Vice-Admiral Timothy Lawrence did attend the funeral of King Constantine of the Hellenes: https://64.media.tumblr.com/5ab2aa4.../10166069b1a7047ba077d697f67fbe53a7b8ed00.jpg

At the funeral of Queen Fabiola indeed not one member of the British royal family was present. The British Ambassador in Brussses took the honneurs for Queen Elizabeth II.

Last edited:
Let's see this Thursday...

:previous: You are quite right Duc...I didn't realize my gaffe until a minute ago.

Much thanks;)

Actually the Princess Royal and Vice-Admiral Timothy Lawrence did attend the funeral of King Constantine of the Hellenes: https://64.media.tumblr.com/5ab2aa4.../10166069b1a7047ba077d697f67fbe53a7b8ed00.jpg

At the funeral of Queen Fabiola indeed not one member of the British royal family was present. The British Ambassador in Brussses took the honneurs for Queen Elizabeth II.

Queen Fabiola's funeral was an exception though.

As Prince of Wales, Prince Charles attended the weddings of the Crown Prince of Norway, the Duke of Brabant, the Prince of Orange, and the Prince of Asturias. The Earl and Countess of Wessex were present in turn at the weddings of the Crown Prince of Denmark and of the Crown Princess of Sweden. Prince Charles also attended the funerals of Prince Claus of the Netherlands and of King Michael of Romania, and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, was at the funerals of both Queen Juliana and Prince Bernhard. And Queen Elizabeth II herself attended the funeral of King Baudouin.

I hope the new Prince and Princess of Wales will be at the crown princely wedding in Jordan. I think that is likely as King Charles III seems to be keen on strengthening the ties between the British Royal Family and other royal houses.

I say you'd have to put on fairly ginormous blinders to deny that the BRF very rarely bothers to match the general precedence of attendants – that is, if they can even be bothered to send a representative at all.

Imagine the outrage if QMII had ditched QEII's funeral and sent Princess Benedikte and... Feodora of Rosenborg in her place ?
Most Britons would not be bothered because most of them don’t know her. Other than people who are interested in royal families or on this forum, there wouldn’t be outrage. The wedding of Hussein and Rajwa isn’t going be missing out on anything if no one from the BRF came, but I think it will be Sophie and Edward who will go. And I don’t have “fairly ginormous blinders on”, I just don’t think other royals care as much as people on these forums do.

Will we see (Prince) Hamzah at the wedding? Abdullah may force him, so as to acknowledge and "show respect " to the Crown Prince. :ermm:

Will we see (Prince) Hamzah at the wedding? Abdullah may force him, so as to acknowledge and "show respect " to the Crown Prince. :ermm:
I don’t think so. There’s already been enough tension and humiliation for Hamzah since losing his position as CP, so there will be no need for him to be there.

I'm hoping we will see William and Catherine at the wedding. There is reportedly good relations between William and Hussein and just recently the Wales family were there on vacation.

Queen Rania is on British TV at any given opportunity praising the British Royal Family and her own. It will be utterly embarrassing for Queen Rania especially if neither the King nor the Prince of Wales attended.

I don’t think so. There’s already been enough tension and humiliation for Hamzah since losing his position as CP, so there will be no need for him to be there.

But Prince Hashim bin Hussein was present at Princess Iman bint Abdullah's wedding.wasn't he?

But Prince Hashim bin Hussein was present at Princess Iman bint Abdullah's wedding.wasn't he?

And his wife HRH Princess Fahdah was present at the Henna party for Rajwah

Princess Raiyah and her husband Ned were also present at Princess Iman's wedding... Tick tock tick tock.

:previous:

Hashem attended Iman's wedding. Fahdah’s mother & sisters were also present with her at the henna.

This might be a silly question, but will Rajwa automatically be Crown Princess when they marry, or will she be simply Princess Rajwa until the King decrees her Crown Princess?

I remember that Queen Rania was Crown Princess at the time of King Abdullah's ascension and was for a few months before the King decreed her to be Queen

I would love to see The Prince and Princess of Wales attending the wedding but I’ll be equally as happy to see Edward and Sophie go too.

The Queen obviously had her reasons for choosing Edward and Sophie as the royal wedding representatives for the last 20 years. I imagine a lot of it had to do with the fact that they were closer in age to the other wedding guests and were in similar life stages eg young children the same age as the others. William was much younger than all the other guests at the time and perhaps the Queen felt he could be out of place amongst all the other guests. I guess we will never know.

Charles did attend some of the weddings during rhe 00’s, although Edward and Sophie were also present for most of those weddings too. Maybe it was also simply because Edward and Sophie had then become friends with a lot of the foreign royals merely due to having been at all the previous weddings.

A free concert's been held as part of the pre-wedding festivities.

I would like to put it on record that I have been told that Royal Guests will be wearing Tiaras at some point during the Wedding Festivities for the Crown Prince of Jordan!

Back
Top Bottom