Charles III and Queen Camilla, Current Events Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a little more on the designs for the statue of the late queen at York Minster

It doesn't even look like her :sad: The eyes, the fullness on her cheekbones and so on gives the impression the model was a taller, intimidating and very robust person, not the adorable petit grandmother we all came to know. I mean, her pictures are right behind him, and he still missed it.

Just found out about the flying eggs attack and watching it on the other screen. I'm really getting tired of these attention seekers that are from lives so detached to what they complain about is ridiculous. And that includes those gluing themselves to museum artworks.

I noticed Charles reaction was to get Camilla behind him as a gentleman, while the idiot who threw the eggs, Patrick Thelwell, an "Extinction Rebellion activist" and president of the Gardening Society at the University of York, was photographed sticking is tongue out like a spoiled child acting up.

From his about him page he strikes me a bit delusional and, like many persons I met in my work life, able to justify his support for good causes as long as his opinion, and only his, is the one that matters. I get his point but not the use of violence using eggs, or any other object toward other people.

Last edited:
Just found out about the flying eggs attack and watching it on the other screen. I'm really getting tired of these attention seekers that are from lives so detached to what they complain about is ridiculous. And that includes those gluing themselves to museum artworks.

I noticed Charles reaction was to get Camilla behind him as a gentleman, while the idiot who threw the eggs, Patrick Thelwell, an "Extinction Rebellion activist" and president of the Gardening Society at the University of York, was photographed sticking is tongue out like a spoiled child acting up.

From his about him page he strikes me a bit delusional and, like many persons I met in my work life, able to justify his support for good causes as long as his opinion, and only his, is the one that matters. I get his point but not the use of violence using eggs, or any other object toward other people.

It really is just extremely stupid. Imagine being a supposed environmental activist and choosing Charles as your target. Guarantee this kid is entirely ignorant of the King’s contribution to environmentalism and sustainability.

It really is just extremely stupid. Imagine being a supposed environmental activist and choosing Charles as your target. Guarantee this kid is entirely ignorant of the King’s contribution to environmentalism and sustainability.

He is like some people I met at work in my last two years, entitled from a privileged background. And yet, wanting attention at all times claiming only their outrage counts if they express it with acts of violence. Like throwing anything at a public figure as if that person was the sole cause of their problems.

Another video from the Royal Couple today

Ryan Reynolds? As in Ryan Reynolds the film star! In Wrexham of all places. Sorry Wrexham, no offence meant.:lol:

Everybody looks very happy. Congratulations to Wrexham on becoming a city.;)

Last edited:
Ryan Reynolds? As in Ryan Reynolds the film star! In Wrexham of all places. Sorry Wrexham, no offence meant.:lol:

Everybody looks very happy. Congratulations to Wrexham on becoming a city.;)

He Has bought into the football team.

King Charles and Queen Camilla met two survivors of the Holocaust, and representatives of the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust at Buckingham Palace today, January 27:

Here's a video from the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust

King Charles and Queen Camilla visited the British Bangladeshi community in London today, February 8:

** rex gallery **

King Charles and Queen Camilla visited the British Bangladeshi community in London today, February 8:

** rex gallery **

These trips, focussed on a specific geographic area or community are great. Always seems to bring the local community together.

These trips, focussed on a specific geographic area or community are great. Always seems to bring the local community together.

And reaching out to communities and regions ahead of the Coronation too!

Video from the Royal Couple today

Last edited:
HM seems to be very well and in high spirits. So nice to see her back !

I'm hoping the children's chorus drowned out all those dreadful "not my king" protestors ;)

I would not be surprised if there might at some point be some ugly scenes if people insist on heckling The King. People might start losing their cool with their unnecessary rudeness. I for one wouldn't put up with it & would give them a piece of my mind. If they choose to heckle & be confrontational then loyal people who have turned out to see The King can give as good as the republicans. You can't constantly provoke & not expect a reaction.

Republicans will not persuade anyone with these sort of antics. The King is the wrong target. If people want a republic they need to persuade not abuse.

It's systematic of a general coarsening of public life.

Well we can't have a go a free speech so bigger picture, I'm glad people are able to turn up and make themselves look silly having a shouting match with school children. The protests are getting boring now and I do worry they'll turn nasty one day - it also increases the cost of security for such events - which then gives the protestors something more to protest about.

Well we can't have a go a free speech so bigger picture, I'm glad people are able to turn up and make themselves look silly having a shouting match with school children. The protests are getting boring now and I do worry they'll turn nasty one day - it also increases the cost of security for such events - which then gives the protestors something more to protest about.

They're free to boo & heckle & others are free to boo & heckle them. So everyone's enjoying their free speech.;)

Back
Top Bottom