Archduchess Marie Christine of Austria and Count Rodolphe of Limburg-Stirum, 6 Dec 08

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with some other posters. I thought the mother of the bride was seriously underdressed for such a joyous and festive occasion. A brown business suit? Faux pas!

And, what was Princess Astrid and her daughter Maria Laura thinking? Was Astrid wearing a silver lame rain coat? That short fur jacket was way too matronly for Maria Laura. It looks like something borrowed from Queen Fabiola's wardrobe.

There was nothing about dress-code on wedding invitations?

MariaLaura looks strange whe we comparing her with other female gueast (Liechtenstein and Luxembiourg's girls).

Beautiful pics from the wedding, thank you all so much!!

Princess' Marie-Astrid's outfit

Very strange??
I could not believe my eyes...and thought at first that I made a mistake, but I think it is strange that being the closest relative to the bride HR&IH The Archduchess Marie Astrid as mother of the bride did not make any effort for her outfit. Being the most important female person after the bride..she had not made a new couture outfit for the weddingceremony of her eldest daughter and choose to wear the brown & white colared suit which she used before on the weddingday of her her Belgian cousin HRH Prince Laurent april 2003. In Mechelen only the hat was new??!! Quirinus X. Heim

She looks elegant but not very special indeed. But she is always rather discreetly dressed. But I cannot not believe she did not buy a brandnew outfit?? I have been looking everywhere to find a picture of Marie-Astrid at Laurent & Claire's wedding but without success so far. Could anyone find and post? Thank you.

HRIH Marie- Astrid , the mother of Marie-Christine , did not need E. Vermeulen's dresses. Like all the Habsbourg she has her name (wedding of Karl and Franciska : just remember the diffence of the imperial look of Archiduke Otto and Baron of Thyssen' s..).
In the forums they are more pictures of Astrid of Belgium and her daughter who did not look as Princesses..than pictures of Marie Astrid of Habsbourg, her sister Margaretha and her daughter Marie-Annuniata von und zu Liechtenstein
I saw a picture of Charlotte of Luxembourg, she looked like her great-grandmother who wore the same surname.

Thanks for all the great pictures!

Marie Christine is gorgeous in her wedding dress :wub:

I don't like the outfit of her mother Marie Astrid nor do I like Princess Alexandra of Luxembourg's outfit either. :ermm:

Too bad there isn't a bigger picture of Princess Maria Anunciata von und zu Liechtenstein. I like her alot and the recent pics of her are so rare.

There was nothing about dress-code on wedding invitations?

MariaLaura looks strange whe we comparing her with other female gueast (Liechtenstein and Luxembiourg's girls).

where have you seen the Liechtenstein girls? I couldn't find them

BTW IMO Maria Laura looked just very cool and fashionable as always in latest years , while princess Astrid dared too much and her outfit was bad (I liked that kind of hat BTW, but it had to be worn with some simpler outfit)

Why princes Lorenz, Amedeo and Joaquim weren't there, they are cousins of the birde two times! And the others Habsburgs?

Whom does MC looked at before saying "yes"? her parents? the head of the imperial family?

Maria Astrid with her "recycled" outfit (if it was so) showed to be very "stilish" and "royal", well-done!

I didn't like the outfits of Alexandra of Luxembourg and Tessy of Nassau, who can prefer them to lovely Maria Laura??

It would be intresting seeing pics of the Brazils and of the Lignes

I mean Maria Anunciata von und zu Liechtenstein[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

The outfit (what little can be seen of it) is indeed somewhat strange for the occasssion - I think it appears a bit too casual. However, she's such a pretty lady she can easily carry it of. Would love to see a clear, full-body picture of her though! I think almost all the female guests are dressed rather strangely, to be honest.

Prince Felix + pink tie. :lol:

For certain no one outshone the bride! She's so very beautiful. :wub: I agree with most commenters here on her gown (cuff too big, jacket too shiny, slightly higher tiara would have been nicer). Still beautiful though!

*sigh* wish I could look that beautiful at MY wedding!

And in the avalanche of praise for the bride, it should be mentioned that the groom looked very handsome too.

The bride is beautiful and looked stunning, as did her little sister Gabriella. I'm disappointed at not seeing the bride's grandfather, Grand Duke Jean. I can't seem to locate him in any of the photographs. Can someone help me?:wub:
According to posters on another board who where in Mechelen he was there but only at the religious Wedding, but he entered and left the Church through an side entrance. The official pictures where taken in the Town Hall before or after the civil Wedding and therefore he ist not on them.

I just saw on "Noblesse et Royautés" pictures of the Grand Duke Jean. He was not at the City Hall where the group pictures were taken , but at the Church he was on the first row between his daughter Marie Astrid and the Archiduchesse Charles Louis de Habsburg , born Princess Yolande de Ligne, the other grand Mother of Marie Christine.

Altough I am speaking French, I prefer 1000 x your Forum . They wrote about this wedding : "are we assisting to a Wedding or to Funerals" because on the pictures some RHH were perhaps sleeping or dreaming a little bit !

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot imagine how amazingly beautiful this couple's children are going to be.

All the best to the newlywed:flowers:

Countess Marie-Christine is abeautiful lady but I suppose that her sister Archduchess Gabriella will be prettier than she.

Princess Alix de Ligne, née Princess of Luxembourg

Prince Robert of Luxembourg
Prince Michel & Princess Leonor de Ligne, née Princess of Orléans-Bragança, Princess of Brazil
Princess Alix de Ligne, their daughter
Prince Henri de Ligne, their son

Prince Wauthier & Princess Régine de Ligne, née Countess de Renesse
Prince Philippe & Princess Laetitia de Ligne, née de Rolin, their son
Princess Mélanie de Ligne, daughter of Prince Wauthier
Barones Elisabeth Gillès de Pélichy, née Princess de Ligne, daughter of Prince Wauthier, witness ; most likely also her husband was present
Prince Pedro Luiz of Orléans-Bragança, Prince of Brazil, son of Princess Christine de Ligne
Prince Lamoral & Princess Jacqueline de Ligne, née Countess de Lannoy

The Benelux Royals Message Board: Guestlist

Does anyone know why Laurent and Claire did not attend? I believe that they were mentioned in the expected guest list before the wedding.

Lovely couple, lovely pictures. Does anyone know if there's a photo of the two of them actually kissing? All the pictures seem to be of Rodolphe kissing MC's cheek or something.

Nice photos, the bride looks like a very sweet and genuine person. Best wishes to them!:flowers:

I don't think that I have ever seen a royal wedding with such poorly dressed guests!
Astrid and Maria Laura looked awful - Maria Laura's dress was way too short - the fur jacket was too small and the sleeves were too short
Sibilla of Luxembourg wore a really ugly bright red or pink coat which clashed with her hat -
Marie Therese of Luxembourg was dressed too casually - I just didn't get the black straps on the top of her dress -
Katherine of Yugoslavia looked like she was ready to set sail in her billowing get-up
I really like Marie Astrid but her "business" suit was not very festive for the wedding of her daughter
I wish that the bride had worn a stand-up type of tiara - her tiara was lost in her blond hair and veil - and let's face it, the bride could have worn a potato sack and still looked gorgeous - she has such a luminous beauty and smile.
The women were all dressed oddly - not at all how I expected the them to dress.

Maybe it is just me but I think MC looks a lot like Maria Gabriella of Savoy, her third cousin

I loved the dress of the bride, it looked really regal.
Yves Dooms also made the dress Mathilde wore on her engagement ball and that was very beautiful too IMO.

Of the bridal guests I liked the mother of the groom's outfit the most. Maria Laura looked good, but I think she froze her butt off in the cathedral :)

The bride and her younger sister look a lot like their mother.

Are there any photos of Rodolphe´s sister and brothers? And one where MC kisses Rodolphe (and not other way round...)?

Wier... why Grand Duke Jean did not appear in the family photo??

Beautiful wedding photos! There is something so elegant about a winter wedding. The couple looked fantastic, so young and happy.

Back
Top Bottom