2005 National Day / Enthronement ceremonies

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
More from deadline

fvkyn7.jpg

fvkyo5.jpg

fvkyrk.jpg

fvkys5.jpg

fvkyt4.jpg

fvkyti.jpg

More images of the royal guests

from getty

Attachments

• 56237419.jpg
    56237419.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 306
  • 56237443.jpg
    56237443.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 233
  • 56237458.jpg
    56237458.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 265
  • 56237519.jpg
    56237519.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 337
  • 56237564.jpg
    56237564.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 251
Yeah a pic of Alexandra!!!!!

newscom

fvl568.jpg

fvl5as.jpg

Thanks everyone for the winderful pics!!!!

Steph looks so fantastically beautiful. Caro looks like as if she had suddenly grown older. Perhaps that because she was deeply moved. I had never seen her cry before.

Just my 2 cents. I think Charlotte looked like little Bo Peep in her dress(I kept looking for te sheep, but then got distracted by the exploded bird on one of the ladies hats;) ) and Caroline looked like she had tried to rescussitate Jacky O (she should get a new hairdresser cause hair looked all drab). And Stephanie was today a stunning dresser and also her whole composure througout the service was very dignified. On a lot of previous occasions she looked completely bored, but today she outdid her whole family. I don't remember having ever seen her like that on a public occasion.

The atmosphere within the church was dreadful. It resembled a funeral rather then an inthronisation. The family looked most of the time like they just had a row or sth. Glum was the expression a friend used. The only moments that stuck out were, when Caroline tugged on Stephanies sleeve to give her the sign of peace and when Caroline signaled to her children. The second moment was when the prayer for the Prince was sung. Caro always sang it from the bottom of her heart, but this time again she was overwhelmed. Very understandibly so and that was obviously an emotion shared by those around her, because even Mme Gallico, who was sitting behind ANtoinette, got out her hanky.

I was very disappointed that the organ played the Halleluja, which is so much nicer with orchestra and choir and would have made a great exit.

I also noticed that in comparison with normal National Holidays, especially those attended by his father, the palace place was fairly empty. You won't see it on the videos that well, but I remember people lining up all the way back at the restaurants in order to participate on former occasions, whereas today I had no problems getting past people. Most space was occupied for the parade not by the people.

Security was btw zilch. Even though passes had been distributed, there wasn't any control. We went past a policeman with no problems and managed to enter the area that was officially reserved to locals. Nothing like in April.

All in all I have to say that IMO the 12th of July was a far more successful event. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to seperate the events. It seems as though all the excitement and happiness about the beginning of a new area have been already spent and now there was just enough left for it to have an air of a warmed up supper.

Holy smokes!! Stephanie sizzles in her outfit. She looks every inch a modern day princess! Charlotte's outfit seems a little to old for her...

i like that victoria wore red as its in Monacos flag
princess stephanie had a great outfit usally she does not get it right

Tosca said:
Thanks everyone for the winderful pics!!!!

Steph looks so fantastically beautiful. Caro looks like as if she had suddenly grown older. Perhaps that because she was deeply moved. I had never seen her cry before.
She cried at her dads funeral, especially during the prayer for the prince and same spot on the 12th of July. It seems that that's her tears on button;) . lets hope she won't make that into a habit, ' cause we might just have to skip this from the service;) But seriously, this year especially this part of any mass has been reminding people of Rainier. ANd even on normal sundays you have people fighting their tears (especially the older ones). And you wouldn't believe but still people have a hard time not to automatically sing Ranierium instead of Albertum. Some just never sang anything else, so singing it differently now marks a complete new area for everyone in MC,not just the Grimaldis.

I thought Charlotte was trying to imitate the Jackie O style with that pillbox hat and the vintage Chanel suit thing. Stephanie looked very pretty and the colors of her outfit were superb on her, but the frill things on it were kind of weird. Caroline's outfit was pretty boring, but it was so sweet how the crowd went crazy when "the Grimaldi trio" came in the window at the end. Monaco, you do love the sisters, don't you? I also noticed Pierre holding Caro's hand at one point. So loving. I did not see Alexandra during the ceremonies, or Melanie... I wonder why Alex stayed in a side window and didn't hover around the main family. Is little alex already becoming camera shy? Why weren't Steph's kids there? That's so weird to me. I understand if Steph wants to keep them away from the spotlight, but an event so important... with them being at July's events, I was expecting them at this one.

tigerlilly2005 said:
they make photos in the palace from the family.has somebody these pics?

tigerlilly, that's what I'm waiting for too! I want that picture the whole family posed for inside (and Char tripped or lost her balance and Pierre was laughing at her!) just before Ernst came up.

yes...i hope somebody can find these pics :D . it was so sweet to see the whole family.they were really lovely

Josefine said:
so who was best dressed by the royals
Stephanie - looked fantastic and Victoria..
thanks a lot for the pictures, everybody:)

Back
Top Bottom