Worst Royal Haircuts & Hairdos

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crisiñaki

Heir Apparent
City
London
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I want to start a thread about the "hair mistakes" made by our beloved royals.

I want to start with this picture:

Source: Corbis

I know Laurent was in the military but come on, that haircut is beyond hideous (watched too much American Idol;) ):D
His brother went to the service as well but he never had that haircut
I believe Steph isn't laughing WITH him but AT him ;) :D :D

Last edited:
I love Cristina to death, but there isn't really any excuse for this even if that was in the 80's :

Source: Cover

Two words: BLACK roots:(

Last edited:
Hair

Cristina hair there looked dreadful!:D Lucky job these days her hair is wonderful.:):cool:

crisiñaki said:
Hi I want to start a thread about the "hair mistakes" made by our beloved royals.

I want to start with this picture:

Source: Corbis
O.k. this picture is a 2 for 1! What is up with Stephanie's hair?? Little twisted knots? she looks like she has horns that are starting to grow out of her head! I hope it looked better from the back than it did from the front!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
crisiñaki said:
I love Cristina to death, but there isn't really any excuse for this even if that was in the 80's :

And Elena isn't better here...:eek::D

I think Queen Fabiola must change her haircut!!! That's an urgency!!!!!!
She has that haircut since the 60's... It's time to change!!!! :D

The 80s were terrible fashion-wise and hairstyle-wise. I know. I've had the misfortune to live them.

I have observed that many of the Queen's, Fabiola included, adopt a certain hairstyle and stick with it. For me the trouble with Fabiola's is that she, and her face, have gotten thinner with age and the hair just overwhelms her. If she wants to wear the same style, she might just trim it a bit so she doesn't look so top heavy! I think it always looks like her neck might break under the weight of the hair -- but I do like her!

It seems that the older royal women are stuck with their wedding hairdo.

Solange said:
It seems that the older royal women are stuck with their wedding hairdo.
Queen Sofia, for example, changed a bit... and most of the European Queens changed it!

Except for Elizabeth II, who appears to have had the same hairstyle since she was 15.

Chris922 said:
Except for Elizabeth II, who appears to have had the same hairstyle since she was 15.

Well, QEII is not alone. There's dear Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, her hairstyle hasn't changed much in the past 30 years either...:p

I'm not too sure about the Queen's not changing their hairstyles, QEII, Margrethe, Sophia, Fabiola (although not currently reigning Queen), Beatrix and Silvia have really not changed their basic styles very much.

Emily said:
I'm not too sure about the Queen's not changing their hairstyles, QEII, Margrethe, Sophia, Fabiola (although not currently reigning Queen), Beatrix and Silvia have really not changed their basic styles very much.

I agree. I don't really know about some of the other Queens as I don't follow them but for example, Sofia of Spain, her hair has kept the basic style but she has changed the colour slightly a few times.
Sometimes You wish they'd change but imagine the media frenzy if they changed their hairstyles! That could be why they choose to stick to the 'original'.

If Beatrix would change her hairstyle, I would definitely start screaming! (The same goes for Fabiola). Yes, their hairdo's are not very modern and they'd probably look better with another hairstyle, but on the other hand, the hairdo's suit the image they created of themselves. Beatrix without the helmet hair is just impossible... I think I would stare at her in total unbelief if she changed it... and millions of Dutch people with me. ;)

crisiñaki said:

Source: Cover

The hair is bearable, but, god, the pink dress!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maxie said:
If Beatrix would change her hairstyle, I would definitely start screaming! (The same goes for Fabiola). Yes, their hairdo's are not very modern and they'd probably look better with another hairstyle, but on the other hand, the hairdo's suit the image they created of themselves. Beatrix without the helmet hair is just impossible... I think I would stare at her in total unbelief if she changed it... and millions of Dutch people with me. ;)

I completely agree that I think it is part of their "image" and part of the "stability" the monarchies stand for. Don't you think Fabiola could trim it just a tad, though, and still keep up the same basic image?

OK -- I'm having some trouble getting the icon to go where I wanted it -- it was supposed to be at the end of my post -- and a wink would've been even better but I can't figure out where to find it -- so "wink, wink"!

Emily said:
I completely agree that I think it is part of their "image" and part of the "stability" the monarchies stand for. Don't you think Fabiola could trim it just a tad, though, and still keep up the same basic image?

Sure she could and it probably would look much better. :) But I just like the consistency of these royal ladies. Their hair is kind of a statement. I don't know what statement (maybe: my hair is actually a helmet?) but oh well, they stick to it and I think that's hilarious. We've actually got a new word in the most famous Dutch dictionary ('Beatrixkapsel' which means 'A hairdo like Beatrix'), don't know if you ever heard about it. How could we have ever gotten such a nice enrichment of Dutch language without our Queen's persistancy? I actually wonder if the Belgians got their own Flemish variant of this, as in 'Fabiolakapsel'? If not, I think they should! :D

Many people may disagree with me but this hairdo is just awful, actually the whole outfit was, Crown Princess Victoria (Nobel 1995):
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=54986&d=1100047420

*originally posted by Grandduchess

I love Crown Princess Victoria but the hair just kind of puffs out with a dinky tiara on her head. It was such a matronly look, it made her look 40 than 18! (which she was at the time) And the bag dress does nothing for her. I just really didn't like the hair, but I can happily say she has improved ENORMOUSLY in the whole fashion deparment in the past couple years. You can see the progression throughout her Nobel outfits. It gets more put together as the years go by (including the hair :D). :)

Queen Rania's blonde and brassy styles before her marriage and as a princess thank god those days are over and she heard about conditioner ;)

lizz70 said:
Queen Rania's blonde and brassy styles before her marriage and as a princess thank god those days are over and she heard about conditioner ;)

And got a good nose job;)

About the Queens, they won't change their styles, the "helmet hair" is part of who they are and people probably wouldn't like it if they change it even if they looked better:D :D

Maxie said:

that makes sense to me -- Queen Beatrix's hairstyle does project a feeling of stability, and constancy at a certain level:)

what about British Royals have hairdo?

Princess Diana have big hairdo before she got married to Prince Charles they later she change hair in her years life its would be so worse for Diana im tell you about it

Princess Lalla Meriem at Marrakesh International Film Festival 2005 November 12, 2005 in Marrakesh, Morocco.

sara1981 said:
what about British Royals have hairdo?

Princess Diana have big hairdo before she got married to Prince Charles they later she change hair in her years life its would be so worse for Diana im tell you about it

Yes, I think you are referring to the days when she was known as 'Dynasty Di' with the BIG hair and shoulder pads - very 1980's. I think the worst hair mistake Diana did was the time she wore her hair in an updo, it just looked awful and made her nose look really big.

crisiñaki said:
And got a good nose job;)

About the Queens, they won't change their styles, the "helmet hair" is part of who they are and people probably wouldn't like it if they change it even if they looked better:D :D

there is a picture of Queen Rania when she was still a new queen, where her hair is clipped back but it is so high off her head in a quiff - it looks horrible and made her look like she was about 40 years old and had a hard life. Who can forget the truly hideous updo she had on the coronation day too - it made her tower even more over Abdullah - yuk! Makes me shudder to think about it :eek:

hilal said:
Princess Lalla Meriem at Marrakesh International Film Festival 2005 November 12, 2005 in Marrakesh, Morocco.

Really? I liked her hair then, I thought it was really glam, although she looks stunning with pretty much any style.

Haya's hair a few months back when it was blonde wasn't particularly attractive, she had terible roots and alot of time looked as though she had split ends.

Didn't like Diana's hair throughtout the 80's, but then the 80's was a scary decade.

Lalla Salma definitely needs to do something with her hair. Yes, it's naturally curly but it looks in such bad condition in a lot of photos. Plus I think she'd suit it shorter, it really weighs her down.

i think that Rania's coronation updo was quite appropriate, I loved her whole look on that day

I know Princess Gloria von Turn und Taxis had some horrible punk hair in the 80's and now looks like a very old matron.

I also don't like Stephanie's current short hair look (Monaco's Stephanie) she looks much better with long hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom