Royals before and after!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snow said:
in those photos from the 90's letizia's eye colour appears to be dark brown, does anyone know what her real eye colour is?everyone in her family happens to have dark brown eyes.
Her real colour eyes is grenn.. is like an olive green:):):)

Last edited:
Paula** said:
Maxima was better before :eek:

i dont think she's changed much at all really.

I think Letizia has probably changed the least from before and after. of course her appearance was already "camera ready" because of her anchor job. personally i think she should make some more alterations to a more 'royal' style. she is still in 'newsanchor' mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
pollyemma said:
i dont think she's changed much at all really.

I don't think so either. The only think about her that has changed is her hair. She really seems to have the same sense of style.

Monalisa said:
before diana was very shy and had a very shy style,but after she became aware of cameras and her image,her style changed a lot and became very glamourous,and she lost a lot of weight,but she didn't change her appearence i'm meaning here,she didn't made a nose job for her curved nose,she could to become very beautiful without any plastic surergy,only was relooked(hair and style of clothes and make-up) and lost weight!

I agree. Diana was always GORGEOUS! But as you said, after she became more comfortable with the camera's and most importantly who she was, which had a HUGE impact on her.I mean if you feel good, then you look good.:)

polop said:
I agree. Diana was always GORGEOUS! But as you said, after she became more comfortable with the camera's and most importantly who she was, which had a HUGE impact on her.I mean if you feel good, then you look good.:)

Not to be mean spirited but maybe you can blame it one the 80's. In the begining of her royal life she looked like a prepubesent boy. Not very gorgeous or glamorous. After a while thought when she got more relaxed and had more experience then she became pretty and glamorous.

About QR's b4 foto's being photoshopped. Mayb the 1st one but the others no. Its obvious that she's had some surgery and yeah she has lost weight. But i don't know why because she didn't need to!!! Now she is painfully thin. The same goes for Princess Leatizia.

Diana definitely had a makeover and the same goes for QN etc.

Princess Max hasn't really changed much.

Neither has Princess Mary.

Maxima seems to have put on a little weight, but same goes for her husband and even the husband of Mathilde of Belgium. When you get married you gain weight. It's like a curse :eek:

And yet, the Danes and the Spanish royals are still trim somehow. Although both Leti and Mary look absolutely healthy after giving birth, better than before.

The most drastic change I've seen in a royal is the face of queen Sylvia of Sweden. One word, lay off the botox! She has become something that does not seem quite human, especially when she smiles.

On the other hand, Queen Elizabeth II and Queen Sofia have aged gracefully and accepted their royal wrinkles with dignity. Neither of them was a beauty in their youth, but they prove that age, and a good string of jewels around your neck, does make you regal past your 50s . Queen Sylvia, are you listening? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
There is this one pic of Queen Sophia at a ball before her sons wedding. She is getting out of the car and she just has this model look on her face. Its my favourite pic of her. Its really funny how she looks but she was very pretty for a women of her age in that pic.

I'm not sure where to put this question but how come some royals whitten their teeth and others don't? They all smile and have the pictures published millions of times, wouldn't it be embarssing to have yellow teeth on the cover of a magazine?

Case in point,

Yellow teeth:
1.Maxima- http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/crown-princess-maxima-jewelry-178-3.html
Post # 41

2. Mary- http://img35.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=0f8b7_06020936.jpg
and white teeth:

1. Mette-Marit- http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=78392&d=1105488294

2. Letezia- http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77477&d=1105260812

Last edited:
Amina said:
About QR's b4 foto's being photoshopped. Mayb the 1st one but the others no. Its obvious that she's had some surgery and yeah she has lost weight. But i don't know why because she didn't need to!!! Now she is painfully thin. The same goes for Princess Leatizia.

Diana definitely had a makeover and the same goes for QN etc.

Princess Max hasn't really changed much.

Neither has Princess Mary.

Diana had hair, makeup, lost weight and worked out a lot but she never did plastic surgery. She always had beautiful skin and eyes. She was an English Rose and wasn't an artificial beauty.

Let's not kid ourselves: every royal lady (specially those married with heirs) has had a makeover one way or another and it has a very logical explanation: they are public figures and depend on their image, we are all shallow by nature (by evolution) and we like our royalty to be good looking, the pressure is higher for the women but thank God there are beautiful gowns and stunning jewelry.

Maybe they haven't had plastic surgery but I'm sure they have had "extra help" in their development of who they are today: personal trainers, teeth straightening and whitening, couture, protocol classes, etc

wymanda said:
I think not! Diana was, IMO, merely a pretty girl with the ability to buy expensive clothes and employ a stylist to show her how to wear them. For a truly beautiful princess look at a young Pncss Margaret or the late Queen Alexandra. :rolleyes:
I do think that what Diana had was akin to a type of beauty or handsomeness because she kept her looks. Poor Margaret lost hers in a handful of years. Diana came into her own and became even more attractive with each passing year.

dakodas said:
I do think that what Diana had was akin to a type of beauty or handsomeness because she kept her looks. Poor Margaret lost hers in a handful of years. Diana came into her own and became even more attractive with each passing year.

What contributed to that was the fact that became a public figure when she was so very young and insecure and had not yet developed self-confidence. The confidence she developed later on enhanced her looks immensely. It's such a difference if you look at the first "public" pictures of the pre-engagement and the last ones - almost as if there were two different people.

Smilla said:
What contributed to that was the fact that became a public figure when she was so very young and insecure and had not yet developed self-confidence. The confidence she developed later on enhanced her looks immensely. It's such a difference if you look at the first "public" pictures of the pre-engagement and the last ones - almost as if there were two different people.
Well, what helped even more was that she worked on her bitterness and self-pity to overcome them-she also was not a BOOZE HOUND and smoker.

Well done Dakodas

dakodas said:
Well, what helped even more was that she worked on her bitterness and self-pity to overcome them-she also was not a BOOZE HOUND and smoker.

Doesn't matter how much they have been trained, whether born royal or not, they looks the pits especially with cigarettes and/or booze in hand, makes them look tacky not matter what. Shows their utter selfishness as well if they have children who have to witness their disgusting behaviour.

I love this thread! I think Mary looked better when she was a little heavier as in the early pictures of her. Both Mary and Letizia look much better now after having babies, before they both looked so anorexic. Does anyone have pictures of Mathilde and Claire before they were Princesses?:)

crisiñaki said:
Let's not kid ourselves: every royal lady (specially those married with heirs) has had a makeover one way or another and it has a very logical explanation: they are public figures and depend on their image, we are all shallow by nature (by evolution) and we like our royalty to be good looking, the pressure is higher for the women but thank God there are beautiful gowns and stunning jewelry.

Maybe they haven't had plastic surgery but I'm sure they have had "extra help" in their development of who they are today: personal trainers, teeth straightening and whitening, couture, protocol classes, etc

Well said! And some have had more of a makeover than others...

IMO Princess Mary looks better with some more weight than she had in her first year of marriage. During her pregnancy with Christian she looked very healthy. Soem goes for Letizia when she was pregnant with Leonor.
Imo Princess Maxima didn't change a lot. A couple more freckels maybe, but she's still spontaneous, beautiful Maxima.

HRHAmy said:
I'm not sure where to put this question but how come some royals whitten their teeth and others don't? They all smile and have the pictures published millions of times, wouldn't it be embarssing to have yellow teeth on the cover of a magazine?

Case in point,

Yellow teeth:
1.Maxima- http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/crown-princess-maxima-jewelry-178-3.html
Post # 41

Good point HRHAmy,I would put in the royals with yellow teeth,queen Rania of Jordan,her teeth are dramaticly yellow and brownish when we see them by profile, and they need to be also reshaped.
I recall that i'd read an article where,Kate middelton,which is not a royal and new in the scene, will make an orthodontic work to enhance her smile using some invisible braces,and I have to say she's right and seem more smart than some royals who spend much money in fashion clothes and and don't care about their smile which is IMO much more important for one's image and beauty.

Monalisa said:
This is what i think too, princess letizia was alraedy cute,she was most beautiful at her journalist days(picture 2),but now she became a plain princess when she lost a lot of weight,her face bacomes too strong!

I totally agree with you, she was more beautiful at her journalist days.

lis said:
Her real colour eyes is grenn.. is like an olive green:):):)

green???? her eyes are brown!!!!!!

Saturn said:
green???? her eyes are brown!!!!!!

I think her eyes are not totally green,could be hazelnut,they look dark brown when she was young.

Queen Rania

Queen Rania of Jordan's makeover is certainly a transformation! She certainly is one of the most stylish Royal ladies of her time.

In the last several years of her life Diana, Princess of Wales worked out a lot in the gym, transformed her figure and developed a style unique to her. She blossomed into a true beauty even though she was beautiful during the 1980's.

Letizia of Spain certainly looks very different now compared to the photos posted of her in the 1991's. Crown Princess Mary looks to have had a coplete style and beauty makeover. She looked good before but the makeover certainly has brought out the best of her beauty.

Airbrush

Consider the FACT that most press will airbrush photos so if they have a wrinkle it usually gets airbrushed. Also a lot of press thin out your features as well, they do it constantly!

Seems to me Mary just lost a little weight and is wearing designer clothes, but she certianly looked very pretty before! I like her either way!:)

HRHAmy said:
Seems to me Mary just lost a little weight and is wearing designer clothes, but she certianly looked very pretty before! I like her either way!:)

She hasn't changed radically apart from getting thinner and dressing/presenting herself differently. No cosmetic surgery here and she hasn't been botoxed to death as her face is very mobile still :)

I think she still looks beautiful, despite the unnecessary weight loss.

Back
Top Bottom