Frankish & Holy Roman Empires, Germanic States & Families, Central Europe

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marc23 thanks for your message, but at geneall.net is no direct line or connection to the “zu Fürstenbergs” ...Look at these links:

Countess Emilie Chorinsky von Ledske married 28.05.1833 Georg von Thurn und Valsássina-Como-Vercelli and your information says, that her granddaughter is Countess Marianne von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli but she was born 10.09.1835 only 2 years after Emilie's wedding ...

At these geneall.net links you can see these are two different lines, Count Johann Duclas von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli is not a son of Countess Emilie Chorinsky von Ledske

GeneAll.net - Emilie, Grfin Chorinsky

Landgraf Friedrich von Fürstenberg
I
Princess Constanze zu Fürstenberg
I
Countess Emilie Chorinsky von Ledske oo28.05.1833 Georg von Thurn und Valsássina-Como-Vercelli

GeneAll.net - Duglas, Graf von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli
I
Count Johann Duclas von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli
I
Countess Marianne von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli *10.09.1835
I
Count Johann Zeno von Goess-Saurau
I
Count Carl Anton von Goess-Saurau
I
Countess Maria von Goess-Saurau
I
Xenia Maculan

No problem,but your dates might be wrong as Countess Emilie Chorinsky von Ledske was born on 14th of January 1811 in Brünn and died on 14 Aug 1888 in Bleiburg...

On 28 May 1833 she married in Wien Count Georg von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli,Freiherr zum Kreuz who was born on 3 Jan 1788 in Prague and died on 9 Feb 1866 in Wien...

Their son was Count Johann Duclas von Thurn und Valsassina-Como-Vercelli,Freiherr zum Kreuz who was born on 22 Sep 1835 in Mainz and died on 26 Jul 1904 in Streiteben while his daughter Countess Marianne was born on 10 Seprt 1869 also in Streiteben,married on 24 July 1889 in Bleiburg to Count Leopold von Goess and died on 21 April 1940 in Graz...

Hope things are now more clear ;)

I think the dates are wrong, have a look here - della Torre (von Thurn und Valsssina) 10

A1. Georg, Freiherr zum Kreuz, *Praha 3.1.1788, +Wien 9.2.1866; m.Wien 28.5.1833 Gfn Emilie Chorinsky Frn von Ledske (*Brno (Brünn) 14.1.1811, +Bleiburg 14.8.1888)

B2. Johann Duclas, *Mainz 22.9.1835, +Streiteben 26.7.1904; m.Irlbach 9.8.1863 Gfn Gabrielle von Bray-Steinburg (*München (Munich) 10.2.1841, +Wien 6.1.1892), dau.of Gf Otto Kamillus Hugo Gabriel von Bray-Steinburg and Donna Ippolita Dentice dei Principi di Frasso
  • C1. Marianne, *Streiteben 10.9.1869, +Graz 21.4.1940; m.Bleiburg 24.7.1889 Gf Leopold Peter von Goëß (*Graz 28.10.1848, +Ebenthal 22.7.1922)

If she would have been born in 1835 she would have married at the age of 54 and would have had her last child at the age of 66. Rather unlikely I'd say ;)

;) good point!

There is a reason for it. Countess Christine of Brühl wrote an interesting book about it named "Noblesse oblige"...
There is logic in all of this you wrote...thank you for your time,it was very interesting to read ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Seraphine is right about nobles mingling in the same circles, the university Albert attended is popular for catholic nobles; when he was there he was close friends with Lukas Auersperg (who is Xenia's former boyfriend) and Lukas' wife Alice Bayern also attended the University of Edinburgh, I also know that Nassau's and Limburg-Stirum's are studying there.

I agree with Seraphine's post. Nobles - especially - Austrian and German nobles normally mingle in the same circles. Although I know for a fact that Alice of Bayern who is married to Lukas Auersperg went to the University of Vienna which isn't an exclusive University studying for at least 2 semesters Comparative Literature and Biology. I was in several courses with her and she was a nice girl. Maybe she went later to Edinburgh ??

Seraphine is right about nobles mingling in the same circles, the university Albert attended is popular for catholic nobles; when he was there he was close friends with Lukas Auersperg (who is Xenia's former boyfriend) and Lukas' wife Alice Bayern also attended the University of Edinburgh, I also know that Nassau's and Limburg-Stirum's are studying there.

The heirdiary prince of Oettingen-Spielberg (after attending Eton) and his sister Nora study there as well.

Thank you Saschana and Marc23. ...Now the question is which page is right ? GeneAll.net or your page Genealogy index :rolleyes:

Genealogy index is much more serious page,while sometimes on geneall.net(apart from some mislabeled portrait identifications) you can find something that genealogy index doesn't cover...

I have always been fascinated with the story of "Vampire Bloody Countess"

So,could we find who are her present day descendants?

Some famous living descendants:

Ruling Fürst Hans-Adam II von und zu Liechtenstein is one of her famous descendants through his mother Gina von Wilczek..

Fürstin Gloria von Thurn und Taxis(and her son Albert) is a descendant of Countess Erzebeth Bathori through her mother Beatrix...

Princess Hella von Bayern,born Countess von Khevenhüller-Metsch is also her descendant...

Fürst Karl Johannes von Schwarzenberg and his wife Countess Theresia von Hardegg are both descendants of Erzebeth Bathori...

Prince Hubertus von Hohenlohe-Langenburg-Olympian skier and jet-setter...

Princess Ira zu Fürstenberg-also one of the famous descendants of Blood Countess...

Prince Alexander zu Fürstenberg-former brother in law of Marie-Chantal,Crown Princess of Greece is her descendant...

Fürstin Alexandra von Croy-wife of Fürst Rudolf von Croy is also descendant of the Blood Countess...

Arthur Landon-son of Sir Timothy Landon,known as the "White Sultan of Arabia" and Princess Katalin Esterhazy-one of the best friends of Prince William and one of the richest heirs in Britain is also among her descendants through his mother...

and so on and on...

Last edited:
Hello everybody, I am new here and trying to resolve a rumor, to dispel it or prove the validity of it.

It is rumored that Frederick III King of Prussia and Emperor of Germany father of Kaiser Wilhelm II had an affair or fling at some point and had an illegitimate son who later went to the Americas and lived out his life. He was near the age of Wilhelm, I think a year or two older. I wonder about the details of this and ask if anyone has any information concerning this. I have a photo of Wilhelm supposedly taken in the Americas at a time when it is rumored that he visited his half brother.

Thank you for any information you may have.

Last edited:
That is interesting as it is Utah where Wilhelm II is said to have gone and where the photo was taken. There may be more to this. The mother of the illegitimate son is said to be Fraulein Louisa Hudinburgh. I wonder.
Father like Son?

Thank you for your reply.

Last edited:
Is there anyone here who can tell how many children Kaiser Wilhelm II had outside of marriage and where?

He had several affairs and some says he has illegitimate children in Norway and perhaps Sweden. Please answer this if you know anything about it as a PM or on this forum.

Last edited:
Ancestor search?

Hello
My name is Olav Rekve
I did some genealogy when I was younger and found out that
I was related to the Louis I of The Franks.
Now I cannot seem to find the link anymore and wonders if
Someone can help me out?

Thanks in advance

BR

Olav Rekve

the wettin family

hi i am doing family history on my german side and found that i have german royalty i have hesse and hesse kassel lines and also the bearder duke of saxony was one of my mothers grandfathers who was margrave meissen phillip 1 magnanimous landgrave hesse kassel was my moms 12 great grandfather who was married to christine wettin was the twelth great grandmother and i am a citizen of the united states i can see that some of my ancestors came from german to the united states

Auerspergs In South America

Hello
I'm Denmark de Vera, a college student from Philippines. and I am making a research about royal bloodline.

I learned that many Auerspergs are not only living in Europe, but may of them are now in South America. My research are now focusing on the children of Prince Karl Adolf, Duke of Gottschee and Terez Marguit Nemetujvari Batthyany. What is Natalia Maria Mailhos and Mathias Mailhos relation to Princess Johanna and German Mailhos? Are they children of them? and what are the name of Miss Natalia's children and spouse. And also of Mr. Mathias.

Im hoping that you will consider this question. Thank you very much and God Bless.

Last edited:
You will find a very extensive genealogy of the Auersperg family here.

long URL: http ://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=64539856&pid=r&mode=ALL&n=0&query=auersperg

Back
Top Bottom