Shoes Worn by Royal Brides

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I finally found a photo of HGD Stephanie's wedding shoes:

Pic

They look very beautiful! The details look interesting. Those shoes are simply exquisite.

I re-did my list:

1. Catherine 2 3 4
2. HGD Stephanie
3. Princess Grace 2 3 4
4. Crown Princess Mary 2
5. Princess Claire of Luxembourg
6. Zara Philips

The Worst:

1. Princess Mabel
2. Princess Clotilde
3. Queen Rania
4. Diana, Princess of Wales 2 3 4 5 6
5. Princess Noor 2
6. Queen Mathilde 2
7. Queen Maxima 2 3
8. Princess Tatiana of Greece
9. Princess Madeleine 2 3 4

Last edited:
it's such a pity that sometimes we can't see them during the wedding because of the dress covering them!

Some are really beautiful and matching! Other are just hideous IMO:ROFLMAO:

I've never seen Stephanie's bridal shoes before. They were just as beautiful as her gown..exquisite!:whistling:, and they match perfectly.

I am not a "shoe girl", when it comes to brides it's the last thing I notice. But of the ones I've seen so far I love Kate and Stephanie's.

I think I might like Claire's, but I would have to see another picture of them.

Last edited:
I think CP Victoria's shoes were one of the best and most complimentary shoe/dress combination around. The ice white with crystal buckles is near a perfect match with that dress.

http://svenskdam.se/files/2010/06/ste_Victoria-skor.jpg

In case anyone was wondering, the beautiful lace trim is, of course, not from her dress but her petticoat.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Prince+Daniel+Wedding+Crown+Princess+Victoria+rncXAmTD8FUx.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UA58WhysZVg/TCYBYCOiAVI/AAAAAAAAASQ/gDMGcKCHdJA/s400/062110-shoe-300.jpg

Victoria's shoes were from designer Roger Vivier and were just high enough to be elegant and low enough to dance all night. The beautiful arch in the instep shows a very stable and comfortable shoe.

Many of the bridal shoes worn by royal brides seem to be absolute works of art, but just looking at them and thinking 10 hours plus actually wearing them . . . my feet hurt just looking at them all.

:previous:MARG, I was thinking the same, especially the ones with very high heels like Madeleine's!:ohmy:

Elisabetta's wedding shoes are beautiful and elegant:

1 2 3

Last edited:
:previous: They are very pretty and very individual. No six inch stilletoes for her, but cute little kitten heels, just right for a long day on your feet.

Queen Elizabeth

Ivory duchesse satin self-lined, they are in one piece, embracing the waist of the foot with reverse folds on the high instep and across the front. The draped sandels are finished off with a silver buckle studded with small pearl.
. Open in November, a very brave choice ?

The wedding shoes of the Swedish royal women are on display:

Victoria

Madeleine

Sofia

I love all of their shoes. At first I did not like Madeleine's shoes but I know love them. I love Victoria's but not for a bride. Too bad Silvia's was not included. Maybe they are lost or not in good shape.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Máxima of The Netherlands

Safe shoes to walk the long carpets in Amsterdam and to climb into and out of the Rolls Royce Landaulette (civil ceremony) and the Golden State Carriage (church ceremony). Not really recommendable to do that with stiletto heels while wearing a heavy dress and long veil.

We know Queen Máxima as a lover of stiletto heels (picture) so probably she only wore these extremely conservative bridal shoes to give her more security and comfort during a long ceremony.

Victoria

Madeleine

Sofia

I love all of their shoes. At first I did not like Madeleine's shoes but I know love them. I love Victoria's but not for a bride. Too bad Silvia's was not included. Maybe they are lost or not in good shape.

Madeleine's are my favourite followed closely by her sister. Sofia's are nice but nothing special. Honestly look like a beige pair of pumps she would wear to a day event tomorrow, the only stand apart is the odd heart on the bottom.

Victoria's shoes are beautiful and match perfectly with her simple and elegant Wedding dress. Madeleine's shoes suit well with her dress. Sofia's shoes look heavy and aren't a good match with her dress.

I find the square decoration on Crown Princess Victoria's shoes out of proportion compared with the size of the shoes.

Both Victoria's and Sofia's wedding shoes were underwhelming, if not totally ugly.

Victoria

Madeleine

Sofia

Going a bit off topic, but does anyone know what is in the box next to Victoria's shoes and clutch? It looks like a bit of greenery or flowers.

As for Victoria's shoes, I like them as they were a bit of sparkle in her ensemble. IMO she wisely selected a well-fitted but simple gown that would not detract from the historic Cameo Tiara.

I also like Sofia and Madeline's shoes as well.

Last edited:
I loved Victoria's wedding gown but I find her shoes rather ugly.:sad:

Madeleine's are my favorite of the three, perfect.:)

Sofia..blah.

Victoria

Madeleine

Sofia

All of those are ugly especially Sofia's.

Going a bit off topic, but does anyone know what is in the box next to Victoria's shoes and clutch? It looks like a bit of greenery or flowers.

It's a sprig of myrtle. The Swedish Royal brides has had a sprig of myrtle in their hair ever since Margaret of Connaught brought the custom with her from the UK. I think her grandmother Queen Victoria had some in her hair as well. Margaret brought a plant with her that she planted at Sofiero Castle. When her daughter Ingrid married the future King of Denmark she in her turn took the custom and a sampling with her that she planted at Fredensborg Palace.

Does anyone have any info on Meghan 's shoes? I've only seen them discussed based on the small glimpses you good see from under her dress.

Back
Top Bottom