Pregnant Royal Brides

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HMTLove23

Nobility
City
bethlehem
Country
United States
I can think of a few...One comes to mind.

Clothilde courau.

Does any one know any more

Gloria of Schonburg-Glauchau was prgnenat when she married Johannes of Thurn and Taxis and Laetitia bechtoplf who married Philipp of Hesse.

Archduchess Sara Maya Al-Askari wife of Archduke Maximilian of Austria.

Anne Boleyn when she married Henry VIII.
Princess Caroline of Monaco when she married both Stefano Carsiraghi and Prince Ernest August of Hanover.

Anne Hyde, wife of King James II of England, gave birth to a child after two months of marriage.

Princess Margarita of Bourbon Parma was also pregnant at her second wedding to Tjalling ten Cate last May.

Anne Hyde, wife of King James II of England, gave birth to a child after two months of marriage.
It was very premature baby like Pss Alexandra of Hannover.

Doesn't James II's second wife Maria Beatrice d'Este was pregnant on her wedding day or it was premature?

I also seem to recall that Crown Princess Helen of Romania (nee' Princess of Greece & Denmark) was pregnant with (ex) King Michael when she married Crown Prince Carol in 1921 . . .

She was. Helen and Carol married in February 1921; Michael was born that October. The royal house tried to convince the public that he was born 2 months early, but his weight was that of a full-term baby so...it didn't exactly work.

Royal princess brides

And what to say about Princess Caroline??? She married pregnant twice ( ! ). She was already pregnant with Andrea when she married Stefano Casiraghi, and again, whe she married Prince Ernst August she was already carrying Princess Alexandra, her younger daughter... :eek:

Haha! The 80s were definitely "more modern times" than the 1920s. I guess one had to make up lies back then. They do it in the Regency romance books that I read.:lol:

I read that Q Narriman was pregnant with Prince Fouad when she married King Farouk. She was about 16 at the time and they kept her out of sight until the preemie was born.:rolleyes:

Princess Olga of Savoy, nee Greece. She is due in April and was married in September.

Pia Rittinghausen, Countess von Habsburg-Lothringen Married Count Dominik von Habsburg 5 May 2007, Their son Count Pius was born 27 July 2007

Clementina dei marchesi Cordero di Montezemolo married Flavio dei marchesi Misciattelli 10 May 2008, Their Daughter Luce was born sometime in September 2008.

Last edited by a moderator:
Archduchess Sophie of Austria married Fürst Mariano Hugo of Windisch-Grätz on January 31st and February 11th 1990 while their eldest child, prince Maximilian Hugo was born on 4 August 1990.

Princess Olga of Savoy, nee Greece. She is due in April and was married in September.

Aha!...I saw her wedding gown in Hello! magazine and while she is a very beautiful woman, that was an ODD getup to put it mildly.

She is not showing her pregnancy yet at all.

Aha!...I saw her wedding gown in Hello! magazine and while she is a very beautiful woman, that was an ODD getup to put it mildly.

She is not showing her pregnancy yet at all.

According to my calculations she cannot be more than 6 weeks along.

Infanta Ana Maria of Portugal married the Duke of Loule on December 5, 1827; theyr firstborn was born on December 27, 1827. (Is correct "on + month + day"?)

Lilian Baels when she married King Leopold III of the Belgians.

Lilian Baels when she married King Leopold III of the Belgians.

I don't think we can say definately whether she was pregnant when they married as they married on 11th September 1941 and Prince Alexandre was born on 18th July 1942. By my calculations that is 9 months and 1 week.

However she was pregnant at the time of her civil marriage

Marina Ogilvy, daughter of Princess Alexandra, was pregnant when she married Paul Mowatt on 2 February 1990.

Ute Maria Konig, wife of Prince Hubertus von Hohenzollern, nephew of the Swedish King. They married 10th July 2000.
Unfortunately, their only son, Prince Lennart, died 14th January 2001, four days after being born...

Ute Maria Konig, wife of Prince Hubertus von Hohenzollern, nephew of the Swedish King. They married 10th July 2000.
Unfortunately, their only son, Prince Lennart, died 14th January 2001, four days after being born...

It seems they also have a daughter Princess Vivianne of Hohenzollern (born in Munich, May 2009)

Clotilde Courau was pregnant with Princess Vittoria whe she married Prince Emmanuel Filiberto.

Prince Jean of Orléans, Dauphin of France, Duke of Vendôme & Philomena de Tornos y Steinhart, civil wedding on 19-03-2009 and religious on 19-11-2009.
Their son Gaston is born 19-11-2009.

Back
Top Bottom