Lookalike Gowns

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Claire of Belgium's dress is very similar to supermodel Claudia Schiffer's wedding dress also.

Sophie does copy Diana, I think

semisquare said:
in a lot of pics of both diana & sophie. its like sophie copies diana style of dress. so i'm not surprise that sophie's dress looks a lot like diana. it would be nice if people could be a litte more inventive dont u think?
Semisquare: I'm not sure if I agree that the wedding dresses were alike...but it certainly seems she copied Diana's hair on her wedding day. What I mean is - Sophie copied the way Diana looked just before her passing, not copying Diana on HER wedding day. I agree, it would be nice if people could be a little bit more inventive. I think finally Sophie has tried to look like herself and not copy Diana - but that's another thread, I guess.

james said:
In Christian churches woman (bride and guests) are not permitted to enter bare-shouldered. (...) This is why all Christian European brides are dressed so modestly.

And what about the dress of Cristina of Spain?

I've always thought that CP Marie-Chantal's dress looked alot like Princess Grace's. I'm sure Valentino changed the skirt slightly though because in the news reels of the wedding you can tell Princess Grace had trouble moving it it (stairs, etc.)

I hadn't noticed that Princess Claire of Belgium's dress was similar to Princess Mia's though. Good eye!

does anyone have Claudia schieffer dress?

I think the bodices of Laetitia Bechtolf's and Clementine Hambro's dresses look quite similar, even if Laetitia's gown is much more refined...

30pe.jpg

Source: Seeger Press

clemmiehambroorlandofrars1.jpg
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8681/clemmiehambroorlandofrars1.jpg

Source:unknown

Sibilla and Tessy Anthony too.. very similars gowns... and beautifuls...
my.php

view.php

view.php

I think the bodices of Laetitia Bechtolf's and Clementine Hambro's dresses look quite similar, even if Laetitia's gown is much more refined...

Both bridal gowns were designed by Monique Lhuillier from her spring 2006 collection, and that is why the two gowns look so similar.

You can see more of Monique's designs, both RTW and Bridal, at www.moniquelhuillier.com

Princess Anne wedding gown (when she married Mark Philips) looks similar to Queen Beatrix coronation gown. Apparently it was inspired by a picture of Anne Boleyn (Queen Beatrix's gown).

Humera said:
is this the dress you're talking about?
I can see some similarities..in the skirt and maybe the viel and train. But the sleeves are totally different, so are the bodice and collar.

I heard Mariah even designed the tiara to resemble Diana's and that the gown cost $12,000.

The dresses of Princess Marilène of the Netherlands was copied by her sister in law Princess Annette. Certainly the colar

No, it's exactly the contrary: Marilène married Maurits in 1998, while Annette and Bernhard tied the knot 2 years later, in 2000.

cdm said:
The dresses of Princess Marilène of the Netherlands was copied by her sister in law Princess Annette. Certainly the colar

Don't you think this Pronovias gown (Efeso) was inspired by Queen Margrethe's wedding dress?

Efeso

Margrethe

Last edited:
You're right, Elsa! It really looks similar to Cristina's gown...
BTW, I agree with you: it is one of the best dresses made by Pronovias. I simply love long sleeved wedding gowns!
The 2008 collection is quite fascinating, with many dresses à la Empress Joséphine! ;)

That's such a beautiful gown! One of the best I've recently seen by Pronovias! ;)

If it is inspired by Margrethe's?... Well, I think it ressemblances more Infanta Cristina's wedding dress... but yes, it is similar, especially in the skirt.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123748&d=1113224445

I simply love long sleeved wedding gowns!
The 2008 collection is quite fascinating, with many dresses à la Empress Joséphine! ;)
Me too!... Call me conservative if you want, but I always get the feeling that short sleeved wedding dresses are not appropriate for a church ceremony... and it's utter bad taste for a bride (at least a Catholic one) wearing a strappless dress (it's like screaming to the guests: "Look what you're loosing!!" :eek: :lol:)...

Princess Mathilde & Princess Letizia
Princess Anita & Princess Claire

Me too!... Call me conservative if you want, but I always get the feeling that short sleeved wedding dresses are not appropriate for a church ceremony... and it's utter bad taste for a bride (at least a Catholic one) wearing a strappless dress (it's like screaming to the guests: "Look what you're loosing!!" :eek: :lol:)...

Me too!!! I totally agree with you. I don't see what the beautiful thing about strapless gowns is either (especially when they are sleeveless as well). Nowadays nearly every dress looks the same!

Not exactly on topic, but I did think CPVictoria's bridesmaids' dresses looked a lot like Queen Silvia's wedding dress. I wonder if that was deliberate?

Back
Top Bottom