Divorce rumours for Princess Masako ?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moonlightrhapsody said:
I haven't seen a picture of Masako and Naruhito being physically affectionate, but you can see in their eyes how much they care and love each other. When a feeling is that deep, you don't need physical displays to show your love for each other, it just shines through.

I completely agree. I do think there is genuine affection between them. I especially enjoy photos from when Mathilde and Philippe were visiting Japan. In several of the photos Naruhito is looking at Masako as she greets or talks with Mathilde. The look in Naruhito's eyes is one of pure enjoyment of the joy Masako seems to be taking from talking with Mathilde. That is another glimpse of deep affection IMO.

All I meant above is that glimpses of physical contact are very rare; not that, that is necessary for the expression of love, especially in Japanese culture.
In fact, Warren -- the photo you posted is almost risque! Teasing, of course, I think it is a very lovely photo, especially among a long married couple -- but it is also a rare photo. And thank you for posting it!

I hope the CP-couple aren't getting a divorce, I also hope that the new baby will be a girl.. It's about time Japan changes their laws about the monarch..

haha. what if the baby turns out to be a boy...
and years later... becomes a gay?
omans, succession crisis. AGAIN. heh.

I know many people are wishing for girl for Princess Kiko's baby, however Imperial family of Japan are in complete crisis right now because they have not had any boys born into family in 40 years(since Akishino) if there are no boys to be born in the family, the imperial family and the 2600years of history may be all wiped out. Therefore, I wish for Kiko to have a boy, if not, the country should change the law very soon so that Aiko can be Empress. From known history, just to keep the blood line going, Aiko may be forced by IHA to marry her cousin, too... (Just like they have recommended other royals to marry to extended family just to keep the royal bloodline thick)

For the main topic of CP Masako and CP Naruhito's gossip for divorce, they have never had single divorce in the history of Imperial family, therefore I do not think it is going to happen(although many of the former Emperors had mistress who ended up having the baby for the emperor instead of empress because they were not able to produce male heir)

Last edited:
foiegrass said:
haha. what if the baby turns out to be a boy...
and years later... becomes a gay?
omans, succession crisis. AGAIN. heh.

It wouldn't be of any consequence if the boy ends up being gay. As he will do his duty like the majority of gay male Japanese at the moment. He'll have an arranged marriage, father a child or 2 and then he and his wife will live separate lives.

As far as the IHA forcing Aiko for marry a former noble, they've got to produce one in her age range first! The descendants of former male nobles at the moment are single and in their late 20's and 30's, there are no young children. Reflecting the Japanese trend for fewer children ( the birthrate in Japan is the lowest in the industrialised world, last year for the first time there were more deaths in Japan than births. The population is beginning to fall) it also reflects the Japanese trend for marrying later in life, marriages tend to occur in people's mid to late 30s.

I sincerely hope they won't try to marry Aiko off to someone in his 20s, but I wouldn't put it past them. Don't any of these chaps who were born in the 1970s have children of their own?

Charlotte1 said:
As far as the IHA forcing Aiko for marry a former noble, they've got to produce one in her age range first! The descendants of former male nobles at the moment are single and in their late 20's and 30's, there are no young children. Reflecting the Japanese trend for fewer children ( the birthrate in Japan is the lowest in the industrialised world, last year for the first time there were more deaths in Japan than births. The population is beginning to fall) it also reflects the Japanese trend for marrying later in life, marriages tend to occur in people's mid to late 30s.

I previously posted this from Sankei news
mandyy said:
Sankei news
From the 11 former Imperial family branches, there are 14 men who are currently between their 20s to 40s and there are 2 boys from the former Kayanomiya branch who are elementary students and a 2 year old boy from the former Higashikuni branch.
These males are directly descended from former male Imperial family members who had Emperors on their father's side.

The information that I posted on the descendants of the former Japanese nobles came from a Japanese article on them. The article wrote about what some of these descendants were doing jobwise now and interviewed a few of them. There was no mention of any children ( male or female) or former nobles who were married with a young family, therefore I assumed there were none.

Well, if Kiko's new child is a daughter, it looks as though Aiko at present has a choice of three potential husbands. Poor kid.

Charlotte, how old was that article? And was it in Japanese or English? If there's an English version floating around somewhere on the web it'd be lovely if you could post a link to it.

the topic is divorce rumors and i don't think they'll get divorced because they love each other and have a sweet lovely child. i know the prince loves her very much and has been very supportive. instead of divorce how about they leave japan and have a happy life away from the evil IHA.

I don't know if they'd be able to. Don't the IHA have a stranglehold on the purse strings of the imperial family?

Elspeth said:
Well, if Kiko's new child is a daughter, it looks as though Aiko at present has a choice of three potential husbands. Poor kid
As long as they are (will) inlove each other that will be fine:)

Esmeralda said:
I don't know if they'd be able to. Don't the IHA have a stranglehold on the purse strings of the imperial family?

Yes, the Imperial Family isn't as wealthy as their counterparts in, let's say, Europe. Almost all of the family's wealth was confiscated after WW II and the family is hugely dependent on taxpayers' money for their upkeep.

Surely getting better CP Masako, with much thanks

:flowers: After Netherlands' invitation for two weeks, Crown Princess Masako has dramatically changed her heart and situation, despite endless Japanese rumors and critics. Then as a congratulational step, Togu or Crown prince Naruhito family will encourage us, among difficult and disgraceful news.

There is a thread on CP Masako and her health is discussed there. Perhaps your comments can be placed there. However, I did want to ask -- what do you mean "among difficult and disgraceful news"? What news is that? Is it about the Imperial Family?

I saw Princess Masako much more happy and quite smiling after her visit to the Netherlands. One never knows, but I think that the Crownprinces are not considering divorce any more if they considered it some time ago...

Vanesa.

Rather unkind comments, than news perhaps...

Emily said:
what do you mean "among difficult and disgraceful news"? What news is that? Is it about the Imperial Family?

Principally, "bad-divorce-will" has been disappeared among anti-CP Masako groups very fortunately. However now, Akishino prince's son is participating to next-next Emperor race very oddly, which encourages her enemy groups to create disadvantages.

In anyway, Crown Prince Naruhito family will be a nice and cheerful family model in Japan, as well as Emperor and Michiko Empress.:wub:

Thanks, Vanesa

Vanesa said:
I saw Princess Masako much more happy and quite smiling after her visit to the Netherlands. Vanesa.

I think CP Masako has almostly overcome her mental difficulties at the Netherlands-rest, as you say. Perhaps, her continental and open-mind behavior has stimulated her enemy-sentiments, according to their old and very closed way of thinking.

Togu family seems to have got their "Sure Solidarity" without fail, after "unresonable divorce rumors" and uncountalbe bassings.;)

Masako is lucky enough to be married to a man who stood by her and happy to be with her, keeping his family intact. I wish them the best of luck.

The divorce rumors are just baseless. Masako is getting better and Prince Naruhito have always stood by his wife's side, privately and publicly. This is a family with such strong bonds. I don't see it happening.

CP Naruhito!

Yes, CP Naruhito has really and rarely struggled against IHA power, in order to save and protect her heart and soul. It was just his word at their engagement, and done it. However it was unpermissible scandal, for feudalistic establishment.

I think "rumors" like this get planted:bang: by people who would *like* to see Naruhito and Masako divorce, but the reality is that he seems very loyal to her and totally devoted. True, even great marriages can go sour but I think for the Japanese CP couple, theirs is pretty stable.

Thanks again, Jackswife!

Jackswife said:
True, even great marriages can go sour but I think for the Japanese CP couple, theirs is pretty stable.

We are so happy to meet you such... "Great marriages can go sour..." has really deeply touched me.:wacko:

mysunshine said:
Would you explain more, please?:rolleyes:

Mysunshine,

I sent you a private message on this; sorry I just read this thread again now.

I firmly believe that Masako is getting better so the road ahead for the this family will be smoother. I just love how they are together! :flowers:

Maybe this has been asked elsewhere, but why can't the Imperial Family just get rid of the IHA? Don't they have some authority over them? Why is Japan the only country that has an agency that can get away with cruel treatment towards its' royal family?

Really good question, RublyPrincess168!

RubyPrincess168 said:
Maybe this has been asked elsewhere, but why can't the Imperial Family just get rid of the IHA? Don't they have some authority over them? Why is Japan the only country that has an agency that can get away with cruel treatment towards its' royal family?

Very very oddly, Old feudal establishments have had power & authority, like as repeating custom and so-called Japanese tradition, since Tokugawa-300-year cruel history.

Even Emperor Akihito, who was just frontier of Imperial histroy with Emperess Michiko, is now confusing among the balance between the old one and new democratic frontier, CP Naruhito, CP Masako and princess Aiko.:bang:

RubyPrincess168 said:
...why can't the Imperial Family just get rid of the IHA?
Prior to the end of WWII the Imperial Household Ministry, as it was then known, was one of Japan's most powerful bureaucracies, with large property and financial assets. It had powers which allowed it to operate independently of the government and was directly involved in state affairs.

After the War it was renamed and scaled down, and is now an arm of the Prime Minister's Office, although the Prime Minister must go through ther IHA to speak to the Emperor. The IHA controls most aspects of the Imperial Family's lives, including their finances, and determines their contact with the outside world.

The Imperial Family as a whole may well accept the role of the IHA because it protects them from unwelcome intrusion (but at a high price). It is significant that when CP Naruhito defended his wife in 2004, his brother labelled the comments "regrettable" and the Crown Prince later apologised for "causing trouble for the Emperor and Empress."

Warren said:
Prior to the end of WWII the Imperial Household Ministry, as it was then known, was one of Japan's most powerful bureaucracies, with large property and financial assets. It had powers which allowed it to operate independently of the government and was directly involved in state affairs.

After the War it was renamed and scaled down, and is now an arm of the Prime Minister's Office, although the Prime Minister must go through ther IHA to speak to the Emperor. The IHA controls most aspects of the Imperial Family's lives, including their finances, and determines their contact with the outside world.

The Imperial Family as a whole may well accept the role of the IHA because it protects them from unwelcome intrusion (but at a high price). It is significant that when CP Naruhito defended his wife in 2004, his brother labelled the comments "regrettable" and the Crown Prince later apologised for "causing trouble for the Emperor and Empress."

Can you explain what is meant by "causing trouble for the Emperor and Empress?" What exactly happened to them as a result?

Back
Top Bottom