Royal House of Saxony (Wettin)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am still interested in the issue of the restitutions to the Saxony Royal Family. What they finally get?
I read on Wikipedia:
"Prince Ruediger who is a psychologist,[1] also works in forestry, as in 2003 with his eldest son Prince Daniel he founded the Wettinische Forstverwaltung (Wettin Forest service) which operates in Moritzburg.[5] The forest which is owned as well as run by the royal family, is approximately 1200 hectares in size."
It would seem they have kept the land so. I've read in the posts before that if they obtained the castle of Moritzburg too, they have now sold it back to the state. Nobody has more precise information? Why they haven't obtained the others castles (such as schloss Wachwitz)?
Finally there was the porcelaine collection: they obtained a part of it (they sold in London in 2006) and the other part has remained property of the state? Or it is property of the family, but kept in the state museums? And in this case, the state pay for the lease?

But then another very intresting issue is: how whatever they get was divided between the family?

Does anybody know anything about his illegitimate daughter Marie-Christinne (b. 1956) and her mother ?

Does anybody know anything about his illegitimate daughter Marie-Christinne (b. 1956) and her mother ?

Neither Prince Dedo of Saxony nor his youngest brother Gero ever married. Both the princes were childless as well.

You are thinking of their first cousin, Princess Maria Josepha of Saxony (b.1928). Maria Josepha is the one with the daughter named Marie Christine von Sachsen who was born in 1956. The father of Marie Christine is not known.

mmm, we face an interesting problem!
This site reports that Marie Christine is Dedo's daughter Wettin 12
This obituary of the prince doesn't mention her, suggesting he is childless Royal Musings: Death of Prince Dedo of Saxony
What's the source that report she's in fact a daughter of Maria-Josepha?
What is known about her?

I've become interested in the life of princess Maria Josepha. What is known about her? Was it a scandal her pregnacy in such a catholic family? Was she a kind of rebel or it just happened?

Princess Xenia of Saxony

Link courtesy of member Kasumi
Tantrums & tiaras: princesses on the pull! | News Of The World

Three princesses (Aaliya of Balasinor in India, Sheillah Cindrellah of Buganda and Xenia of Saxony) will appear in a BBC3 show called "Undercover Princesses".

excerpts...

"Princess Xenia Florence Gabriela Sophie Iris of Saxony goes by the more manageable Gaby while in Essex.
Gaby, a 23-year-old pretty blonde, is heiress to one of the oldest and most noble royal houses in Germany. But she's worried she'll always be a singleton because she never knows whether men like her for herself, or for her royal status.

Having left behind her flourishing pop career and precious chihuahua, Josephine, at her lavish house in Munich, Gaby is eager to get started on her manhunt. "I only meet aristocrats at balls," she sighs. "They're so formal and stiff. I've had a couple of boyfriends, but they were jealous of the attention I get from my career as a pop star."

Citing Prince William as "very attractive", Gaby's expectations seem manageable - she's looking for someone funny who'll treat her with respect."

NB.. Xenia appears previously in this thread at posts #39-42.

Last edited:
I've watched the first episode and Xenia comes across as very ditsy.
She does seem a genuienly nice person though. :)
Also she bows to most people she meets.

Prince Arne of Saxony engaged?

I don’t speak Germen but from an article I read using an online translator I get that Prince Arne youngest son Prince Rudiger may be engaged; as the article I used the translator for mentions him moving into an apartment in Heidenau with his future wife. Can any German speaker confirm what the article says? Thanks!

Sächsische Zeitung [online] - Sebnitz: Sächsischer Prinz zieht nach Heidenau

:previous:

Indeed it seems like he is going to get married. The article mainly talks about an old factory which was rebuilded. Now there are a couple of lofts between 100 and 500 sqm. Prince Arne is going to live in one of those lofts "Together with his future wife he will move in in spring this year" - I did some other research but couldn't find any further information about the engagement.

I'm not sure but I don't think Arne is the youngest son :ermm: If I remember correctly he is the one in the middle, I think Daniel is older and Nils is younger.

And finally a question of mine, does someone know how his mother died? She died at a very young age, was she sick or did she have an accident?

Thanks very much! Yes you are right he is the middle son my mistake.:) I see at his brother Nils wedding his girlfriend was given as Sarah Schneider.

< sz-online | sachsen im netz >

Regarding his mother I read on wikipedia she died of a drug overdose but don't if that's true or not.

Duke of Thuringia

I hope I'm posting this in the correct section...

Does anyone know anything about Heden (Hedan) II, Duke of Thuringia? Or where, apart from Wikipedia, I might learn about the duke and his family?

Royal house of Saxony

Could someone please tell me if there is any websites for the Royal family of Saxony (Wettin). as i would like a bit of info aas when doing my fmily tree it turns out at some of my ancestors or the dukes of Saxony.

any hep would be great.

thanks you in advance

royal me

thank you all for the info the only problem is that the sites that you have all givin me seem great but i cant speak german or read it lol so if anyone could give me any english sites that would be great

cheers royal me

Has someone got any pictures of Pss Maria-Anna and her lebanese husband Robert of Afif-Gesaphe ?

I am also looking for pictures of Virginia Dulon, Pss Ernst-Heinrich, and of Charlotte Schwindack, Pss.Timo, as well as Pr. Rudiger's wives, Astrid Linke and Diana Dorndorf.

Thanks in advance
José

That's awful and shocking!Pedophiles could be in each family,no matter of money or social status!
How old is she now?Is her father a prince and still alive?If he's alive ,he should be punished

Last edited by a moderator:
Is her father a prince and still alive?
I don't know who her father is exactly, but surely he isn't a Prince, and neither is Xenia.
She is not Princess Xenia of Saxony, but Xenia von Sachsen, where "von Sachsen" is merely her surname, not part of a title.
Both Xenia and her sister Xandra took their surname from their mother, Iris Prinzessin von Sachsen (morganatic daughter of Prince Timo of Saxony), who was unmarried both times when her daughters were born (Xenia was born after Iris' second divorce and before her third marriage, and Xandra after Iris' third divorce and before her fourth marriage).

Didn't she appear in some sort of British reality show? And I believe she has been eager to get press attention too, usually milking her faux titles. It makes you wonder if her claims are true this time (if so, it is horrid indeed).

Last edited:
Yes, she appeared at reality show "Undercover Princesses"; and now, at the age of 24, she has also written and published her autobiography, whose title in English sounds as "Xenia. From the life of a princess in the 21 Century".

Oh yeah! That tv show! She did not find a love though :p
Oh and google says she's been in two other tv shows aswell! 'Popstars' and 'Der Burg'... is she a singer?

Back
Top Bottom