Princely and Ducal House of Arenberg

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Patricia d'Arenberg and Jean-Paul Einthoven attended the "Augustin Rouart - La Peinture en Héritage / The Heritage of Painting" Exhibition preview at Petit Palais in Paris on May 30:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Patricia d'Arenberg and Jean Paul Enthoven attended the "Une Autre Idee Du Monde" Premiere in Paris on June 10:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Lydia d’Arenberg attended the Thaddaeus Ropac's Dinner at Maxim's in Paris on October 21:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Last edited:
Why are the Arenbergs in the German nobility thread? They are part of the Belgian nobility

I have read that Prince Pierre is very wealthy. His mothe was an Oil Heiress. How is he related to the head of he house. All photos would be appreciated.
Pierre’s branch of the family (French Branch) have been wealthy since his branch moved to France many centuries ago, which was helped with marriages to the Greffulhe’s (a wealthy aristocratic Banking family in Paris) . Pierre’s mother, Margaret Bedford came from a wealthy American family (her father was a founding member of Standard Oil) , but Pierre’s wealth comes from his Arenberg ancestors not his mother’s because she wasted her trust fund jet-setting, but I’m sure he received some inheritance from his American grandmother who outlived his mother.

For those interested in some history of the family here is some information and I hope that the link I post won’t be in violation of forum https://virtusjournal.org/article/download/31719/29105/38521

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Gabrielle d'Arenberg died on August 1 aged 101. Born as the first of three daughters of the Marquis de Gerbéviller she married Prince Armand-Louis d'Arenberg in 1941 and had a son and a daughter. Her two sisters Maria del Rosario (1922-) and Leontine (1925-2016) both married princes de Ligne meaning that all three sisters married into the same extended family since also the Arenbergs are agnatic descendants of the House of Ligne.
https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot.com/2022/08/princess-gabrielle-darenberg-1920-2022.html?m=0

Why are the Arenbergs in the German nobility thread? They are part of the Belgian nobility

Pierre’s branch of the family (French Branch) have been wealthy since his branch moved to France many centuries ago, which was helped with marriages to the Greffulhe’s (a wealthy aristocratic Banking family in Paris) . Pierre’s mother, Margaret Bedford came from a wealthy American family (her father was a founding member of Standard Oil) , but Pierre’s wealth comes from his Arenberg ancestors not his mother’s because she wasted her trust fund jet-setting, but I’m sure he received some inheritance from his American grandmother who outlived his mother.

For those interested in some history of the family here is some information and I hope that the link I post won’t be in violation of forum https://virtusjournal.org/article/download/31719/29105/38521
Here's more information on the Arenberg family with a link for those interested.

The family is also part of the German nobility. The Duchy of Arenberg was part of the Holy Roman empire and situated in today's Rheinland-Pfalz. The Duke was a member of the Prussian Herrenhaus until it was abolished in 1918. The family's vast German estates were put into the "Foundation Herzog von Arenberg" after 1976.

Last edited:
Princess Armand d’Arenberg was a big socialite and very beautiful lady from a French aristocratic family. May she Rest In Peace

The family is also part of the German nobility. The Duchy of Arenberg was part of the Holy Roman empire and situated in today's Rheinland-Pfalz. The Duke was a member of the Prussian Herrenhaus until it was abolished in 1918. The family's vast German estates were put into the "Foundation Herzog von Arenberg" after 1976.
I am aware that that the family is of German origin, but since the main branch has been accepted in the Belgian nobility why aren’t they also put in the Belgian nobility thread too? Just asking, but thank you for your response.

There is a lovely picture of Princess Armand d’Arenberg and if you would like to see it please check Vincent Meylan’s Instagram.

The Arenbergs like the Limburg-Stirums are descendants of the House of Berg-Altena through the Counts of Marck.
The difference being that the Arenbergs are cognatic descendants of the Bergs while the Limburg-Stirums are agnatic descendants of them and the Ezzonids making them one of the oldest houses of Europe.

The difference being that the Arenbergs are cognatic descendants of the Bergs while the Limburg-Stirums are agnatic descendants of them and the Ezzonids making them one of the oldest houses of Europe.
Oh yeah, that’s actually true. Have you seen the link I posted?

Prince Pierre d’Arenberg was in Rome yesterday at a party with Sophie of Habsburg and Maximilian of Windisch-Graetz.

Prince Pierre d’Arenberg and his wife, Princess Sylvia recently were at the wedding of Princess Giacinta Ruspoli and Alessio Rossi.

Did anyone know that the late Queen Elizabeth II was a descendant of the Arenberg family?

Did anyone know that the late Queen Elizabeth II was a descendant of the Arenberg family?

To what extent? I mean, the Queen was 'around three corners' probably related to all noble families of Europe!

Yes, through her grandmother Queen Mary she was a descendant of Charles d’Arenberg, Prince d’Arenberg, Duc d’Aerschot, Governor General of the Spanish Netherlands, Knight of the Order of the Golden Fleece (1550-1616) and his wife Anne de Croy, 5th Duchesse d’Aerschot (1564-1635).

To what extent? I mean, the Queen was 'around three corners' probably related to all noble families of Europe!
I don’t think she’s related to all the high nobility of Europe. The connection is through the Thurn und Taxis and Wurttemberg families.

Patricia d'Arenberg with Jean-Paul Enthoven attended the Dinner of the Friends of the Musee d'Orsay in Paris on September 26:

** Pic **

Last edited:
Prince Pierre d'Arenberg attended the Sotheby's Dinner „Hotel Lambert, Une Collection Princiere" in Paris on October 6:

** Pic **

Prince Pierre d'Arenberg attended the Sotheby's Dinner „Hotel Lambert, Une Collection Princiere" in Paris on October 6:

** Pic **
I assume with him is Countess Georgiana Brandolini d’Adda (formerly of the Princes Faucigny-Lucinge)

Prince Pierre is very much his mother’s son. She like him, blue-eyed, loves parties, socializing and jet-setting. Did anyone see the Vanity fair article on his second marriage? The wedding was a big and glamorous affair

SirGyamfi1 said:
I assume with him is Countess Georgiana Brandolini d’Adda (formerly of the Princes Faucigny-Lucinge)

Yes, that's correct :flowers:

Last edited:
Does anyone know how exactly Sophie of Isenburg (Georg Friedrich of Prussia wife) is related to the wife (Isabel-Juliana of Stolberg-Stolberg) of head of the house of Arenberg?

Does anyone know how exactly Sophie of Isenburg (Georg Friedrich of Prussia wife) is related to the wife (Isabel-Juliana of Stolberg-Stolberg) of head of the house of Arenberg?

They are first cousins. Isabel-Juliana's mother Irene of Isenburg and Sophie's father Franz Alexander were siblings.

They are first cousins. Isabel-Juliana's mother Irene of Isenburg and Sophie's father Franz Alexander were siblings.
So Isabel-Juliana’s children are first cousins once removed of Sophie of Isenburg?

So Isabel-Juliana’s children are first cousins once removed of Sophie of Isenburg?

Yes, and Isabel-Juliana's children and Sophie's children are second cousins.

Did anyone read or see the wedding photos and Prince Pierre and Princess Sylvia?

I have seen photos in a Dutch royalty magazine. They left the church in an oldtimer IIRC and it was mentioned that US relatives of the prince were present.

I have seen photos in a Dutch royalty magazine. They left the church in an oldtimer IIRC and it was mentioned that US relatives of the prince were present.
Yes Pierre’s wedding was very showy from the pics from Vanity fair. Members of the Habsburg, Spanish royals, American socialites, some Indian royals were present and some Middle eastern royals were invited.

Back
Top Bottom