The Duke and Duchess of Vendôme: June 2009-Feb 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Thanks for sharing, eya. That's a very sweet photo - looks like there's a lot of snow in Dreux!

:previous: Thank you eya ?
It's nice to see Philomena involving the children in her work.

Reactions: eya
On 11 July Duke of Vendome welcomed at the Domaine Royal de Dreux the launch of the book "Dreux, Cité Royale"

Lancement du livre "Dreux, Cité Royale", préfacé par le prince Jean de France - Le blog de La Couronne

Duke of Vendome and his family at the start this morning 14 July at Dreux of the eighth stage of the Tour de France.

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=b0c12a0cfdfbd4666a0db0f9f8d44b5b&oe=5BD956FE
https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=b6e85b1f714c1e9d5d65854a556ef982&oe=5BE00A9E

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know the Duchess was pregnant again. Looks like it will be a summer baby.

Last edited:
No, the fifth, after Gaston, Antoinette, Louise-Marguerite and Joseph.

So many children in so short a time... it must not be great for the mother"s boday !

her children appear to be born about 2 or 3 years apart... that's hardly a short time..

Just a helpful list for those interested:
1. Prince Gaston Louis Antoine Marie of Orléans (born 19 November 2009 in Paris)
2. Princess Antoinette Léopoldine Jeanne Marie of Orléans (born 28 January 2012 in Vienna)
3. Princess Louise-Marguerite Eléonore Marie of Orléans (born 30 July 2014 in Poissy)
4. Prince Joseph Gabriel David Marie of Orléans (born 2 June 2016)

The other thing that is noteworthy is that the duke was already 44 when his eldest was born and will be 53 when number 5 shows up. The duchess on the other hand was 32 when Gaston was born and turned 41 last month.

I presume the Duchess is the woman in the yellow dress holding who I presume is Prince Joseph. If so then it would seem that she is indeed expecting another child - congratulations to the family. There will be lots of little feet running around their home in Dreux ?

:previous: Thanks eya. It looks as if the family are having a lot of fun after France's victory!
A French family in my road are very excited too and have proudly displayed a large French flag in front of their home :D

:previous: A sweet photo. Is Prince Gaston asleep? :lol:

:previous: Thank you for sharing, eya.
I love the photo of the children drawing together. They'll have quite a big family by the time the new little one comes!

On 19 September the Duchess of Vendome and 44 members of the Proximum committee met at the town hall of Dreux in the presence of the mayor, Gerard Hamel, to sign a commitment charter.

http://www.la-couronne.org/wp-conte...5_10205650803146625_7482024181446475776_n.jpg

Madame la duchesse de Vendôme, reçue à la Mairie de Dreux - Le blog de La Couronne

Countess Maria Magdalena of Haussonville sister of Duchess of Vendome and her husband Count Jean welcome twins of 28 September.

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=67e1af92818223b059b5ef15d3147bf5&oe=5C5C0CA6

The birth of the twins is announced today in Le Figaro. Alfonso and Drogo!

https://scontent.fath4-2.fna.fbcdn....=395530f95c1e9c7a06c30aca5d12a938&oe=5C51EE9D

(From La Couronne Facebook)

Drogo? Does such a name really exist?
I heard only "Diogo" but it's a Portuguese name, not French (the equivalent of the Spanish name Diego).
And what about the Duchess? She was due in the early October.

Congrats to the parents!

If I understand well it's two boys. Strange names…

Alfonso it's an equivalent of French Alphonse.

Drogo? Does such a name really exist?
I heard only "Diogo" but it's a Portuguese name, not French (the equivalent of the Spanish name Diego).
And what about the Duchess? She was due in the early October.

Congrats to the parents!

Her sister's due date was mid-september and she gave birth to twins late (on September 28). Philomena's due date was 15 days later (this week), so if she is late as well, they might have to wait for one more week or even more.

Probably the birth was induced (or Caesarian section performed).
If Duchess of Vendome's due date was exactly 15 days after Countess d'Haussonville' due date - let's suppose it was 15 September for Maria Magdalena and 30 September for Philomena - she is already overdue.

The name Drogo is part of the ancestry of the family de Clairon de Haussonville. I found in Google Books :

Drogo de Nancy, by an Act of Exchange whose date floats between 1153 and 1155, yielded the castle and the town of Nancy to the Duc de Lorraine. In return Drogo de Nancy received the château de Rosières and the fiefs of Lénoncourt and Houssonville.

So this Drogo de Nancy (a grandson of the premier Duc d'Alsace) became the first of the new Maisons de Lénoncourt and of De Houssonville. He is an ancestor to Jean de Clairon de Haussonville, comte de Houssonville. I like this reference to the past by the parents.

https://books.google.nl/books?id=7D...QAQ#v=onepage&q=drogo de haussonville&f=false

Last edited:
Probably the birth was induced (or Caesarian section performed).
If Duchess of Vendome's due date was exactly 15 days after Countess d'Haussonville' due date - let's suppose it was 15 September for Maria Magdalena and 30 September for Philomena - she is already overdue.

Given that according to Philomena herself she was due at the start of October, so she certainly was not due in September. Based on her wording, I am quite sure she was due this week. (September 18 and October 3 would for example fit the description - I'd say the range would be Sep 16-20 and Oct 1-5). So, she most likely is overdue by a few days which is completely normal.

What is less common is that her sister gave birth probably about 10 days late. Most twins are born (up to weeks) prior to the due date instead of more than a week late.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Wonderful news and a rather unexpected name.

I suppose Elisabeth-Charlotte may be after the Elisabeth-Charlotte of the Pfaltz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom