Rival Claimants to the French Throne 1: Ending 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the REPEATED instances of treason by the House of Orleans, MANY French monarchists consider them to have forfeited their claims to the throne.

In addition many see the forfeiture of dynastic claims to the French crown, made by the new King of Spain at the Treaty of Utrecht to have no legal legitimacy at all, and so consider 'Louis XX' to be their rightful King....

There are two claimants for the restoration of the Bourbon monarchy.

The Bonapartes make no claim for a restoration of the Empire and keep themselves low profile. tTe whole claim of the Bonaparte family to rule France is far from traditional, of course.

From the two claimants to the restoration of the Bourbon monarchy, only Henri d'Orléans has a claim to be taken au sérieux. Not only is he a direct descendant in the male lineage of the last King of France, he is also the most senior male Bourbon with respect to the separation of the House de Bourbon into a French and a Spanish branch (Treaty of Utrecht).

The direct male line from the last King of France to Gaston d'Orléans (2009):

Louis-Philippe I d'Orléans, Roi des Français (1773-1850)
x Princesse Marie-Amélie Thérèse de Bourbon-Deux Siciles (1782-1866)
= Prince Ferdinand Philippe Louis Charles Éric Rosalino d'Orléans

Prince Ferdinand Philippe Louis Charles Éric Rosalino d'Orléans (1810-1842)
x Hélène Louise Elisabeth, Duchesse de Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1814-1858)
= Prince Robert Philippe Louis Eugène Ferdinand d'Orléans

Prince Robert Philippe Louis Eugène Ferdinand d'Orléans (1840-1910)
x Princesse Françoise Marie Amélie d’Orléans (1844-1925)
= Prince Jean Pierre Clément Marie d'Orléans

Prince Jean Pierre Clément Marie d'Orléans (1874-1940)
x Princesse Isabelle Marie Laure d’Orléans (1878-1961)
= Prince Henri Robert Ferdinand Marie Louis Philippe d'Orléans

Prince Henri Robert Ferdinand Marie Louis Philippe d'Orléans (1908-1999)
x Princesse Isabelle Marie Amélie Louise Victoire Thérèse Jeanne d'Orléans-Bragance (1911-1999)
= Prince Henri Philippe Pierre Marie d'Orléans

Prince Henri Philippe Pierre Marie d'Orléans (1933)
x Marie Thérèse Nadejda Albertine Rosa Philippine Margarethe Christine Hélène Josepha Martina Leopoldine, Duchesse de Württemberg (1934)
= Prince Jean Charles Pierre Marie d'Orléans

Prince Jean Charles Pierre Marie d'Orléans (1965)
x Doña María Magdalena Philomena Juliana Johanna de Tornos y Steinhart (1977)
= Prince Gaston Louis Antoine Marie d'Orléans

Thirst at all you doing great job with the genealogy. Second you say that the Prince Henri is the rightful heir to the French throne right? What about Duke of Anjou? What is the general opinion between French monarchist?

Thirst at all you doing great job with the genealogy. Second you say that the Prince Henri is the rightful heir to the French throne right? What about Duke of Anjou? What is the general opinion between French monarchist?

In essence the difference is:

Luis-Alfonso:
"I am the rightful King of France because I am the most senior of all Bourbons".

Henri:
"I am the rightful King of France because I am the direct heir of the last King".

When the Bourbons inherited the strongest claim to the Spanish throne, the claim was passed to a younger son who became Felipe V de Borbón, Rey de España. The strict separation of the French and Spanish thrones was formalized in the Treaty of Utrecht in 1714. This was the start of a formal split of the Bourbons into a French and a Spanish branch. Later the Spanish branch was furtherer split via similar international treaties to separate the Spanish throne from the Two Sicilies and from Parma.

Luis-Alfonso only has a claim when we accept his rejection of the formal and strict division of the thrones of France and Spain, which was vested in the Treaty of Utrecht and signed on behalf of (and with the great seals of the following attached): King Louis XIV of France, King Felipe V of Spain, Queen Anne of Great Britain, King João V of Portugal, King Vittorio Amadeo II of Savoy, the Lords States-General of the United Provinces (Netherlands).

So who has the strongest claim? Purely on base of seniority and ignoring the Treaty of Utrecht: Luis Alfonso de Borbón. On base of seniority and respecting the Treaty of Utrecht: Henri d'Orléans. In essence Luis-Alfonso says: "I wipe my *ss off with that paper, with those signs on behalf of my ancestors Louis XIV and Felipe V."

:flowers:

Last edited:
Oh my god is the little complex Bourbons. French Bourbons, separation thrones. Anyway i think the rightful heir is the direct heir of the last king and you say is Prince Henri. OK i think understund something i hope.

So only the victors of the war of the Spanish Succession signed the treaty of Utrecht, and not the losers [the Habsburgs]?

No wonder it is of doubtful legality. After the Treaty of Versailles [1919], was signed by all [western] participants, both winners and losers of WW1.

So only the victors of the war of the Spanish Succession signed the treaty of Utrecht, and not the losers [the Habsburgs]?

No wonder it is of doubtful legality. After the Treaty of Versailles [1919], was signed by all [western] participants, both winners and losers of WW1.

If the Treaty of Utrecht is declared null and void, then Gibraltar should return to Spain, the former French colonies in Canada should return to France, France should return the Principality of Orange to the Orange-Nassaus, the former Austrian territories in Italy (Milan, Naples, Sardinia, etc.) should return to Austria, etc. etc. etc. All these arrangements are part of that famous treaty.

Luis Alfonso (and his supporters) say that "the fundamental rights" of the French monarchy can not be changed. Not by the King, not by his successors. According to these rules, the succession to the throne is hereditary, passing by primogeniture with exclusion of females. The King must also be Catholic. Let us take a look to all monarchies today: almost all of them have changed the succession (treating males and females equal), almost all of them have no requirements for the Faith of the King, etc. Imagine that today France was a monarchy and the King was not able to adapt to modern times because of "the fundamental rights" which were once vested in mediaeval times... This is all nonsens. Of course a King Louis-Alphonse would have signed any change adapted by the French Parliament (or loose his throne).

No one denies Luis Alfonso his unique position as the most senior Bourbon of all, but that is it. He is not in line of a throne, not in France, not in Spain, not in Two-Sicilies, not in Parma. At best he is a Spanish nobleman with a dazzling ancestry and heir to the Dukedom of Franco.

Last edited:
But also the Duke is Anjou is not the descendant of King Louis XIV? What you say he is only a Spanish nobleman? He has also the rightful to be heir to the throne.

But also the Duke is Anjou is not the descendant of King Louis XIV? What you say he is only a Spanish nobleman? He has also the rightful to be heir to the throne.

Not according to the Treaty of Utrecht, as Duc said.

There can be only one rightful heir to the French Throne, and he is Prince Henri, Count of Paris and Duke of France.

And because said that Duc it is the right thing? I think and the Duke of Anjou have supporters in France.

Luis Alfonso de Borbón is the most senior descendant of Louis XIV. There is no any misunderstanding and no dispute about that... He is the Ainé des Capétiens.

His ancestors Louis XIV (King of France) and Felipe V (King of Spain) signed the Treaty of Utrecht. The House of Bourbon would get Spain but in turn, they would agree with a strict separation of both thrones, for themselves and for for their descendants. In 1883 the line of Louis XIV became extinct in France. Therefore the claim went to the second most senior male lineage, which is the line of Louis XIII (the lineage of the present French claimant, Henri d'Orléans). However in Spain the line of Louis XIV still continues.

The most senior (legitimate) male lineage of Louis XIV in France

Louis XIV (1643-1715)
x Maria-Theresia, Archduchess of Austria (1638-1683)
= Louis, Dauphin of France (1661-1711)

Louis (1661-1711)
x Maria-Anna, Princess of Bavaria (1660-1690)
= Louis, Dauphin of France, Duke of Burgundy (1682-1712)

Louis (1682-1712)
x Maria Adelaide, Princess of Savoy (1685-1712)
= Louis XV, King of France (1710-1774)

Louis XV (1710-1774)
x Maria Leszczyńska (1703-1768)
= Louis Ferdinand, Dauphin of France (1729-1765)

Louis Ferdinand (1729-1765)
x Maria Josepha, Princess of Saxony (1731-1767)
= Charles X, King of France (1757-1836)

Charles X (1757-1836)
x Maria-Teresa, Princess of Savoy (1756-1805)
= Charles-Ferdinand, Duke of Berry (1778-1820)

Charles-Ferdinand (1778-1820)
x Marie-Caroline de Bourbon, Princess of Two Sicilies (1798-1870)
= Henri, Duke of Bordeaux, Count of Chambord (1820-1883)

Henri (1820-1883)
x Maria-Theresia, Archduchess of Austria (1817-1886)
= the extinction of the legitimate male lineage of Louis XIV in France (1883)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The most senior (legitimate) male lineage of Louis XIV in Spain

Louis XIV (1643-1715)
x Maria-Theresia, Archduchess of Austria (1638-1683)
= Louis, Dauphin of France (1661-1711)

Louis (1661-1711)
x Maria-Anna, Princess of Bavaria (1660-1690)
= Philippe, Duke of Anjou (Felipe V, King of Spain) (1683-1746)

Felipe V (1683-1746) / renounced the throne of France for himself and all his descendants (1713)
x Elisabetta Farnese, Duchess of Parma (1692-1766)
= Carlos III, King of Spain (1716-1788)

Carlos III (1716-1788)
x Maria Amalia, Princess of Saxony (1724-1760)
= Carlos IV, King of Spain (1748-1819)

Carlos IV (1748-1819)
x María Luisa de Borbón, Princess of Parma (1751-1819)
= Francisco de Paula, Infante of Spain (1794-1865)

Francisco de Paula (1794-1865)
x Luisa Carlota de Borbón, Princess of Two Sicilies (1804-1844)
= Francisco de Asís de Borbón (1822-1902)

Francisco de Asís de Borbón (1822-1902)
x Isabel II, Queen of Spain (1830-1904)
= Alfonso XII, King of Spain (1857-1885)

Alfonso XII (1857-1885)
x María-Christina, Archduchess of Austria (1858-1929)
= Alfonso XIII, King of Spain (1886-1941)

Alfonso XIII (1886-1941)
x Victoria Eugenie, Princess of Battenberg (1887-1969)
= Jaime, Infante of Spain, Duke of Segovia (1908-1975)

Jaime (1908-1975) / renounced the throne of Spain for himself and all his descendants (1933 and again in 1969)
x Emmanuelle de Dampierre (1913-2012)
= Alfonso de Borbón, Duke of Cádiz (1936-1989)

Alfonso de Borbón (1936-1989)
x María del Carmen Martínez-Bordiú (1951)
= Luis Alfonso de Borbón (1974), Ainé des Capétiens, future heir to the title Duke of Franco

Luis Alfonso de Borbón (1974)
x María Margarita Vargas (1983)
= Eugenia de Borbón (2007), future heiress to the title Duchess of Franco
= Luis de Borbón (2010), future Ainé des Capétiens
= Alfonso de Borbón (2010)

Last edited:
Therefore agrees to Treaty of Utrecht the Duke of Anjou should not have any claim for the french throne. Why concider himself then legitimist pretender? And what mean "Aine des Capetiens"?

The legitimist camp how strong is in the France? Don Louis Alfonso don't have the french nationality ? I'm sorry if to stun but is very interesting all this.

And thank you Pranter for the try. I don't speak french me to.

And something last and I live you alone I promise. The Bonaparte family is not interested at all for the monarchy? They have supporters?

Charles Bonaparte and his family live in France? I don't know anything about them.They have job?

Oh he is handsome. What he is doing to his life? What you mean the typical "Napoleon look"?

Why Louis-Alfonso and Charles-Philippe have the same title?

This title mean you are the heir? But the count of Paris don't have a son Prince Jean? Why give that title to the nephew and not the son?

Perhaps the Prince Henri wanted to show who is in charge. I'm very sorry but all this are like a soap opera look forward to seeing the continuation and that i say with the funny side.:):flowers::)

And why not Prince Henri give that title to the younger son Prince Eudes?

But why he did that to explode and spanish royal family? For the Prince Henri understand he concider himself heir of the french throne but for the spain? He is so ambitius or stupid?

It is fortunate the Orleans have no chance of being restored to the non-existent thron,. Their perpetual feuding [both 'privately' and publicly [in the courts] does them no credit as a family, and would reflect badly on France were they its reigning family.

Have so right. All such disputes for a non-existent throne .But maybe for these have some importance even in paper. :sad:

I think understant Luis Alfonso. If he grandfather don't renounced the throne now would be the King of Spain and do not list. Whenever the throne stayed doing all it can to not lose. Perhaps the same can everyone else did. And for the hour with the Prince Jean does not have to split anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the word Capetiens refers to the family name, which I believe is the line of Hugh Capet from way way back. The dynasty of the Capetiens.

I don't speak French...not sure what Aine is...but I am guessing he means the 'source' of...he is THE Capetien.

LaRae

Last edited:
Therefore agrees to Treaty of Utrecht the Duke of Anjou should not have any claim for the french throne. Why concider himself then legitimist pretender? And what mean "Aine des Capetiens"?

Ainé des Capétiens means: the most senior male of the whole Capet dynasty. The Légitimists consider the separation of the thrones as vested in the Treaty of Utrecht, signed in name of Louis XIV and Felipe V, as illegal because it would break the so called "fundamental laws" of the French monarchy.

These fundamental laws more or less say that the succession is a Droit Divin (a divine right), which should pass by primogeniture, with the exclusion of females and with the strict demand that the King must be Catholic. How can a man, no matter King Louis XIV of France or King Felipe V of Spain, accept the renunciation of a "God-given right", so is their argument.

Then there is also a division inside the legitimist camp anyway: is being French a condition or not? The supporters of Don Luis Alfonso argue that princes of foreign nationality can still succeed to the French crown. Others say that French nationality of both the claimant and his ancestors is a requirement.

Last edited:
Luis Alfonso has the French nationality as well, but not as son of a Frenchman. He got it via his paternal grandmother Emmanuelle de Dampierre (daughter of the French Roger de Dampierre, Vicomte de Dampierre and of the Italian Donna Vittoria dei principi Ruspoli).

I think the Orléanist movement is stronger than the Legitimist one. Especially also because the last one is connected with very conservative catholics, very right-wing or traditionalist French movements which believe in absolutism and want the return of Catholicism as state religion, etc, Needless to say that this is not how the average modern-day Frenchman thinks. By the way, Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Prince Jean d'Orléans go well together, They are polite and respect each other. They both know that they represent a grand history and show a well-mannered and respectful attitude.

See picture: http://www.sylmpedia.fr/images/2/2e/Louis_XX_et_Jean_d%27Orl%C3%A9ans.jpg
Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón y Martínez Bordiú
Princess Philomena d'Orléans née De Tornos y Steinhart
Prince Jean d'Orléans (holding his son Prince Gaston)

Last edited:
I don't believe there is a male line left from the Bonaparte's. I think that ended back in the 1920's.

No, the Bonapartist movement is almost non-existent. Bonapartism is more connected with a political ideology which believes in a strong central state with a strong man holding almost unlimited executive powers, than with the restoration of the Empire under a Bonaparte.

I don't believe there is a male line left from the Bonaparte's. I think that ended back in the 1920's.

There is.

Jerôme Bonaparte, youngest brother of Napoléon I (1784-1860)
x 1st Elisabeth "Betsy" Patterson (1785-1859)
= excluded from succession because of this unequal marriage

x 2nd Catharina, Princess of Württemberg (1783-1835)
= in 1852 Emperor Napoléon III re-instated his cousin and his descendants from this second -equal- marriage as successors

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

x 2nd Catharina, Princess of Württemberg (1783-1835)
= Napoléon-Jerôme Bonaparte, Prince Napoléon (1822-1891)

Napoléon-Jerôme Bonaparte
x Maria Clotilde, Princess of Savoia (1843-1911)
= Victor Bonaparte, Prince Napoléon (1862-1926)

Victor Bonaparte
x Clémentine, Princess of Belgium (1972-1955)
= Louis Napoléon Bonaparte, Prince Napoléon (1914-1926)

Louis Napoléon Bonaparte
x Alix (des comtes) de Foresta (1926)
= Charles Bonaparte, Prince Napoléon (1950)

Charles Bonaparte
x Beatrice de Bourbon, Princess of Two Sicilies (1950)
= Jean-Christophe Bonaparte, Prince Napoléon (1986)

Ah ok they were hiding from me! <G>

Thanks!

LaRae

Jean-Christophe has the typical "Napoléon look"...

See picture:
Princess Béatrice de Bourbon des Deux Siciles (formerly Béatrice Bonaparte, Princess Napoléon) with her two children Marie-Caroline Bonaparte, Princess Napoléon and Jean-Christophe Bonaparte, Prince Napoléon.

Charles Bonaparte and his family live in France? I don't know anything about them.They have job?

See picture:
Marie-Caroline Bonaparte, Princess Napoléon and her brother Jean-Christophe Bonaparte, Prince Napoléon, pose in front of the painting "the coronation of Emperor Napoléon". He could immediately play Napoléon in a movie... black hair, big nose, typical Napoléon.

Jean-Christophe is an Private Equity Associate in London. Before that he has working as Investment Banking Analist at Morgan Stanley & Co in New York.

Last edited:
See picture:
Jean-Christophe Bonaparte, Prince Napoléon and his grandmother Alix Bonaparte, Princess Napoléon née De Foresta bring homage to the most famous Napoléon, in the Dôme des Invalides (Paris).

Understand the napoleon look you say. And his sister?

And because said that Duc it is the right thing? I think and the Duke of Anjou have supporters in France.

No eya, I don't need what Duc says to know the truth. But I agree with him on this matter (something that doesn't happens so often).

As I believe on the validity of the Treaty of Utrecht, I doesn't recognize Luís Alfonso de Borbón's claim to the Throne of France. To me, the rightful King of France is Prince Henri of Orleans, Count of Paris and Duke of France.

Also, the only Duke of Anjou I recognize is Prince Charles-Philippe of Orleans, Duke of Anjou and Cadaval.

Why Louis-Alfonso and Charles-Philippe have the same title?

Luis Alfonso believes himself to be the rightful King of France, so he uses the title of Duke of Anjou.

Prince Charles-Philippe of Orleans had his title granted to him, in 2004, by his uncle, the Count of Paris and Head of the Royal House of France.

He's Duke of Cadaval by virtue of his marriage to the Duchess of Cadaval, a Portuguese noblewoman.

When Luis-Alfonso took the title "Duque de Anjou", one can see some logic in that as he is the most senior male descendant from Philippe de Bourbon, Duc d'Anjou whom became King Felipe V of Spain.

The Orléanists say: when this Philippe de Bourbon accepted the throne of Spain and the division of the two thrones, all his French titles reverted to the French Crown.

Prince Henri d'Orléans could have chosen out of sooooo many historic French titles. Most likely, out of pettiness, irritation, for the sake of provocation, whatever, he decided to create his nephew Prince Charles-Philippe de Bourbon "Duc d'Anjou".

Possibly Prince Henri d'Orléans was provoked because Luis Alfonso de Borbón started to use the title "Duque de Anjou" ánd the French royal coat-of-arms. Possibly to obstruct Luis Alfonso and his claims, he created someone else -and in his eyes the only one- "Duc d'Anjou".

Last edited:
This title mean you are the heir? But the count of Paris don't have a son Prince Jean? Why give that title to the nephew and not the son?

The title Duc d'Anjou was always given to a younger son :

The 3rd son of Henri IV, King of France
The 2nd son of Louis XIII, King of France
The 2nd son of Louis XIV, King of France
The 2nd son of Louis "Le Grand Dauphin"
The 3rd son of Louis "Le Petit Dauphin"
The 4th son of Louis XV, King of France
The 4th son of Louis, Dauphin of France

Besides that, note that Prince Jean is not the eldest son of Prince Henri d'Orléans. He has an elder brother, Prince François d'Orléans (1961). This Prince is severely disabled because of toxoplasmosis. Nevertheless he is the rightful Dauphin de France. Because of his handicap, his younger brother Prince Jean d'Orléans (1965) became appointed "Régent du Dauphin" by their father.

- Prince Henri d'Orléans, Chef de la Maison de France (1933)
1 Prince François d'Orléans, Dauphin de France (1961)
2 Prince Jean d'Orléans, Régent du Dauphin (1965)
3 Prince Gaston d'Orléans (2009)

The Dauphin and his sister Princess Blanche live in a special institution in Fribourg (Switzerland). In holidays they spend their time with their mother, the Duchesse de Montpensier and their siblings.

Possibly Prince Henri d'Orléans was provoked because Luis Alfonso de Borbón started to use the title "Duque de Anjou" ánd the French royal coat-of-arms. Possibly to obstruct Luis Alfonso and his claims, he created someone else -and in his eyes the only one- "Duc d'Anjou".

Isn't the use of the royal coat of arms protected by law ? Couldn't Prince Henri sue Luis Alfonso for using it unlawfully ?

And why not Prince Henri give that title to the younger son Prince Eudes?

The three sons of Prince Henri d'Orléans were all born in the 1960's, far from the feud with Luis Alfonso de Borbón about the title Duc d'Anjou. My guess is that they never used that title, to prevent eventual controverses. When Luis Alfonso de Borbón assumed the title Duque de Anjou (like his father and grandfather did) ánd especially started to use the un-differented royal arms of the Kings of France (the three fleur-de-lys on a field azure proper), this probably made Prince Henri d'Orléans explode...

:lol:

To explain the differences in the use of the coat-of-arms:

The House of Orléans used this coat-of-arms. Above the three fleurs-de-lys d'or, a lambel d'argent (silver label) is visible. Such a label was used to indicate a junior branch (cadet) of a family.

140px-Blason_duche_fr_Orleans_%28moderne%29.svg.png

When the male lineage of Louis XIV in France (the senior branch) became extinct in 1883, the House of Orléans started to use the royal coat-of-arms without the label. With this they indicate that they are the most senior French royal branch and have the right to use the un-differented coat-of-arms of the House of France:

150px-Blason_France_moderne.svg.png

The Spanish Royal House, despite the fact that they are descendants from Louis XIV and the more senior branch (!), respects the separation from the throne of France and does NOT claim the un-differented Bourbon coat-of-arms.

This is the arms of the House of Anjou, from which the Spanish Royal House descends:

150px-Blason_duche_fr_Anjou_(moderne).svg.png

This emblem forms the heart of the coat-of-arms of Spain:

220px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Spain_(corrections_of_heraldist_requests).svg.png

What did Luis-Alfonso de Borbón do? He used the title Duc d'Anjou. As a descendant of the Spanish House Bourbon-Anjou he naturally should have used the arms of the House of Anjou, like the Spanish royal family:

150px-Blason_duche_fr_Anjou_(moderne).svg.png
as heartshield:
150px-Armoiries_Actuelles_Espagne.svg.png

That sounds logic: he is a descendant from the House of Anjou ánd he claims to be Duque de Anjou. But what did Luis Alfonso? He thought: "Wait a minute: I am not only the Duke of Anjou, the most senior male of the House of Anjou....
I am the most senior Bourbon of all!! The undifferenced coat-of-arms, the three golden fleurs-de-lys on a field azure proper belong to me! These are my arms, the arms of the Kings of France!":

150px-Blason_France_moderne.svg.png
as heartshield:
150px-Armoiries_Alphonse_XIII_Espagne.svg.png

It seemed not only Prince Henri d'Orléans was enraged. Also King Juan Carlos of Spain was most "not amused" with these adventures of his Spanish cousin. That is an explanation why we never see Luis Alfonso de Borbón on Spanish royal events. The only difference is that red cadre around the coat-of-arms, but for royals it makes a whole difference....

Last edited:
It is fortunate the Orleans have no chance of being restored to the non-existent throne. Their perpetual feuding [both 'privately' and publicly [in the courts] does them no credit as a family, and would reflect badly on France were they its reigning family.

Last edited:
But why he did that to explode and spanish royal family? For the Prince Henri understand he concider himself heir of the french throne but for the spain? He is so ambitius or stupid?

I think Don Luis Alfonso and his father Don Alfonso regret the renunciation of Don Jaime. Since his renunciation, the line of Don Jaime's younger brother Don Juan is now on the throne of Spain. When Don Jaime had not renounced the throne of Spain and his son Don Alfonso and his grandson Don Luis Alfonso were now Kings of Spain, we would never have heard about claiming the throne of France.... I think that is the source of the problem.

Since the renunciation of Don Luis Alfonso's grandfather, the most senior Bourbon line has become "sidelined" so to say. They play no any role anymore and that possibly is hard to swallow for them. I have to say that the younger generation, Don Luis Alfonso and Prince Jean d'Orléans, go well together. It was more a clash with Prince Henri, the current head of the House of France and maybe also a clash of characters. His son Prince Jean d'Orléans seems more a diplomatic sort of guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom