Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family (Duke and Duchess of Anjou) 1: Sept 2003-Nov 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Yes she is! At least she has some curves and isn't supermodel skinny. That's nice. She's got a real wholesome beauty. As much as I like Felipe, I don't care much for his choice in women. It seems like Luis prefers them home-grown ;)

She's got to be over six feet tall and they look really cute together. How serious they are, I don't know but he does look really happy with her, doesn't he? :flower:

HELLO/HOLA ... For Julia and Dulce Elena, this may be as close as you get to Louis! :cry:

HELLO/HOLA

Attachments

• FR_louis_500.jpg
    FR_louis_500.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 542
  • FR_louis_500a.jpg
    FR_louis_500a.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 642
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, she's gotta be at least six feet! I guess that means that other woman wasn't her since she didn't even make his shoulders in 3-inch heels!!!

Today, Hola mag revealed that Luís Alfonso de Borbón has confirmed that he's engaged to María Margarita de Vargas y Santaella, his girlfriend from Venezuela. She's 20 years old and she came from one of the most richest families from caracas ;) A pic from him and Maria (Hola) :flower:

luisalfonso.jpg

Another cutie marring in 2004 :blink:

Not many single princes left, so is there any date and do you think there will be roylas at his wedding?

Originally posted by Josefine@Nov 27th, 2003 - 1:17 pm
Not many single princes left, so is there any date and do you think there will be roylas at his wedding?
There isn't a exact date, but all pints to the end of 2004 in Palm Beach, where her father has a huge property B)

I don't know about if there will be royals in the wedding :p But Luis Alphonso was in the wedding of Victoria de Borbon Dos Sicilias (so is probable that one of the members of this family be in his wedding ;) ) and i belive that he will be in Felipe's wedding, so is also probable that a representant of the spanish royal family be in his wedding, maybe one of the Infantas :flower:

Copyright Imagine Scandinavia/Korpa/SC-AD-RN 20009, Madrid, Spanien LUIS ALFONSO DE BORBON WALKS AROUND TOWN JUST BEFORE LUNCH. THESE ARE THE FIRST PICTURES AFTER THE ANNOUNCENT OF HIS ENGAGEMENT WITH VENEZUELA YOUNG BEAUTY MARIA MARGARITA VARGAS. THE ANNOUNCEMENT CAME BY "HOLA" MAGAZINE.

Attachments

• 03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_8.jpg
    03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_8.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 722
  • 03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_2.jpg
    03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 439
  • 03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_5.jpg
    03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_5.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 463
  • 03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_7.jpg
    03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_7.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 406
  • 03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_3.jpg
    03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_3.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 408
  • 03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_4.jpg
    03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_4.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 382
  • 03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_6.jpg
    03_ALFONSO_20DE_20BORBON_6.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 689
online version of oh la, french, says maria margarita is 20 years old and a student.
was that known before?

According to Imagine Scandinavia, they are not engaged yet, but soon to be? I thought Hola had announced that they were? At any rate, pictures of the pair together ...

Imagine Scandinavia - Madrid, Spain. Picture: Vacationing together LUIS ALFONSO DE BORBON WILL SOON GET ENGAGED TO MARGARITA VARGAS SANTAELLA

Luis Alfonso de Borbon, son of the late Duque de Cadiz, cousin of King Juan Carlos, and Carmen Martinez Bordiu, oldest granddaughter of Francisco Franco, will soon engaged the young Venezuelan beauty Margarita Vargas. Luis Alfonso is considered by the french legitimists the Duke og Anjou, claimant to the French trone, called Louis XX and he holds dual citizenship. The young couple met at the wedding of her oldest sister Maria Victoria with his friend Francisco D´Agostino almost two years ago. Since them they had met in different places, Niagara Falls in New York, Beaver Creek in Colorado, Miami...etc. They share same interests and hobbies, like ski, horseback ridding, Luis Alfonso de Borbon was borned April 25th of 1974 in Madrid. He lost his oldest brother after a tragic car accident many years ago and years later he lost his father at another tragicsituation, this time it was a ski accident in Colorado while he was preparing an international ski competition. He studied Business and later completed a Finances Master at the University of Cuñes. He works as consultant and asset manager for the Paris National Bank, Paribas, in Madrid Margarita Vargas borned in Caracas, Venezuela, on March 18th 1983 and she had lost her only brother when he was only 18 years old due to illness. She is in her second college year at the Metropolitan University of Caracas persuing a degree in Early Education. Her parents are Victor Jose de Vargas, president of the Occidental Bank of Venezuela and great polo player and hunter. He mother is Carmen Leonor Santaella, devoted to her her family and to her charity "Fundation Enclave" dedicated to poor children. She belongs to a very traditional family, one of the riches families in Venezuela.

Attachments

• 2600.jpg
    2600.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,816
Imagine Scandinavia - Luis Alfonso de Borbon, son of the late Duque de Cadiz will soon engaged the young Venezuelan beauty Margarita Vargas.

Imagine Scandinavia - Luis Alfonso de Borbon, son of the late Duque de Cadiz will soon engaged the young Venezuelan beauty Margarita Vargas.

Imagine Scandinavia - Margarita with her parents Victor Jose de Vargas, president of the Occidental Bank of Venezuela and great polo player and hunter. He mother is Carmen Leonor Santaella, devoted to her her family and to her charity "Fundation Enclave" dedicated to poor children. She belongs to a very traditional family, one of the riches families in Venezuela.

Imagine Scandinavia - MARGARITA at Family Reunion

Margarita Vargas borned in Caracas, Venezuela, on March 18th 1983 and she had lost her only brother when he was only 18 years old due to illness. She is in her second college year at the Metropolitan University of Caracas persuing a degree in Early Education. Her parents are Victor Jose de Vargas, president of the Occidental Bank of Venezuela and great polo player and hunter. He mother is Carmen Leonor Santaella, devoted to her her family and to her charity "Fundation Enclave" dedicated to poor children. She belongs to a very traditional family, one of the riches families in Venezuela.

Imagine Scandinavia - Margarita's parents Victor Jose de Vargas, president of the Occidental Bank of Venezuela and great polo player and hunter. He mother is Carmen Leonor Santaella, devoted to her her family and to her charity "Fundation Enclave" dedicated to poor children. She belongs to a very traditional family, one of the riches families in Venezuela.

Imagine Scandinavia

Imagine Scandinavia - Margarita with her siblings

Imagine Scandinavia - Margarita as a baby

Imagine Scandinavia - Margarita's first communion

Attachments

• 0159.jpg
    0159.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 719
  • 68700.jpg
    68700.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 7899.jpg
    7899.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 999
  • 33333.jpg
    33333.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 868
  • echoes.jpg
    echoes.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 668
  • plum.jpg
    plum.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 812
  • brazil.jpg
    brazil.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 500
  • siblings.jpg
    siblings.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 758
  • baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 749
  • communion.jpg
    communion.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,081
What do you think about his election to marry with Maria Margarita Vargas. Remember that he is a possible king in the almost impossible case that France returns to be a Monarchy. ?

Firstly, I think she's incredibly young!!! She's alright. She's no beauty queen, however being a millionaire's daughter is a help, too! At least she's not completely heinous looking !!!

Hello,

It's difficulte to me to speak english but I try: if Louis wants te be married with Maria because he love her there's not any problems. But I think monarchy can take good things into a republique. I angry, because Louis fighted several years to be recognize as Louis XX. Now, he isn't make something to France apart from beautiful mass and a engagement in "ordre des chevaliers de malte". What I want to say is if he wants realy to be in charge with french people why he isn't make something concrete. Where's does he make is military obligation? Not in france that sure. Why does he live in Spain or in USA? Yet, he give at french people the biggest reason to think monarchy and king are disgusting as président and other république men. French people have many problems: unemployement, violence, divorce, no confidence in futur, no moral values...They needs a model of devotement and love. The french monarchy is dead, it's right. But the alliance between republique and monarchy is not born. But it's an ideologie and since forever the first ideologie is money and power, not vocation and honour. It's stupid because if louis wants to change just a few he can, I think....like the little boy in the american film: un better world. Is her gilfriend interesting of french people? Could she give his fortune to help french? What do you thing about this?

I hear that they will marry in Palm Beach on november 7th. Do you know if this is true?

In the FRench magasine HOLA: propos recueillis par nicolas diat:
"je suis très lié depuis trois ans avec une jeune femme originaire du vénézuela. Mais je veux encore réfléchir avant de prendre une décision. Je suis un peu effrayé par tous ces couples qui se marient et divorce deux ou trois après."

He's afraid, so I'm not sure He fixes the date of wedding

Of course he is afraid. He has lived his life as a consummate bachelor. Does Margarita care about the French people? Who knows! I don't think the French people are the first on his mind when it came to selecting a bride.

Please do not forget that Monseigneur le duc d'Anjou had a rather tragic faimily life. His parents divorced, his grandparents were also divorced. He lost his brother, he lost his father.
He became head of the House of Bourbon when he was very young. So, according to me, what he really needs now is a happy family life. And a wife ready to love him, ready to spend all her life with him and to educate their children in the holly catholic faith.

Louis-Alphonse was at the spanish wedding do you know if his fiancee was there?

No, she wasn't there. I saw him with an older lady beside him. Which makes me question the engagement. If she is his fiancée, shouldn't she be making at least a few appointments with him? The wedding seems like a very easy occassion as compared to other functions where the onus is more on him.

Wasn't the lady his grandmother, the duchess of Franco. Can anyone send some picture of LA in this wedding ?

Originally posted by Aubisse@May 24th, 2004 - 4:45 am
Please do not forget that Monseigneur le duc d'Anjou had a rather tragic faimily life. His parents divorced, his grandparents were also divorced. He lost his brother, he lost his father.
He became head of the House of Bourbon when he was very young. So, according to me, what he really needs now is a happy family life. And a wife ready to love him, ready to spend all her life with him and to educate their children in the holly catholic faith.
I totally agree. Luis Alfonso had a sad chilhood and I hope his wife can give him all the love his need. At least she seems to be a sweet girl for me

Louis-Alphonse de Bourbon, Duke of Anjou (2ndR), arrives, 08 June 2004 at Saint-Denis basilica, where the tiny heart of Louis XVII, the son of the beheaded king Louis XVI and queen Marie-Antoinette, was put in a royal crypt outside of Paris. Louis-Charles, the so-called "lost dauphin" who would have reigned as Louis XVII, died of tuberculosis at the age of 10 on June 8, 1795 in a windowless cell in the French capital's Temple prison, where he had been incarcerated with his parents before they were guillotined.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50938856...9C30E9B9B114CE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50938892...9C30E9B9B114CE8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp/50938853...9C30E9B9B114CE8

I know that he is related to the Spanish royal family, but how is he the predenter to the French throne? Wasn't his dad a spanish duke?

Originally posted by mari0915@Jun 9th, 2004 - 2:56 pm
I know that he is related to the Spanish royal family, but how is he the predenter to the French throne? Wasn't his dad a spanish duke?
Luis Alfonso's father, Don Alfonso de Borbon y Dampierre, was the elder son of the late HRH Infante Don Jaime of Spain.

Jaime was the second son of Alfonso XIII. He renounced his right to the throne in 1933 because he was mute and deaf. Two years later, he married an Italian noblewoman. The marriage was not equal (but that didn't matter because he had already renounced his rights and the rights of his descendants.)

Alfonso married Franco's granddaughter Carmen. Franco created him HRH and duke of Cadiz. Luis Alfonso is their younger son.

The duke of Cadiz was a first cousin on Juan Carlos, whose father, HRH Infante Don Juan, Count of Barcelona, was the third son of Alfonso XIII.

<The marriage was not equal (but that didn't matter because he had already > <renounced his rights and the rights of his descendants.)>
-> according to spanish laws, the marriage may has been unequal. (anyhow the bride's father was a duke and he wasn't italian but french). According to french laws there is no unequal mariage. The heir of the french throne is the head of the Bourbon family.

Luis Alfonso is not the heir to the French throne - he descends from Philippe. Duke of Orleans, who renounced his rights (and the rights of his decendants) to the French throne, when he became King of Spain.

Emanuela's father was an Italian duke - not royalty. However, Jaime had already renounced his rights and the rights of his descendants 2 years before he married.

Originally posted by Marlene@Jun 10th, 2004 - 9:58 am
Luis Alfonso is not the heir to the French throne - he descends from Philippe. Duke of Orleans, who renounced his rights (and the rights of his decendants) to the French throne, when he became King of Spain..
He descends fom Philippe, Duke of Anjou, not Duke of Orleans.

I will not discuss the renounciation story with you. See heraldica.org to have the full Orleans vs Anjou story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom