Marriage customs of the Royal Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chanida

City
KL
Country
Malaysia
I would like to know about arranged marriage in Brunei Royalty. This's quite interesting issue, as the world's much changed these days.

Hello Chanida,

All Royals are bound to wedlock within pre screened royalty. I believe the only one (if he ever gets married) to defy this system will be Prince Azim. Everyone else lacks the courage to defy the system and follow their heart...
Take a look at the Princesses (HM's daughters) and others. They are all presented with a choice but the choice is pre arranged!

Hello Chanida,

All Royals are bound to wedlock within pre screened royalty. I believe the only one (if he ever gets married) to defy this system will be Prince Azim. Everyone else lacks the courage to defy the system and follow their heart...
Take a look at the Princesses (HM's daughters) and others. They are all presented with a choice but the choice is pre arranged!

Hello Observer08, and Thanks for details me. I am a newcomer here.

As you said, It's all sad for them that they can't follow their heart. How about, in case of, CP? is that pre- arranged?

Also I would like to know about Prince Qawi. Once my boss had meeting with him, and said that he was so stressed as of being arranged marriage and seem he would try to escape.

CP was presented with pre screened choices. His first choice was not HRH Princess Sarah but another girl. Since that other girl did not enjoy good reputation, he was "advised" to choose HRH Princess Sarah. In this case, it turned out for the better as it was not "inter-blood" wedding besides the fact that HRH Sarah is wonderful in all aspects.

Qawi, well I've met him in two occasions but only to talk business. He didn't seam stressed. I do know that being DPPW's son, he will definitely need to follow the rule of pre arranged wedding and in his case, most probably with a cousin. The same is happening with HRH Princess 'Azemah who is currently dating a cousin. This is truly unfortunate for them (I guess) and also not good for their future heirs as the inter blood weddings tend to complicate their personality, etc.

Dear Observer

I like HRH Sarah. She seems born to be the Princess. Lovely couples indeed

I am wondering why pre- arranged wedding is among their cousin?? Like Qawi, does he have to be matched with HM's daughters? And whose is HRN Princess Amemah's date?

Then, they all can't have any boyfriend or girlfriend like ordinary people,right? Oh! how pity! U know, once I dreamed to born as Blueblood or royal family but as I heard the story of royal marriage custom, I've changed my dream :p

If I were them, I would follow the arranged marriage.Then I would get married with the one I do really love afterward

Hello Chanida,

HRH Princess 'Azemah is dating Princess Umi Kalthum's son, at least that is what I've heard here. I am not sure though...Usually their weddings are pre arranged among the cousins, be it first blood or not.
Regarding Prince Qawi, I don't know to whom would he be arranged to, sorry.
I don't think its good being from the Royal Family. Too much protocol, not fun, no liberty and worst: some of them not even the financial freedom.

i kinda feel bad for them. i know it's a tradition to marry within the royalty but to think of marrying of your cousin is a NO NO. incest much? i admire prince azim, his exploring and taking his time to find the right person to give all his heart to.

Brunei protocols are very important

Hi everyone,

I'm really new to this forum. I do have such a lovely time reading the posts :flowers:. I'd like to tell you a little bit about the protocols. In Brunei, adherence to the customs and traditions are what makes one `a Bruneian', thus the protocols must be followed to a capital T. There is also a national philosophy- Melayu Islam Beraja (translated as Malay Islam Monarchy) that's being instilled into the lives of each Bruneian (a hidden blessing!). Interesting, isn't it, as not many countries in the world have such one-of-a-kind philosophy!

I also heard some humour that CP Al-muhtadee fall for Princess Sarah when he visited her school. He did owned a girlfriend at that moment but i assume tht his family rejected the girl.well, if im not mistaken. pardon me if i am wrong. but it been ages i been a follower of brunei's royal family news...

Back
Top Bottom