The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-01-2020, 08:01 AM
Heir Apparent

I believe that Grand Duchess Maria Teresa is currently residing in Luxembourg.
In the videos have shared, we can see that it is in the Castle of Berg.

Old 12-01-2020, 11:22 AM
Majesty

Thank you !

Old 12-02-2020, 11:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
All the videos have the same holiday background an not the Royal Palace of Luxembourg.
Very interesting, clearly she is spending a reasonable amount of time away from Luxembourg.
Old 12-02-2020, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

I've been seeing the latest photos and videos of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa better and I'm not really sure if it's Berg Castle or another Luxembourg residence or not.
Old 12-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post

I've been seeing the latest photos and videos of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa better and I'm not really sure if it's Berg Castle or another Luxembourg residence or not.
As best I can tell, the latest photos and videos of Maria Teresa are not filmed in Luxembourg, but in Biarritz.

In one of the earliest video recordings, there is a photo credit given to a photographer who is based in Biarritz. Each video that follows is taken in the same room with the same microphone clip.

The surroundings are very casual with white walls and light furnishings, nothing like photos I've seen of the interior of Castle Berg. MT refers to this as her "home office."

I can't really blame her if she is staying away from Luxembourg, as Prime Minister Bettel is doing his best to eliminate her position and influence.
Old 12-02-2020, 03:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
As best I can tell, the latest photos and videos of Maria Teresa are not filmed in Luxembourg, but in Biarritz.

In one of the earliest video recordings, there is a photo credit given to a photographer who is based in Biarritz. Each video that follows is taken in the same room with the same microphone clip.

The surroundings are very casual with white walls and light furnishings, nothing like photos I've seen of the interior of Castle Berg. MT refers to this as her "home office."

I can't really blame her if she is staying away from Luxembourg, as Prime Minister Bettel is doing his best to eliminate her position and influence.
I think you are right. Why else would she decide to stand in front of a couch if she would have a large palace or castle to tape these videos? It doesn't look like any of the Luxembourgian palaces or castles we've seen so far. It makes you wonder how often Henri and MT see each other but I guess as MT was reportedly mostly living in Paris previously, the distance is just a little bit larger than before.

Especially the video from October 7 should have included the Grand Duchess if they wanted to keep up the appearances of the GDuchess being in Luxembourg with the GDuke. Him thanking the people, also in the name of the Grand Duchess, doesn't do much in that respect. I wouldn't be surprised if the last time she was in Luxembourg was mid September for her grandson's christening. She hasn't showed up since.

The first video (copyright by the Court and someone in Biarritz) was taped in a different room than the second and third. It seems the first video was taped in the room that can be seen in the background of the second and third video.
Old 12-02-2020, 05:39 PM
Gentry

I rather think that she is not at the castle. The videos and pictures don't make it 100% obvious that she is not at any of the Luxembourg properties but she's probably not because as has been pointed out, it's all done in same room/ 2 rooms. If we look at her pictures and video messages from earlier in the year, it's very obvious that those were taken/ filmed at the castle and she used different rooms (the library/ what looks like her castle office etc) for those.

I agree with Lindy that it is obvious that Prime Minister Bettel does not want her to be involved much at the court in Luxembourg, if at all. Whether rightfully or wrongfully so, I don't want to judge since I haven't read through the whole thread or gathered enough information for judgment elsewhere. But I think she has basically been stripped of her role as consort in the way that other royal ladies fulfill it. She retains the title as well as some minor duties such as a bit of charity work and accompanying her husband to certain functions, though those things are not really taking place at the moment.

It is hardly a full-time role for her, so I am not that surprised that she chooses to spend much of her time elsewhere. Biarritz is a lovely place and while farther than Paris, she can still take the train from Luxembourg (since I believe she doesn't like flying?) Additionally, she can hardly spend all of her time with her adult children in Paris.

I'm not sure she wants to hide it either, since she essentially invited the press, told them they had bought an apartment in Biarritz and that it basically served as her escape, as well as saying that her husband still had many duties in Luxembourg. Perhaps, if they end up retiring there when Henri abdicates in the future, they'll buy a house but since it seems to be just her most of the time, it makes sense that they opted for an apartment. It sounds a little lonely, especially during corona times, but apparently her situation in Luxembourg felt worse to her...