Princess Marie's Maternity Fashion: November 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marmi, that's not fair. It's not a matter of my feeling better but rather just My opinion. I just do not see any "evolving" sense of her style/fashion! I keep waiting with baited breath, to see just a Bit of her beginning to look Royal, but so far I see no improvement at all. Surely she has had enought time to get together with a stylist to assist her....but perhaps she just isn't into clothes per se. Somehow I truly doubt that... but what do I know?

I agree with you - a stylist would help immensely.
Marie's fashion taste seems to run towards cheap-looking clothing - like that little black jacket she threw over the gray maternity dress -what was that all about?
Maybe Joachim needs to loosen the purse strings a bit so that Marie can spend some money on decent looking clothes. I hope that after the baby comes that she ditches the college student look and matures her look -
she needs it.

"all that glitters is not gold"
Marie perhaps thinks that true values are more important than "style" and "fashion"

Even if Marie got a stylist, the stylist will work around what Marie likes and put the look together. Ex, if Marie likes a funky look, the stylist will put a neat funky look together for Marie. It doesnt mean if she gets a stylist she will dress more colorful, more elegent. Depending on Maries style, the stylist will work on it.

The tight fitting blue dress is the same color as the embassy dress and the New Year's gala - good color choice for her. However, the extremely tight fit do not look very princess-like, not at all.

Letizia of Spain is also a petite woman, yet managed to wear clothes that were less revealing, yet feminine. Marie could improve her image as a princess by not wearing skin tight garments, whether she is only showing a slim figure plus pregnant belly or not.

I'm not sure about matching Prince Joachim - what that remark was supposed to mean. He needs some color on his face, perhaps this summer he can get some sun and look a little healthier.

Marie during a solo engagement today

Beige coat for the arrival
http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/eb/archive/00417/No_name_417016d.jpg

Brown dress
http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/eb/archive/00417/marie4_417031m.jpg

Hairdo
http://i41.tinypic.com/xgjqpv.jpg (BT TV)

Marie looks extremely lovely today. I really like her outfit.
The maternity coat suits her very well (I love the colour) and the brown dress (it's recycled, isn't it?) looks cute, too. I also like her hairdo.
She looks really nice today.
Thumbs up!

Last edited:
She looks like a princess! Yay! After pages of ... sub-par... maternity outfits she looks put together and her clothes fit properly.

Great Look

LadyK said:
She looks like a princess! Yay! After pages of ... sub-par... maternity outfits she looks put together and her clothes fit properly.
Wow! Great photo's. Marie has really seriously upped her game. Having looked at a post of Mary's prenancey fashion recently, Marie's oufit today would more than stand comparison.

I really love the soflt floaty lines of the dress although I would have loved to see a neckace to break-up the neckline. She really suits updo's and her hairstyle is really lovely. Having her hair up gives her a softer, more relaxed and feminine look.

Last edited:
Joining the above opinions, I too think that brown ensemble was well-chosen. I liked the coat. Soft beige colour becomes Princess Marie very well.

I too join all the others in thinking that Marie looked wonderful today! Finally!!! Perhaps there Is hope...I loved the coat. It was well tailored and looked smart on her. Well done.

She looked like a true princess today! The beige coat was absolutely perfect, and I loved her hairstyle. The chocolate brown dress was really elegant for a daytime event.

Here's another picture of that lovely coat:

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/263/12914823182932.jpg
(Belga via Paty in Princess Marie current events thread)

Todays outfit looks very nice on her, though not yet up to Mary's standard.

YES!!! She made it finally!... although a little necklace wouldn't have hurt

LOVE it, LOVE it, LOVE it - I think pregnancy really agrees with her, and I've had absolutely nothing against her outfits ( I just think her makeup and jewelrly is a little sloppy from time to time ) and today she looked lovely again.
I'm in love with the coat :flowers:

I'm on impress. She loks wonderful!

Yes,Marie made it today!!She looked very elegant and classy.Coat,dress,shoes,hair,earrings,everything looked great!About the coat:do you still think it's beige?Because I can see a light pink shade in the last photos.

It can be beige but as it is in cases like this it all depend of the light.

She looked lovely well put together, the hairdo was beautifully done. She glows!
Bravo Marie. Well done!

I agree with all the above. I believe the dress is the same one worn at the December ballet, with dark brown stockings and boots to match. The pumps, lighter stockings and classic coat bring the dress to a new level.

She looked polished, sleek, nice hairdo. BRAVO.

I LOVED her hair. Her dress fit better than most of the other ones she has worn before. The color of the dress and coat look good on her as well.

Marie looks great!
She is so lucky - I had swollen ankles when I was pregnant and Marie just looks terrific. Love the hair-do - very grown-up --- wish that Victoria of Sweden would trade her day-time pony-tail for such a pretty hair-do.

Very beautiful hairdo. Best wishes to her pregnancy and the baby :flowers:

Her best maternity outfit! She looks beautiful.

:previous:You stole my words Asturiana!:flowers:
Marie looks great. This is her best maternity outfit, so far.

the coat is simply wonderful!!!
I also like her dress and hairdo. She looks great. :flowers:

Vry beautiful, pregnancy suits her perfectly and she knows how to dress !

About Marie knowing how to dress:well,at least that could be a good start...

Beautiful look. The dress is perfect & I like the lossness of it. The color is a great choice for Marie IMO, it does suit her. The coat is an interesting match, though I think its a cheap copy of Burberry (hate the coats fabric, too shiny) looks good with the brown and dress.

Hair looks very neat and nicely done.

she was absolutely ravishing at her last activity, very beautiful coat and a simple black dress that suits her a lot, I like also her hairdo, really she was perfect imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom