"The Queen" by Andrew Morton (2022)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...N-charts-extraordinary-week-Dianas-death.html

The fraught days when the Queen went head to head with her people (and her own son): ANDREW MORTON on the week after Diana's death - from Her Majesty's fear car had been sabotaged to rows with Charles and her bewilderment at public's grief
  • Andrew Morton details the aftermath of Princess Diana's death in Paris, in 1997
  • He writes that early reports suggested that she had only suffered a broken arm
  • Charles had 'wept, saying over and over: "What have we done to deserve this?"'
By Andrew Morton For The Daily Mail
Published: 17:22 EDT, 15 May 2022 | Updated: 17:31 EDT, 15 May 2022

[...]

• Adapted by Corinna Honan from The Queen by Andrew Morton, to be published by Michael O'Mara on May 24 at £20. © Andrew Morton 2022.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...leg-Prince-Philips-reaction-Harry-Meghan.html

The Russian spaceman who stroked the Queen's leg (above the knee!) and Prince Philip's withering reaction to Harry and Meghan's arrogant demands: ANDREW MORTON reveals more eyebrow-raising anecdotes

• The first man in space, Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, put his hand on the Queen's knee while on a worldwide tour to extol the virtues of Communism
  • How Prince Philip reacted over Harry and Meghan stepping away from royal life
  • Churchill put his foot down over the Queen Mother living in Buckingham Palace
By Andrew Morton For The Daily Mail
Published: 17:01 EDT, 16 May 2022 | Updated: 20:45 EDT, 16 May 2022

You are absolutely correct! Shame at times we don't. At least I so admit it through my many years.

well not sure what this means? Noone can see the fuutre and guesses as to what will happen are often off beam. this is as true of royal commentators as of other people

queen

I think it's better to read a biography when the person isn't alive anymore to cover every chapter in her life. I hope the Queen is still going to live long, but reading a biography now seems too early for me.

Back
Top Bottom