The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Whilst I agree that it is great to be able to read many of these titles for free, it isn't always a rip off to buy the book. If you take the example of Grace by Phyllida Hart-Davis, the book contains many lovely photos which you are not going to get by reading the text on line. Similarly, some of the antiquarian books about Monaco contain lithographs and early photos of the principality. As a bibliophile, I feel there is a pleasure to be gained from a book which online can't provide. Horses for courses I guess.

Old 12-03-2017, 10:29 AM
Nobility

If you want to read a really excellent book about Grace, check out Steven Englund. He actually knew the princess and he began to write his book with her consent before her death, but in fact it was only published a little bit after her death.

Old 12-03-2017, 06:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatianacressida View Post
If you want to read a really excellent book about Grace, check out Steven Englund. He actually knew the princess and he began to write his book with her consent before her death, but in fact it was only published a little bit after her death.

Yes I agree- definitely one of the best Grace biographies.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Whilst I agree that it is great to be able to read many of these titles for free, it isn't always a rip off to buy the book. If you take the example of Grace by Phyllida Hart-Davis, the book contains many lovely photos which you are not going to get by reading the text on line. Similarly, some of the antiquarian books about Monaco contain lithographs and early photos of the principality. As a bibliophile, I feel there is a pleasure to be gained from a book which online can't provide. Horses for courses I guess.
It's true, in some cases it can be worth it for a collector's item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Jeffrey Robinson has updated his biography "Rainier & Grace" with a publication date and a new title to coincide with the Grace film.

Amazon

Obviously this has been in the planning for sometime, and before all the controversy about the film emerged so Mr. Robinson, who is a personal friend of the Grimaldi family, must be more than a little embarrassed about the situation. In a recent interview for The Lady magazine, he commented " The writer got Grace totally wrong ...don't tell me this is a biopic when the writer didn't have a clue who he was writing about."
This is a good book.

As for the film, it's undeniable that it took several liberties. As a work of fiction, the film was quite entertaining. If the film, even though it's from the Weinstein company, encourages the person who has never read a book about Monaco to pick up a book and learn the truth, I'm happy. I think sometimes these sensational films, even if not highly marked for historical accuracy, can serve a noble purpose in piquing the interest in a person just enough to go forth and learn more!
Old 01-10-2018, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

I'm getting rid of lots of royal books for lack of space. In case someone is interested in these books (in french and in english with lot's of pictures), please contact me to speak better.

imgbox - fast, simple image host
Old 03-09-2018, 03:18 AM
Royal Highness

Albert at 60.
https://livre.fnac.com/a11245325/Isa...e-et-le-prince

Google translate:
Of all the sovereigns of the twenty-first century, Albert II of Monaco is undoubtedly the one we feel closest to, the one whose history seems most familiar to us.
In our mind the story of his singular path has been engraved. That of a child born of the love between a prince and a star, a man touched by glory and tragedy, head of state, environmental advocate on a global scale, Olympic competitor, husband and father of family.
But do we really know him?
The Prince confided to two journalists during exceptional interviews, in which he talks candidly about his official and personal life.
At his side, his wife, Princess Charlene, and her sisters, the Princess of Hanover and Princess Stephanie, tell here, for the first time, the man they love.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:01 AM
Nobility

Iíd like to have this http://imgbox.com/awGKbqdZ

Just sent you a message
Old 03-17-2018, 12:52 AM
Nobility

History of Monaco

The history of Monaco from origins, Hercules myth etc. and on through the Spanish protectorate, and up to the reign of Prince Charles III

by H. Pemberton

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHVH4B1...tory+of+monaco
Old 08-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Nobility

Princely Monaco XXI is an ebook by Anonymous Author. It's about the House of Grimaldi in the 21st century.
Old 08-08-2018, 06:58 PM
Nobility

I rather liked Princess Antoinette. She had spirit!
Old 08-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Princely Family of Monaco

Grace of Monaco: Princess in Dior is a new book based on the current exhibition in Normandy of the long association that Grace had with the fashion house of Dior. There are some previously unseen photos of Grace including one of her dancing at the ball to celebrate Carolineís first wedding, with a clear view of an unidentified tiara never to be seen worn by her again, plus some gowns and various outfits which havenít been photographed before. It is a lovely coffee table book with some interesting articles from a range of contributors.
Further details below
https://www.rizzoliusa.com/book/9780847865925/

Tags
book, history, monaco, prince rainier iii, princess antoinette