People Magazine Special and Book about the Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Jennifer

Moderator Emeritus
City
DMV Region
Country
United States
The People Magazine special is titled: The Royals: Their Lives, Loves and Secrets
Its about 140 pages & its filled with pictures. They touch on Royal Weddings (& they actually talk about World Royalty in this area), Royal Palaces, Royal Jewels, Scandals & people, etc. I've just skimmed through it, but they touch heavily on the Brits & the Grimaldi's.
The price here in the US is $10.99 & Canada it's $15.99.
I'm unsure if you can get it in other parts of the world- I'm guessing if you go to a International Magazine Store you might be able to find it...or if you can normally buy People somewhere they might have this special.

How long has this magazine been on sale? Thanks for the info!

I think at least a week. I saw a promo for it in the People that had Jessica Simpson on the cover & then I saw another promo for it in this weeks issue- with Steve Irwin on the cover.
I didn't have any luck finding it at my local grocery store, but I found it at a Barnes & Noble near my house...then I ended up going into a different grocery store & I found it there (go figure)

OOOOO, my friend bought that People magazine because it featured Steve Irwin. I'm going to take a look at it...Thanks for the headsup, Jen!

Yes, it mostly features the Windsors and Grimaldis but there are two pages on Queen Rania of Jordan and two of Prince Felipe and Letizia of Spain.

OMG! I just noticed that the Vaduz Castle in Liechtenstein is on page 100.

I wish that I could share these wonderful pages of jewels, castles, etc with you all but I'm just not that computer savvy to upload these pictures through image hosting (?).

kerry said:
OMG! I just noticed that the Vaduz Castle in Liechtenstein is on page 100.

I saw that too. They also included a palace in the Netherlands, Tonga & Brunei- just to name a few. It was great to see some of these palaces.

Mathilde1286 said:
OOOOO, my friend bought that People magazine because it featured Steve Irwin. I'm going to take a look at it...Thanks for the headsup, Jen!

It isn't part of one of their regular issues, it's a stand-alone edition on royalty.

Queen Beatrix hasn't changed much.

Some of the pictures are truly breath taking. Even though People Mag really concentrated on the Windsors and Grimaldis, maybe there are more publications to come. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

kerry said:
Queen Beatrix hasn't changed much.

Some of the pictures are truly breath taking. Even though People Mag really concentrated on the Windsors and Grimaldis, maybe there are more publications to come. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm guessing it's concentrated on the Windsors because Americans usually recognize the BRF the best. Grace Kelly also made the Princely Family of Monaco pretty famous over here in the States. I doubt more royal publications of PEOPLE would come out featuring more on other royals because it probably wouldn't sell as well.

soCal girl said:
I'm guessing it's concentrated on the Windsors because Americans usually recognize the BRF the best. Grace Kelly also made the Princely Family of Monaco pretty famous over here in the States. I doubt more royal publications of PEOPLE would come out featuring more on other royals because it probably wouldn't sell as well.

Sad but true. I will keep my fingers crossed though.:)

I have to say...
I would have bought it, if it would concentrate on several royal families. But this way, it just wasn´t interesting enough for me. Sad.

There was some interesting (albiet small) aricles on more "exotic" royalty, if you will

i.e. Jordanian Royals, Japanese, several African roayalties...

I really liked how they talked about & showed pictures of the royal residences (not just the UK). Lovely pictures of the jewels as well.

I was a little disappointed that there wasn't much information on Queen Beatrix or Queen Margarthe.....I know that theres only a handful of Americans who know about them, but still.

I bought It

I purchase it..and was really disappointed. I should have spent more time perusing it in the check out line :ermm: .

Honestly, you learn more about the royals (and not just the Windsor and Grimaldi's) thru this Forum and magainzes that cater to them than via that special. When will I learn.:neutral:

I'm with you Zonk. What a waste of money!

I think it was a wasted opportunity too. There have been weddings, babies, etc. and the magazine did not cover any except for Felipe and Letizia. They could have shown some of the fashion, they could have spotlighted the weddings, the scandals of the Princesses but nothing. I have to admit that the British do not fascinate me anymore. I am just not so thrilled with William and Harry.

I saw no pictures of Maxima, one picture of Mary, one of Mette Marit and NOTHING of Matilde either.

They did show Masako's wedding, which was nice but how about today events?

Tenngirl

I was also disappointed in this issues. I should have spent some time thumbing through it instead of buying it on impulse and in a rush! While it was nice, and had a couple interesting things, there was so much that was missing. I get more from reading Royalty and Majesty magazines every month at the bookstore than this publcation.

I bought it too, but was pretty disappointed that it didn't feature the Danish royal family at all.

politikgirl said:
I bought it too, but was pretty disappointed that it didn't feature the Danish royal family at all.

For the American publishers, Royality obviously only exists where a) they speak English, b) (have) had an American as a princess, c) have important business contacts with the US. Make that British RF, Grimaldis, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, maybe Greece (MC).

I wasn't even able to find the magazine in the store.

I flipped through it when I was waiting in line at the grocery store. It's a waste of money for me. It focuses almost exclusively on the Britain and Monaco w/minimal mentions of other monarchies. Furthermore, it's not very insightful. It really for the average American who don't know anything about royalty other than the name of a few Windsors and Grimaldis and unrealistic movies like "The Prince and Me" and "The Princess Diaries." The Royal Forums is a better source of information. ;)

I bought it and was quite disppointed. It hardly provided information on other royal families besides Great Britain. I would have liked to see more pictures and articles about the others too.

New Book About Royalty from People Magazine (U.S.)

Hi everyone! I was looking around online today for books about Royals and I found that the editors of People Magazine just put out a new book on April 10th. It's called People: The Royals: Their Lives, Loves, and Secrets. According to royalty.nu it "Goes behind palace walls to reveal the luxurious lifestyles of the rich and royal from around the world." That is about all I can find for a description about the book, so I don't really know how much "around the world" it is. I looked around and both amazon.com and bn.com (Barnes and Noble) have the book, with amazon being the cheapest. I only know of it being in English.

Here is a link for the book's cover, from amazon.com: http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w245/MeEireannach/peoplemagazineroyalsbook1.jpg

I'm leaning toward getting it myself, so hopefully I can tell everyone a little more about it. Also, this is my first post trying to do an image, so I apologize if I did it wrong.

:flowers:

I had not seen this yet. There was one last year about the Royals, this isn't the same one, is it?

If you get it, I hope that you do a book report! I want to find out if it has stuff on the other Princesses!

Tenngirl

I think it is the same one. It has the same cover from last years.

If you go onto bn.com, it has a different cover from the one on amazon.com. I didn't know they had past ones, but if anyone knows if one cover is older or newer, please let me know!

Sorry for the double post, but I just decided to get it. So hopefully some time next week, I can do a book report. ;) I was checking around to see if this was new, or maybe just a reissue, and royalty.nu had it under new royalty books published in April 2007. I hope it's a new one!

Back
Top Bottom