Queen Máxima's Education and Career

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doncella

Gentry
City
Buenos Aires
Country
Argentina
:crown6:Hi people! I would like to know when Maxima got her degree, I mean, at what age, and which is exactly the name of the degree???...Thanks a lot!!!:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
As posted by Carlota in Maxima's bio-thread:

Princess Máxima passed her baccalaureate examinations at Northlands School in 1988.

She graduated in economics from the Universidad Católica Argentina in 1995.

From 1989 to 1990, while still at university, she worked for Mercado Abierto SA, where she did research into software for financial markets.

From 1992 to 1995, she worked in the Sales Department of Boston Securities SA in Buenos Aires. She also taught English to children and adults, and mathematics to secondary school pupils and first-year students.

According to wiki, Maxima has a masters degree from the US. Does anyone know from which college? Thank you.

I would like to ask, is there any discussion somewhere on this Forum about her old acquaintenance to the current Pope? I was surprised when I read this on Wikipedia:

"She graduated with a degree in Economics from the Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina (UCA) in 1995. This private university is governed by a directory of local bishops, including the current Pope Francis, then Archbishop of Buenos Aires and Grand Chancellor of UCA. During her student years, Francis presided over the traditional Mass at the beginning of classes."

According to wiki, Maxima has a masters degree from the US. Does anyone know from which college? Thank you.

By my best knowledge Máxima obtained all education in Argentina:
- primary school in German education style (Colegio Mallinckrodt in La Recoleta, the Buenos Aires suburb where Máxima lived)
- secondary school in British education style (Northlands College in Los Olivos, a suburb of Buenos Aires)
- university in Argentina (La Pontificia Universidad Argentina Católica de Santa María de los Buenos Aires)

Last edited:
I would like to ask, is there any discussion somewhere on this Forum about her old acquaintenance to the current Pope? I was surprised when I read this on Wikipedia:

"She graduated with a degree in Economics from the Pontifical Catholic University of Argentina (UCA) in 1995. This private university is governed by a directory of local bishops, including the current Pope Francis, then Archbishop of Buenos Aires and Grand Chancellor of UCA. During her student years, Francis presided over the traditional Mass at the beginning of classes."

I only know that Máxima met Jorge Mario Bergoglio three times as Pope indeed: at his Investiture, at a private audience with the King and the three princesses and during a State Visit to the Holy See.

Her university is from the Archdiocese of Buenos Aires. It is tradition that the Archbishop of Buenos Aires does the Holy Mass at the Dies Natalis, the opening of the new academic year. But it can NOT have been the current Pope as he was not the Archbishop of Buenos Aires when Máxima was student...

The Zorreguieta family was befriended with a family priest, the late Padre Rafael Braun. He was requested by the bride to do the biblical reading during the Royal Wedding on 02-02-02. Padre Braun did read (in Spanish) from the Book of Ruth.

To show how intertwined Argentinean elite is: Padre Braun (he died in 2017) was the uncle of the current President of Argentina (brother of his mother). On his turn the President knew the Zorreguieta family. We have seen how personal the interaction was, during the Argentinean State Visit, last year.

https://images.nrc.nl/icCSdH6xuGF8c...ic.nrc.nl/bvhw/files/2017/03/anp-50444711.jpg

Last edited:

Just because you have been to a Mass with a specific RC officiant, it does not make you acquaintances. IMExpereince, this is more true with women than men. Especially young women.

Back
Top Bottom