It's a Princess! Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien: June 26, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The weirdest coincidence, I just heard today that my friend gave birth to a red-haired baby boy yesterday! I believe he will be named Sebastian.

Now I'm looking forward to hear the dutch baby's name. :)

Congratulations to the family and welcome to the cute little Princess!!!

I like the name "Sophie Emma"...maybe Juliana will be another of her names?

Congratulations to the Dutch Royal Family on the birth of this little Princess.

Thanks to everyone who posted all the pictures, articles, and the tidbits.

My warmest congratulations to the couple and their families! The new princess looks exactly like her big sister (who is looking more adorable and cute as she grows older).:)

Queen Beatrix, Princess Laurentien, Prince Constanjin and their kids visited the baby at the hospital. Cute Catharina Amalia with her granny came to visit her baby sister. Future queen getting her practice in waving to her subjects:D

Attachments

• 00689295.jpg
    00689295.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 176
  • 00689297.jpg
    00689297.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 156
  • 00689293.jpg
    00689293.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 00689296.jpg
    00689296.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 163
  • 00689299.jpg
    00689299.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 163
  • 00689301.jpg
    00689301.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 201
  • 00689302.jpg
    00689302.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 00689307.jpg
    00689307.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 193
  • 00689314.jpg
    00689314.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 183
  • 00689304.jpg
    00689304.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 212
i cant wait see Maxima and baby come home from hospital

Sara Boyce

:) :) :) :) :D The names of the new Dutch Princess are: Princess Alexia Juliana Marcella Laurentien!!!!!!

Her Father just told the whole nation!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

dutch royal said:
:) :) :) :D The names of the new Dutch Princess are: Princess Alexia Juliana Marcella Laurentien!!!!!!

Her Father just told the whole nation!!!!:D :D

What a great name for the new Princess!!!!!:):D

Beautiful names!!!

So I was right yesterday supposing Juliana will be included, probably in memory of the late Queen...

:D There where speculations that the name of the princess would be sophie emma but i like these names better!!!

there where speculations that the little princess is named after the unlegal daughter of prince bernhard but the news said that princess maxima wanted that name because alexia is the short name of alexander !:D

Last name Laurentien, it is named as Maxima sister-in-law Princess Laurentien?

Yes I think it is obvious that she is called after her aunt. So we can guess that she will also be a godmother.

xxPatrickxx said:
Her names and titles are: Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Alexia Juliana Marcella Laurentien Prinses der Nederlanden, Prinses van Oranje-nassau.

1. Alexia - This name was chosen by her mother to honor her father Crown Prince Willem-Alexander.

2. Juliana - Her father's grandmother was called Queen Juliana.

3. Marcela - Her mother's maternal aunt was called Marcela Cerruti.

4. Laurentien - Her paternal aunt is called Princess Laurentien.

Alexia! Such a nice name! I like it very much. Is Alexia a common name in Holland?

Not very common royal name as far as I know. I know Princess Alexia of Greece, and she is of course one of my favourites. But I think there are some other Alexias nowadays among royals.

Wieske_S said:
I love the name.

I am a bit disappointed in the choice of name. It doesn't sound as regal as her elder sister's. Catharina-Amalia is a superb name for a princess and future queen.

Last edited:
Laurentien also is godmother of second child Princess Martha-Louise:) .
I think after Crownprincess Victoria Laurentien will be most popular godmother of little royal girls.:)

Guest2003 said:
1. Alexia - This name was chosen by her mother to honor her father Crown Prince Willem-Alexander.

2. Juliana - Her father's grandmother was called Queen Juliana.

3. Marcela - Her mother's maternal aunt was called Marcela Cerruti.

4. Laurentien - Her paternal aunt is called Princess Laurentien.

Maby the reason for them to name ther littel girl Alexia migth be that princesse Alexia of Greece are going to be one of her goodmothers.

H.M. Margrethe said:
Maby the reason for them to name ther littel girl Alexia migth be that princesse Alexia of Greece are going to be one of her goodmothers.

Are the Dutch royal family close to the Greek royal family?

It seems as though the Crown Prince and Princess prefer to name their children after close relatives and not distant cousins.

Wonderful name!! I just love the names 'Alexia' and 'Marcella'

Excellent choice by WA & M , IMO

Willem Alexander at the registration of his second daughter's name in the Old Townhall in The Hague, where besides registering he received several gifts for his daughter from the waiting crowd.

Attachments

• 2793983.jpg
    2793983.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 2793991.jpg
    2793991.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 2797440.jpg
    2797440.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 2797444.jpg
    2797444.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 2797448.jpg
    2797448.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 210
  • 2797459.jpg
    2797459.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 2797460.jpg
    2797460.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 2798033.jpg
    2798033.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 233
What a lovely name! And what an honour to Princess Laurentien & the late Queen Juliana.

xxPatrickxx said:
Her names and titles are: Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Alexia Juliana Marcela Laurentien Prinses der Nederlanden, Prinses van Oranje-nassau.

The names sound lovely separately. I don't think it flows right in the order the Crown Prince and Princess chose. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Last edited:
:D I am glad maxima and willem alexander chose the name,s of juliana and laurentien. I know that w.a. was verry close with his grandmother!

Yes, I think I read somewhere that he said that when he is King, he wants to follow Juliana's more relaxed style of leadership.

I love the names baby will receive. One by one. But alltogether doesn't sound so nice as Catharina-Amalia. Just my opinion, of course.
Instead of Alexia I would have named her Alexandra, sounds better joined with the other names. But I think this varies with the pronunciation you give to words...
Regards.

A pretty name! Although Juliana for first name was my favorite. Does anyoen know where Marcella comes from?

As I told you earlier, my friend who I've known since first grade, gave birth to a red-haired baby boy also on sunday. From what I heard today, she also gave birth around 4 p.m. which is around 3 p.m. dutch time! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom