Baptism of Princess Catharina-Amalia: June 12, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxPatrickxx

Nobility
City
Rotterdam
Country
Netherlands
Saterday 12 June, the baptize of Princess Catharina-Amalia:

Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Catharina-Amalia, de dochter van Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima, wordt zaterdag 12 juni 2004 gedoopt in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk te Den Haag. De doopdienst wordt geleid door ds. C.A. ter Linden, emeritus-predikant van de Kloosterkerk te Den Haag.
Prinses Catharina-Amalia werd 7 december 2003 geboren in het Bronovo Ziekenhuis te Den Haag. De Nederlands Hervormde predikant Ter Linden was eveneens voorganger bij de kerkelijke inzegening van het huwelijk van de Prins van Oranje en Prinses Máxima, op 2 februari 2002 in de Nieuwe Kerk te Amsterdam. De Prins werd zelf in september 1967 eveneens gedoopt in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk.

Youth with Baptize Catharina-Amalia

Zijne Koninklijk Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima der Nederlanden hebben een delegatie van kinderen uit het gehele land uitgenodigd om de doop van hun dochter Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Catharina-Amalia bij te wonen. Vijftien kinderen in de brugklasleeftijd (12 à 13 jaar) per provincie en de vier grote steden zullen op 12 juni 2004 in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk in Den Haag een jeugdig accent geven aan de plechtigheid.

Originally posted by patje@May 11th, 2004 - 8:46 am
Saterday 12 June, the baptize of Princess Catharina-Amalia:

Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Catharina-Amalia, de dochter van Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima, wordt zaterdag 12 juni 2004 gedoopt in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk te Den Haag. De doopdienst wordt geleid door ds. C.A. ter Linden, emeritus-predikant van de Kloosterkerk te Den Haag.
Prinses Catharina-Amalia werd 7 december 2003 geboren in het Bronovo Ziekenhuis te Den Haag. De Nederlands Hervormde predikant Ter Linden was eveneens voorganger bij de kerkelijke inzegening van het huwelijk van de Prins van Oranje en Prinses Máxima, op 2 februari 2002 in de Nieuwe Kerk te Amsterdam. De Prins werd zelf in september 1967 eveneens gedoopt in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk.

Youth with Baptize Catharina-Amalia

Zijne Koninklijk Hoogheid de Prins van Oranje en Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Máxima der Nederlanden hebben een delegatie van kinderen uit het gehele land uitgenodigd om de doop van hun dochter Hare Koninklijke Hoogheid Prinses Catharina-Amalia bij te wonen. Vijftien kinderen in de brugklasleeftijd (12 à 13 jaar) per provincie en de vier grote steden zullen op 12 juni 2004 in de Grote of St. Jacobskerk in Den Haag een jeugdig accent geven aan de plechtigheid.
English article about it:

Dutch princess' christening an event for the kids
11 May 2004

AMSTERDAM — Prince Willem-Alexander and Princes Maxima are inviting hundreds of children from right across the Netherlands to attend the baptism of their daughter Princess Catharina-Amalia.

Fifteen children aged 12 to 13 from every province and from the four largest Dutch cities — Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht — will be given the chance to attend the event, newspaper Algemeen Dagblad reported.

In total, 225 children will attend the June christening of the Netherlands’ future queen, the Government Information Service (RVD) said on Tuesday. The children will be selected by the province.

Princess Amalia was born on 7 December 2003 in The Hague and will be christened on Saturday 12 June in the Grote of St. Jacobskerk in The Hague.

[Copyright Expatica
News 2004]

are there any photos? maybe in the netherlands it isn't popular to make photos at baptisms......

I don´t know if I understood you correctly but the baptism will take place on Saturday, June 12th,2004,so there are no pics yet.

i've not read the article, for some reason i thought it was only the notice of some kind of private baptism.. sorry! :huh:

Hehe, start wooing the subjects now, eh? That's a very fine idea. I'd hate to be in the situation to choose 15 kids in my province. I wouldn't know where to start. I'd hate to insult someone. Is this a new concept? It's very creative in my opinion.

I hope the NOS will broadcast it live on television....

I knew, I knew it!!!

Victoria is godparent!!!!!!

Because she is coming to the baptism, that has to mean something!!!

A big hug for Victoria

Originally posted by ally_cooper@May 12th, 2004 - 9:01 am
I think that choose this children is wonderful idea.
me too! :p another time maxima and wa mark the difference...

I think it is a beautiful idea that Willem and Maxima are inviting children from all parts of the Netherlands to attend the christening. Bravo to Willem and Maxima!! ;)

Have the godparents been officially named as of yet???

Not yet. The Dutch court is always late with that kind of announcements.

I can't wait to see photos.

And oooh how cool, Victoria as a possible godparent for the future Queen?

Ahhh how neat!

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jun 4th, 2004 - 12:51 pm
Not yet. The Dutch court is always late with that kind of announcements.
Thank you Sophie!! ;) :flower:

In the newspaper was written that it the Dutch court confirmed CP Victoria is godmother to little Amalia!!

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jun 5th, 2004 - 10:12 am
In the newspaper was written that it the Dutch court confirmed CP Victoria is godmother to little Amalia!!
Which newpaper...and were there other godparents mentioned too?

In the dutch newspaper BN de Stem. Other godparents weren't mentioned.

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Jun 5th, 2004 - 1:11 pm
In the dutch newspaper BN de Stem. Other godparents weren't mentioned.
is this a credible paper?
it seems a bit strange that they do not know any other godparents if they know for a fact that victoria will be one

W-A and Maxima always seem to do things "right", don't they? The Christening really seems like it's going to be beautiful, especially with all of the children there.

On a side note, Victoria must really be admired among the royals to be named godmother by the Norwegians and now the Dutch. They must see her as a good example of how they would like their daughters to grow up. Quite a compliment!

Victoria may be admired, but I think the main reason she's being chosen is because she will be a queen one day. It's normal for these female heirs to have a queen be their godmother.

What time is it Baptism Ceremony?
and
Which channel on ceremony is live?

samitude Posted on Jun 7th, 2004 - 11:22 am
Victoria may be admired, but I think the main reason she's being chosen is because she will be a queen one day. It's normal for these female heirs to have a queen be their godmother. 
And it´s a tradition for a Dutch future heir to have a Swedish god parent

RVD confirms that princess Victoria will be the godmother. Later today the name of the godfather will be published.

from GREMB posted by Henri M:

HRH Princess Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria of the Netherlands, Princess of Orange-Nassau, the hereditary Princess of Orange will be baptized on Saturday June 12th 2004.
The Royal Court sill has not released the offical guestlist, but according to newspaper 'De Telegraaf' HRH the Crown Princess of Sweden will indeed be one of the little Princess' godparents.

Sources around the Royal Court have confirmed this to 'De Telegraaf'. Besides Crown Princess Victoria also representants from the neighbouring Belgian Royal House and the related Luxembourgian Nassaus will attend the baptism.

Some 1000 invitées will attend the baptism, under them foreign aristocracy, ministers and politicians. Besides the invitées many family and friends of the princely couple will attend. On special request of the princely couple 15 pupils from the first year of the secondary school (12-13 years old) from each province and the cities Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht, in total 240 youngsters, will attend the baptism.

And as a 'Thank you for all well-wishes' the Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima of the Netherlands have ordered the Royal Netherlands Mint to deliver a box with all eight Euro-coins from Princess Catharina-Amalia's birth year (2003) plus an extra silver coin with on one side a portrait and at the other side the coat-of-arms of the little Hereditary Princess of Orange.

On request of the princely couple the municipalities have investigated all babies born on december 7th 2003 and this means that the Prince and Princess will sent this special box to 442 babies, born on the same day as their daughter.

More news about the proceedings and the guestlist will follow soon.

Originally posted by xxLindaxx@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:53 pm
RVD confirms that princess Victoria will be the godmother. Later today the name of the godfather will be published.
Thanx - is it usual to only have one godmother and one godfather in the netherlands?

Originally posted by stacy+Jun 9th, 2004 - 6:58 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stacy @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 6:58 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xxLindaxx@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:53 pm
Thanx - is it usual to only have one godmother and one godfather in the netherlands? [/b][/quote]
Countess Eloise had four godparents: Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, Prince Johan Friso van Oranje-Nassau, Princess Carolina de Bourbon de Parme and Sophie van de Wouw.

Originally posted by mybags+Jun 9th, 2004 - 8:13 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mybags @ Jun 9th, 2004 - 8:13 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by stacy@Jun 9th, 2004 - 6:58 am
<!--QuoteBegin-xxLindaxx
@Jun 9th, 2004 - 12:53 pm

Thanx - is it usual to only have one godmother and one godfather in the netherlands?
Countess Eloise had four godparents: Crown Prince Haakon of Norway, Prince Johan Friso van Oranje-Nassau, Princess Carolina de Bourbon de Parme and Sophie van de Wouw.[/b][/quote]
thanx :) so - no rules - it's up to the parents to decide

Back
Top Bottom