The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-17-2018, 11:12 PM
Courtier

The extra photos are a special treat! Thank you.
It's generous of The family to publish the private shots of a relaxed and happy family, a giggly Grandpa and a very self assured little Charlotte.
After a great birthday celebration, hopefully good health remains with them all.

Old 11-17-2018, 11:13 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
The Times has an absolutely beautiful feature on Charles with a large number of new and never before seen pictures of Charles for his 70th.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/magazine/...t-70-vb029l6lc

Of note, there's a third picture of the whole Wales family series that's just delightful. There's also a great picture of Charles looking at some papers in a private room at Dumfries House in which he's the spitting image of Phillip.
Louis looks like such a happy baby, as do all of W & K children.

Old 11-18-2018, 01:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
see one of the pictures is this helpful overview by Hello (although still no pictures of princess Beatrix it seems and of the royal houses I'm also still looking for Liechtenstrein - assuming Sweden didn't attend).
Could "Hello" possibly have chosen worse pictures of most of some of the royals to print? The one of the Duke of Kent was absolutely ghastly...and of course poor Princess Beatrice was shown wide-eyed. I'm sure better pictures of both of them were available (I know there were better ones of Beatrice!)
Old 11-18-2018, 04:36 AM
Aristocracy

You can see the pictures on this Tumblr, if you don't have a Times-subscription:

Princess Marie of Denmark & Family
Old 11-18-2018, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for posting the links, great pics, particularly love the ones with the grandchildren and the one of P.Charles and P.Anne
Old 11-18-2018, 12:25 PM
Courtier

A little snippet from the article for those who can't see it:

Quote:
On a sunny September afternoon, the nickname (Grandpa Wales) rang out around the gardens at Clarence House, his London home. Grandpa Wales beamed as he savoured cuddles with a five-month-old Prince Louis, while a cheeky George vied for the prime spot, clambering onto Charles’s lap for a family photo to mark his milestone (see image above).

Charles was in his element as Charlotte swung off his arms, while the Duke of Sussex larked about, pinching his father’s pocket square, and his newest grandchild tweaked his nose. It was, says Jackson, “the happiest I have seen him”.

“It was lovely chaos with the children,” he adds. “He is a very hands-on grandfather. He was holding hands with George and Charlotte, and bouncing Louis up and down for a long time. George was very happy on the prince’s knee. They have a great relationship that’s a little more established, as George is a bit older.”
Old 11-18-2018, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post
You can see the pictures on this Tumblr, if you don't have a Times-subscription:

Great photos. Charles seems very down to earth and approachable. My favourite is this photo of him and who I presume is Louis. Love the photos of Charles with the children swimming and of him feeding the chickens, too.
I think he'd be a really interesting person to have a conversation with!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 11-18-2018, 03:26 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the additional photos. I can't tell which is my favorite...Charles holding Louis or looking smashing driving the Aston with his shades on!

Old 11-18-2018, 06:39 PM
Majesty

They are both wonderful. I was thinking every gentleman should sport drool as an essential accessory! That photo was so endearing but for me, it would be him in his elderly Aston Marton complete with the EJECT button. And people say he has no sense of humour.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
My favorite photos of Charles are the ones that show him "at home". Then again, that'd be just about every photo taken for his 70th. He's "at home" with himself, his family and his passions. I think he's thoroughly enjoying his role as "Grandpa Wales" and I have to think he's finally gotten the little girl he's always wanted in Charlotte.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iolanthe View Post

Thanks for sharing the link! The photos were fun to see.

The entire family seems very comfortable when the photographer is Chris Jackson. He got some good pictures,
Old 11-18-2018, 08:43 PM
Royal Highness

And some more photos from The Times -

(Just use Google Images. I typed in "The Times Prince Charles 70" and several photos are on the internet from the last 24 hours, saying "exclusive photography special".)

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t83e3QSKI...s1600/tstm.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...EQFGg4vuGAOixr

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...0CXuJ9021LfmPV

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsP9sVAW...g&name=900x900

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...wKWy7o978tYgyL
Old 11-19-2018, 06:41 AM
Royal Highness

Very nice pictures!!
He seems to be a very lovely, downtoearth man...
Old 11-19-2018, 06:56 AM
Majesty

These are indeed very lovely pictures. The garden setting looked really nice and the family photos very sweet. Great momentos of Charles's 70th year. Thanks for posting them.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:07 AM
Aristocracy

Chris Jackson shared some of his favourite shots today and thanked everyone for the appreciation. No new pictures (I think) but a few interesting comments and thoughts of him (make sure to click his instagram story, too).
https://www.instagram.com/p/BqXLX_YB...=1k8fljl2e2m4q
Old 11-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Chris not only did a great job with taking these pictures, but he took pictures of a man I really admire. If I’m blessed to live long enough, I hope I have the energy, passion and the zest for life just like The Prince of Wales.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-19-2018, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles is very admirable, I wish he was king already.
Old 11-19-2018, 05:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Charles is very admirable, I wish he was king already.
I, too, think Charles is going to do a wonderful job as King. Like everything else he's done, he's going to pour his heart and soul into it. I don't believe though that he's in any particular rush to wear the crown. He's defined his role as the Prince of Wales and with his mother slowing down a bit, he's probably got a lot on his plate right now that he'll want to see through to completion and also wants his mother around for as long as he can have her.

He may not be king quite yet but we get a good idea of the kind of king he's going to be.