The Prince of Wales's 60th Birthday Celebrations: November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for posting this milla,:flowers: Many people appear to have been impressed by the BBC programme, seeing a Charles they simply didn't recognise from the usual chaff dished up by the tabloids. From the articleMore than minds, he cares!

That´s why my deepest wish is that this BBC report will be translated and shortly broadcasted in German TV!

There is another question which occupies my mind: These beautiful evening dresses, will they be worn another time? will they be destroyed? will they be changed in another dress, will the be stocked?

I hope these dresses stay
there just so beautiful:wub:
I like Maxima's dress the color, the shape
It's just perfect:flowers:

I think they have confused Lord Nicholas with his brother . I think there was the Earl of Saint Andrews in the car with Lady Paola and maybe also in the photo with Lady Taylor..

Could it be the possibility - if I dare ask this question - that "Monaco" has not be present, because perhaps the relationship of P. Albert to Charlene W. cannot be seen as appropriate?
And what is not appropriate about their relationship? They are both single.
I doubt the Monaco royals were not included. We have no way of knowing why someone might not be at the party. Besides, we don't know who will be at tonights party - perhaps Albert will be in attendance.

I have a question and I wonder if anyone can help me.I have noticed that when a special event like this takes place we often refer to members of non reigning houses as king and queen so and so, like king Constantine of Greece for example .However we never refer to the families of ofther non reigning families that way as in the French, Russian,German or Italian houses.Also I have noticed that some families like the Bulgarian and Yugoslavian were invited to this evening but noone from the French or German houses is ever invited to anything.Any insight would be appreciated.

How do we know that he French and German were not invited?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Constantine was King of Greece before being deposed, so he's entitled to still use it. I don't think his son will be able to call himself King when Constantine dies.

As for all the various French and German royals - we don't have an official guest list so we don't know who was actually invited. However, since this was a birthday celebration rather than a state occasion, I hope the guest list reflected people who mean something to Charles rather than simply a list of pretenders to European thrones.

I think that Letizia and Mary look very old fashioned. They look like two grandmas that escaped from the 1800s. Do not like Letizia's shoes either. Maxima looked beautiful as always.

Was Kate Middleton invited? Sorry is that the spelling?

Last edited by a moderator:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but she and Chelsy David are invited to the party organized by Camilla

maxima always looks so cheap and vulgar.
Her outfit is horrific, ugly shoes and that hair....:yuk:

Letizia and Mathilde look lovely, perfect makeup and hair :clap:

That bus pass cake is awesome. Thanks for posting those pics, milla Ca!

I'm excited for the info we'll be getting in just a bit from Highgrove, but I also suspect that pictures will be limited, just like they were from Camilla's 60th.

They will most likely be worn again, unless a particular dress got very bad reviews (like Mary's) and so the lady won't want to wear it again. Sometimes the Royal women give their dresses to friends, sometimes they show up in charity shops. Significant dresses can be saved for posterity.

There is another question which occupies my mind: These beautiful evening dresses, will they be worn another time? will they be destroyed? will they be changed in another dress, will the be stocked?

I honestly don't know what sort of "look" Mary was going for. She looked like she had been done up by hair-and-make-up people for a 30's movie. And the outfit was almost goth. It's strange, because she usually looks really wonderful. :ermm:

I think that Letizia and Mary look very old fashioned. They look like two grandmas that escaped from the 1800s. Do not like Letizia's shoes either. Maxima looked beautiful as always.

Thank you, Mermaid1962, for your clear reply re the royal dresse. Very kind of you.

Thanks to all of you who have taken the trouble to post all these "interesting" pictures. lynda

Yes, that's the spelling.

Supposedly she was. I wouldn't be surprised if she does go. Her, and Chelsy Davy, since those two have been dating Charles' sons for a long while.

When and where is the private bash, which Camilla is organizing going to take place?:fireworks:

Without seeing the full picture of Maxi's dress, I can tell you that she is the one with the most flare, or daring outfit of the evening. There's definitly something about maxima, heh? Mary will be practically perfect in every way, and Mathilde will hopefully be her old elegant self.:wub:
I was definitly right about Maxima, she raised the most eyebrows in this event, whether you like her dress is a matter of taste. I likes all the royal ladies with the exception of Mary and Marie Chantall, I definitly hope all is okay with her. Having a 5th child can be exausting, with a nanny or not.

I think the question that is on everyone´s tongue is "Is Kate Middleton there?"
We´ll know later on for sure.

From the Press Association: Stars attend Prince's birthday bash

Chat-show host and gardener Alan Titchmarsh was also among the guests along with Sir David Frost, Sir Winston Churchhill's grandson Nicholas Soames, MP, and actresses Dame Judi Dench and Joanna Lumley.Camilla's former husband Brigadier Andrew Parker Bowles arrived shortly before 8pm.

The article suggests that William and Harry were already at Highgrove, but only speculates that Kate and Chelsy were "thought to have made an appearance," so no confirmation there yet.

Well, the first half of "We Are Most Amused" is over and I can honestly say that there's been few highlights. John Cleese has frankly shown his age and though some of his gags were amusing, there certainly were no belly laughs to be had and the running joke of getting the act's name wrong wasn't funny the first time let alone the fifth. On the upside, we had a wonderful shot of the Prince practically falling out of his chair with laughter when Bill Bailey did a skit on the Belarussian National Anthem which was just genius. Robin Williams mainly did American politics stuff which tickled in the right places though diplomatically we didn't see the Royal party's reactions to his gag about Sarah Palin looking like the love child of Ronald Reagan and Victoria Beckham. Thankfully, the second half includes Joan Rivers and Robin Williams in a duo with Bill Bailey so laughs should be guaranteed unless the lovely Joan insists on doing the PETA set with the fur collar, the hickey that left teeth in her neck and the gynaecologist stuff which she first did way back in the 70s.

Part Two : Omid Djalili very funny though very near the mark. Joan Rivers did pull out the old stuff she'd done on the Royal Variety Performance last year but there was some new stuff about Heather Mills which was hilarious and got the biggest laughs of the evening. The finale good though Eric Idle looked a bit like one of those sad old trannies you see in the Didsbury branch of Oxfam. Lovely to see Charles and Camilla singing along to "Always look on the bright side of life". Made the evening worth watching.

Last edited:
Anyone have some pic of the Letizia dress. and the oficial photo somebody has?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom