Prince Charles and the Environment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I fail to understand why namely 7 years are left for actions against the global warming. It would have been nice of Prince Charles' part to explain who calculated the number "7" and how it was done ... and, of course, the only solution to stop deforestation is "to make trees worth more alive than dead". The UK is rich enough to pay certain countries. However, I do not see China providing financial incentives to any country.

A very brilliant speech of the Prince of Wales, very committed with the climate change and nature.
Btw, allow me to say that Prince Charles is a very good speaker!
I'll second that. I can only hope that people will finally listen to him and start trying to do something!

:flowers:

The Prince of Wales delivers a speech at a conference for representatives
from The Prince's Accounting for Sustainability Forum, at Clarence House,
London, December 17, 2009

** Pic ** belga gallery **

That'd be really good if they will let him. He really tries to do his bit. I think he is a marvel!

Personally, I would be more inclined to take him seriously on the subject if he were to more actively practise what he preaches. It's all well and good for him to speak in Copenhagen; but given that he travelled there in a private jet (as did many other attendees) it makes me take what he says somewhat less seriously. Its been all over the media here about so many of the attendees coming in by private jet and travelling about in limosines. With the technology we have today, that whole 'summit' could have been done by video conferencing, which would have saved a huge amount of energy.

If you have an "academic" style conference where people present papers, you could certainly consider having some of it electronically. However if you are talking about a "summit" where various people meet and hammer out a deal (and certainly one that involves as many interested parties as this one), physical presence is definately required.
Personally, I would be more inclined to take him seriously on the subject if he were to more actively practise what he preaches. It's all well and good for him to speak in Copenhagen; but given that he travelled there in a private jet (as did many other attendees) it makes me take what he says somewhat less seriously.
Thats actually quite a disingeneous statement, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Prince Charles is great, he seems genuine to me.

Personally, I would be more inclined to take him seriously on the subject if he were to more actively practise what he preaches. It's all well and good for him to speak in Copenhagen; but given that he travelled there in a private jet (as did many other attendees) it makes me take what he says somewhat less seriously. Its been all over the media here about so many of the attendees coming in by private jet and travelling about in limosines. With the technology we have today, that whole 'summit' could have been done by video conferencing, which would have saved a huge amount of energy.
I'm sorry but I think there must be a limit to how many people you can have at a video conference at any one time. I know that the Prince offsets his carbon emissions from what I have read in the papers. So how could you get all the ministers from all the countries together to try to find a solution. These things are not just one person from each country anyway, so how else could it be done and would it get the publicity and bring it to the attention of as many people? I get the feeling it wouldn't matter what the Prince did, you would find fault, which is sad really.:sad:

Every time he flies etc he has new trees planted to offset his carbon footprint so although he does use modern means of transport he also does it in a carbon neutral fashion - something which we should all emulate.

He was speaking on this issue and doing things about it long before it became fashionable and will continue to do so well into the future as PoW and as the future King (and what a great one he will be because he really does understand the world and its problems and does something about it).

:previous:Unfortunately, we don't have a lot of the technology to be able to be carbon neutral, though it's a lovely idea.

The Prince of Wales can be very "noble" living a life provided him by others. He lives in a gilded cage and has no problem getting what he wants. The "real world", has to live with all the real problems. That he sees the problem is wonderful. But, he contributes more to it that he allows himself to think.

I have never been able to find any mention anywhere of exactly what charles does to offset his enormous carbon footprint. It's all well and good to say he 'has new trees planted'. Where exactly are these huge forests of trees planted? Highgrove? Cornwall? Balmoral? Sherwood forest (joke)? Because we are talking about many millions of trees every year to offset the private jets, helicopters and Latsis Yacht cruises. I say bravo to QEII for getting on the train. I wish the heir would do the same if he's going to lecture the rest of us who mostly have a miniscule footprint compared to his about carbon emissions. He used to travel by regular public flights, back in the years before he started lecturing on global warming. I find that extremely ironic.

www.ivci.com

Like everyone else who so desires to offset their carbon footprint there are funds available. It has been reported many times that Charles does so.
The cost for the flight to Copenhagen is about 77 pounds to offset the carbon emissions worked out by the appropriate bodies.

Given enough time he will be proven right in his foresight. We are just 'coming to grips' with what he was saying during the 1980s, when it was not the height of fashion to mention such things.

Amazing the HRH the Prince of Environment has nothing to say for the last month about the BP oil spill for close to a month now.

Amazing the HRH the Prince of Environment has nothing to say for the last month about the BP oil spill for close to a month now.

How do you know that he hasn't said anything?

That nothing has been reported that he has said doesn't mean he hasn't said anything.

I would think that he is being kept appised of the situation and has asked a lot of questions and said quite a bit but like a lot of what he says and does it is being done through channels and behind doors rather than in the press.

:previous:
And you would like him to say what? Golly gee whiz boys and girls, look what happens when the ball is dropped by all parties involved - including the US government. :ohmy:

I would like him to say 'It is unacceptable that our largest corporation has perpetrated an environmental disaster of an unheard of scale and this is totally reprehensible.", given that he has promoted himself as the Environmental Prince FOR DECADES. No? You dont find this extremely ironic? Or is it only on Britain's shores that he is concerned about the environment? This spill is already TEN TIMES that of the Exxon Valiz and it is no where close to being shut down at anytime in the forseeable future, destroying not only the environment of the Gulf of Mexico, but also the livlihood of many.BP was warned only a few weeks before the spill that there were serious breeches in the safety of the well.

I would like him to say 'It is unacceptable that our largest corporation has perpetrated an environmental disaster of an unheard of scale and this is totally reprehensible.", given that he has promoted himself as the Environmental Prince. No? You dont find this extremely ironic? Or is it only on Britain's shores that he is concerned about the environment? This spill is already TEN TIMES that of the Exxon Valiz and it is no where close to being shut down at anytime in the forseeable future, destroying not only the environment of the Gulf of Mexico, but also the livlihood of many.BP was warned only a few weeks before the spill that there were serious breeches in the safety of the well.

Let's get it clear.

You want the press to report that he has said this.

You don't know that he hasn't said something like that just that it hasn't been reported that he has said anything.

There is zero print confirmation from the palace or of any source of any comments of Charles on this subject at ALL. Feel free to post a link of any remarks from Charles regarding the BP environmental disaster. I await your results.

There is zero print confirmation from the palace or of any source of any comments of Charles on this subject at ALL. Feel free to post a link of any remarks from Charles regarding the BP environmental disaster. I await your results.

I just wonder, why should you expect Prince Charles made a public comment about the issue?This disaster happened in USA not in UK or commonwealth Realms. Even the disster involved BP company, this is mainly the issue between US government and Commercial parties involved. There are laws to be followed and investigative procedures to be taken.Prince Charles is an outsider for the matter.

Prince Charles firstly focuses his work in UK and then seek collarations among nations. He has influences in issues but he has to avoid senstive issues.

Again - just because it hasn't been reported anywhere doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

He writes letters, rings people, discusses a huge range of topics with relevent people most of which is never reported. That doesn't mean it isn't happening.

This same with this issue - he hasn't been reported as saying anything but that doesn't mean that he hasn't done so.

Just because you can't find a reference (and nor can I) only means that the press and other bodies haven't reported it.

Don't worry about it. It's just Scooter continuing her bitter "I hate Charles and he must be punished" campaign. It never ends. Sigh.

Don't worry about it. It's just Scooter continuing her bitter "I hate Charles and he must be punished" campaign. It never ends. Sigh.

I know Warren. I think I will start doing what everyone else seems to do and simply ignore Scooter's posts as they are usually full of same lies, half-truths and plain vitriol against Charles and Camilla even when couched as a question.

Succinctly put. Thank you Warren. :clap::clap:

Back
Top Bottom