Prince Charles and the Environment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'Prince' Charles is a hypocrite. Why are we shocked?

He preaches to us lesser people on enviroment and global warming and takes a jet everywhere.
The man is a century behind times. He doesn't deserve the throne and i hope to God it goes to William.

How would you feel if he took Easyjet but arrived needing time to recover, and even to change his clothes as he would be crumpled? That would be a bad impression for a representative of the British people (and he has been asked to do this visit by the government so he is representing both the government and the people.

Please note that there is no need to put the word "Prince" in inverted commas. It is his title given to him by Letters Patent in 1948 by his grandfather George VI.

He is a wonderful Prince of Wales and the best prepared future king in history. His son, William on the other hand, has done nothing to indicate that he is even interested in the job.

Hopefully William won't become King until he is married and has been able to be a father without the pressure of Kingship (i.e. in at least 30 years time).

He preaches to us lesser people on enviroment and global warming and takes a jet everywhere.

Here we go again and again :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Get a life....

Prince William is still an immature boy who has a lot of growing up to do, yes he is personable, handsome (in a way), and intime I think he will make a great King, it's time that is needed. Prince Charles on the other hand has shown over and over again his dedication to the job, many of his views are now no longer on the outer and while it is neccessary to criticize, when it is needed, this is not one of those times. Prince Charles has a job to do that requires certain standards, that we demand, and he cannot do that while travelling in a cheap airline. He is an easy target for those people who don't think.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't agree more.

I will always take the proven commodity (Charles) over the green and untried (William).

'He preaches to us lesser people on enviroment and global warming and takes a jet everywhere.
The man is a century behind times. He doesn't deserve the throne and i hope to God it goes to William.
I'm sorry that you consider yourself a 'lesser person'. Charles has done more than most for environmental issues, most wouldn't even have heard of of them if not for people like Charles and Al Gore! Far from being behind the times, Charles was trying to tell the world about the environment and global warming many, many years ago!:rolleyes:

Obviously you don't understand the laws of the land with regard to who becomes the next monarch and like many, I want nothing more than for Charles to take his rightful place as our next monarch.

Earth Day Poseurs - The Daily Beast
As we fete all things green, The Daily Beast looks at six environmentally friendly faces who have some explaining to do to Mother Nature. (Simon, Barbra, Madonna—she’s listening.)
Those who live in solar houses shouldn't throw stones, and yet an increasing number of celebrities are jumping on the green bandwagon before taking a look into their own public records ...

:previous: Tina Brown's The Daily Beast is probably on a par with the Daily Mail, I wonder if they have the same 'source'?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:eek::eek:Prince Charles, who is touring the world campaigning to save the rainforests, is selling products containing an ingredient blamed for wrecking them

How Prince's food is destroying rainforests - Green Living, Environment - The Independent

:eek::eek:
A spokesman for the company yesterday defended the practice, saying: "Currently less than five of our products – in a range of over 200 – contain palm oil.
Solution, stop selling the products that contain Palm Oil.:nonono::nonono:

The guilty secrets of palm oil: Are you unwittingly contributing to the devastation of the rain forests? - Environment - The Independent

The Prince of Wales is not known for his love of technology - he refers to the radio as the wireless - but he will break new ground today when he becomes the first senior member of the Royal Family to utilise a social networking site in their official duties.

Prince Charles goes on MySpace for the first time - Telegraph

Princes and frogs are usually something of fairy tales, but there is nothing fictional or magical about the Royal family's latest campaign which features both figures.

Charles, and sons William and Harry, appear alongside an animated frog in a star-studded YouTube film for the Prince of Wales's latest environmental crusade

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-Prince-mission-save-worlds-rainforests.html

The Prince of Wales is not known for his love of technology - he refers to the radio as the wireless - but he will break new ground today when he becomes the first senior member of the Royal Family to utilise a social networking site in their official duties.

Prince Charles goes on MySpace for the first time - Telegraph

Princes and frogs are usually something of fairy tales, but there is nothing fictional or magical about the Royal family's latest campaign which features both figures.

Charles, and sons William and Harry, appear alongside an animated frog in a star-studded YouTube film for the Prince of Wales's latest environmental crusade

Prince Charles and Harrison Ford star in film to save the world's rainforests that needs a happy ending | Mail Online

The frog is cute, but a real princess would have to have second thoughts about kissing it

Pics 26.5.2009

Britain's Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales seen, as he talks
to guests, during a reception for Nobel Laureates and climate
change experts, at St James's Palace in London, Tuesday, May
26, 2009.

Nobel Laureates and climate change experts are gathering at St
James's Palace for a three day Nobel Laureates Symposium to
discuss the connections between global warming and the
environmental, economic and development challenges facing the
world.
The gentleman on pic 2&3 is U.S. Secretary of Energy, Steven Chu.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

What an interesting event. I like to see Prince Charles taking his passion for the environment further than words, I realise he has done alot to change our minds over the years.
x

Pics 27.5.2009

Britain's Prince Charles addresses a seminar entitled 'Facing
the Climate Crisis' at the St James's Palace Nobel Laureate's
Symposium in London, on May 27, 2009.
The Symposium convenes Nobel Laureates from a variety of
disciplines and world experts in climate change.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 28.5.2009

Britain's Prince Charles, right, Patron of the University of Cambridge
Programme for Sustainability Leadership, talks with, from left, Professor
Yuan Tseh Lee, winner of the Nobel Prize in Chemistry, Professor
Wole Soyinka, the 1986 winner of the Nobel Prize in Literature, and
Dr Tariq Banuri, who heads the United Nations division for Sustainable
Development, during a reception for Nobel Laureates and climate
change experts at St James's Palace in London, May 28, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Here we go again and again :nonono::nonono::nonono:

Get a life....

Gosh, Nico....how can it be 'again and again' when it's MerryWolfe's first post? It would be nice if the Charles and Camilla fans didn't attack new people right off the bat, just because they dont like Charles' do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do attitude about global warming. JMO. But it would be nice if we were able to keep new members, now and again.

'Get a life' seems like a pretty rude response to a new member's first post.

:previous: I don't think it has anything to do with being a Charles & Camilla fan, it has more to do with one's beliefs regarding global warming/the environment. The rest of your comments are best ignored.

There is little to be gained by arguing about a post made over a month ago. Let's move on please. :)

I can see Prince Charles' reasoning here. For all their beady-eyed, furry cuteness, squirrels can cause considerable damage.

The Prince of Wales has introduced his most environmentally-friendly measures yet to turn Highgrove, his country home, into a green haven.

The heir to the throne has installed cutting-edge equipment to heat rooms, and provide hot water, at his Gloucestershire estate.
The ground and air source heat pumps will significantly reduce carbon emissions and cut electricity bills. The company that supplied the equipment, Ecovision Systems, will be installed as the tenant of new offices on the estate.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...arles-turns-Highgrove-into-a-green-haven.html

If he traveled on easyjet, he would arrive squashed, crumpled and in a very bad mood! :D

If he had used a scheduled flight, there would be complaints about him using too many seats, etc, etc. If he met the criteria of the naysayers, someone somewhere would still find something to complain about.:rolleyes:

I can't believe anyone would suggest easyjet as an alternative!:ROFLMAO:
Actually, I recently bought some old (75-80's) books on ebay. In Stephen Barry's first book, he discusses at length his travels with Prince CHarles who frequently travelled commercial, without incident, in those days, until Charles decided it was more convenient to travel by private jet. The irony to me is that when he was willing to travel commercially, it was in the days before he was preaching to people about the environment. Now that he wants to discuss how the rest of the world needs to reduce their emissions, Charles and Camilla travel only by private jet/train/helicopter/yacht. I will go get the quote for you, after the baby goes to bed.

So, from 'Royal Service' by Charles valet of 12 years in the chapter entitled Travels with my Prince, page 140: "The first time I really flew with him was three months after I started the job. We went to Fiji to confer independence on the Islands and from there we went more or less around the world. When the last Prince of Wales did his world tour by battleship it took him many months. when we went, using an RAF VC 10 for part of the time and travelling commercial for the more lengthy trips, it took four weeks. We preferred to use an RAF planes because we could adapt our timings. A commercial plane has to be caught. With the RAF we could come and go at our own pace". Later the same chapter page 145: "When we flew commercial it was quite different. These flights were rather boring. The Prince never drinks so none of the rest of us would take advantage of all that lovely free first class champagne. Also, people dont realize until they get to the airport who is going to be travelling with them. It only dawns when the full fare paying passengers get irritated when the plane is late leaving....Just to calm everyone down, when we did take off, the Captain always apologized for the delay and then said "As a consolation and with the compliments of the airline, may we offer you an open bar....For these reasons we did try to use RAF planes. Traveling commercial throws a lot of people into confusion and ruins the bar profits...A lot of surprised first class passengers have found themselves sitting next to the Prince passengers, and it creates a very silent flight with everyone on their best behavior...Of course, people are still pleased to have seen him in the flesh. And when he leaves, he pops his head through the curtains to where the second class passengers sit so that they can get a look at him too.I must say working for him gave me some spectacular treats. Once we flew the Concorde to New York just to go to the ballet and came right back again. Another time we flew from Vancouver to Florida to play polo at the new Wellington Club complex.'
This type of behavior combined with the more recent examples Camilla's gas guzzling yacht trips and her having her shoes that she forgot at highgrove flown out to the persian gulf, only to decide against wearing them, gives me a strong Do-As-I-Say-Not-As-I-Do vibe from Charles. When it is less than convenient for him, global warming is way down the list. He obviously had no touble travelling commercial for many years. Needless to say, this is IMO and that the above bolding is mine.

that shoe story of Camilla sounds bad, and it is a recent one too.:eek:

when I told someone that I liked Charles and all he did I was told it was all carefully managed PR. The Duchy stuff do not harm him financially nor morally (the cookies and his his raspberry and lime jam are great:flowers:). Being involved in farming responsibly and having the power to do it would make anyone feel good. So I think he is sincere.

His flying concorde to see a ballet is I suppose normal for him and a small group of people so does not :eek: me and that must have been long ago.

Sweet detail about his showing his face to the second class.
(I remember someone telling me that she told a little girl to go inside her house while she was playing because Juliana, the Dutch queen was coming to visit. I always thought it is part of their duty to be looked at esp. by children :))

Back
Top Bottom