General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to know they share their inner child and embrace the wonders of life like learning to read.

I never cease to be amazed at the length Charles goes to recognise the different faiths in the UK. Learning the speach in the language of the Sikhs takes that respect and inclusiveness just that much further.

Nice message.
The Sikh community provided hundreds of meals in the midst of the Australian bushfires just weeks ago - and now are rallying to help feed the vulnerable during this Covid-19 catastrophe.
Who better than The Prince of Wales to shine a light on their generosity.

:previous: The Sikh community here in London have always been very charitable. There is a Sikh organisation (maybe the same people Charles was mentioning) in the city centre that give out free hot meals to the homeless in ordinary world circumstances. They always have very long queues and make the food on the spot inside a van whenever I see them. Vand Chhakna (giving to others) is a key Sikh teaching and it is considered a religious duty to be selfless.

Beautiful statement ....we should treat every day as Earth Day as it’s the only home we have

Charles' Earth Day 2020 message was simple and true.

Politicians and developers don't quite value the message in their decisions made all over the planet. If only it were mandatory to consult David Attenborough more often...

Caring for the health of our fellow citizens is fundamental. Be it keeping the water and air quality clean or supporting the NHS and those in our hospitals.

Last edited:
Who would think that the almost draconian measures taken in a fight against a killer pandemic there would be a positive effect on the environment. Cleaner air has enabled the Himalayas to be seen from over 100 miles away, a sight that hasn't been seen in over 30 years. Or the canals of Venice clean and clear enough to see fish. Who knew there were fish there.

I spent Earthday watching in wonder as Fantails fluttered around the trees outside my lounge windows and birdsong from other native birds I couldn't remember drifting through my windows. I will miss it when we lift the lockdown as the noise ps the traffic drives most back to the countryside.

It really gives you a clear illustration of what Charles has spent his life campaigning for and was trashed by the media and called a tree-hugging nutter. His advocacy for clean air and clean water has caused him to be seen as somehow not quite stable or proper enough to be seen as the Heir to the throne.

Time and the light of day have proved the validity of his so-called new age thinking.

HRH The Prince of wales pays tribute to the British Asian community for its 'wonderful work' during the coronavirus emergency in the UK.

HRH The Prince of Wales released a video to mark the start of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.

This is something that really enhances my opinion of Charles, the man. He is openly supportive and understanding and respectful of all faiths. Its not only religious tolerance but with Charles, its religious acceptance.

I really do wonder if anything pertaining to Charles' coronation will be adapted to reflect this. I think it would be a beautiful thing to do. ?

Camilla's been taking phone calls on Silver Line, which is a telephone helpline for older people struggling with loneliness.

This is something that really enhances my opinion of Charles, the man. He is openly supportive and understanding and respectful of all faiths. Its not only religious tolerance but with Charles, its religious acceptance.

I really do wonder if anything pertaining to Charles' coronation will be adapted to reflect this. I think it would be a beautiful thing to do. ?

I agree, and that would be wonderful !

Alison:

Camilla's been taking phone calls on Silver Line, which is a telephone helpline for older people struggling with loneliness.

Aww, that’s beautiful. Camilla (and Charles) is so empathetic; the virus has stolen so much from everyone, both physically and emotionally. Humans are a social animal - even the most introverted of us (like me, lol); we’re not meant to be so isolated.

Last edited:
Both Charles and Camilla have done a wonderful job of keeping touch with not just their patronages but just people in general during this.

I love that Camilla has been volunteering with the phone line. Seniors being closed in right now without company is hard. Having a line to reach out on in these times is so important. Great to see Camilla helping out with it.

Wonderful video of Charles for Ramadan. He has always shown a good knowledge of other faiths and great respect for them as well. :flowers:

Given the hostile attitude towards the Muslim community that has been going on in some places here in England over the past few years; I'm glad that Charles took part in this event!

Charles is always inclusive of the main religions of those in both the UK and the Commonwealth. It's not just that he ticks off the boxes, he knows the leaders of each in the UK and has studied enough to know and respect both they and their flock.

They are citizens and as much his mother's subjects as he is. Respect really does go both ways and we all bleed red when cut.

Given the hostile attitude towards the Muslim community that has been going on in some places here in England over the past few years; I'm glad that Charles took part in this event!

Charles is always inclusive of the main religions of those in both the UK and the Commonwealth. It's not just that he ticks off the boxes, he knows the leaders of each in the UK and has studied enough to know and respect both they and their flock.

They are citizens and as much his mother's subjects as he is. Respect really does go both ways and we all bleed red when cut.

I have to agree with Marg. Charles does a lot to promote and encourage religious diversity across the UK, and has done a lot of work in the multi-faith sphere. He has close working links with the heads of the various religious faiths in the UK, and meets with them on an ongoing basis.

I tend to think that Charles doesn't just embrace and work with other faiths but also that, over the years, he has delved into the different faiths for his own self and has come away valuing what each faith has that beautiful and adds to his own spiritual needs. Of course he remains CoE but finds worth and truth and solace everywhere. I believe this is reflected in his gardens at Highgrove.

Y'know, I can actually picture Charles as a Druid too. He's very much a man of nature. This isn't a man that is just giving lip service but is actually a very spiritual man and I admire that.

I have to agree with Marg. Charles does a lot to promote and encourage religious diversity across the UK, and has done a lot of work in the multi-faith sphere. He has close working links with the heads of the various religious faiths in the UK, and meets with them on an ongoing basis.

And I didn't say that he hadn't. I was simply expressing my pleasure at seeing him there.

This is going to be beautiful and powerful.......and, for the Queen, especially poignant. In fact, I'm editing this now as I just read that HM will be delivering a speech on that day at 9pm, which will be exactly the same time that her father, George VI, gave a radio address to announce Allied victory.

PRINCE CHARLES will mark the 75th anniversary of VE Day by giving the public a unique insight into late King George VI's diary.

The entry, dated May 8 1945, describes several events that took place on the momentous day, including The Royal Family’s iconic Buckingham Palace balcony appearances.

King George VI led the Royal Family in boosting Briton's morale during the blitz and throughout the long war.

The late monarch famously visited East London with the Queen Mother to see with his eyes the devastation caused by the German raids.

Prince Charles has often publicly read extracts from poignant speeches, diaries and poems to mark important events.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...-george-vi-diary-prince-of-wales-read-extract

Last edited:
This is something that i will look forwards to as I greatly admire King George VI. We see him reflected so often in his daughter and know that she's learned everything that she can from her father. Both King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother were not just king and queen but living, breathing examples of the British people facing the devastation of war with courage, fortitude and solidarity.

To hear King George VI's own words as he describes VE day is going to be monumental and actually serve to strengthen and reinforce the British morale during the time of this pandemic.

This is something that i will look forwards to as I greatly admire King George VI. We see him reflected so often in his daughter and know that she's learned everything that she can from her father. Both King George VI and Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother were not just king and queen but living, breathing examples of the British people facing the devastation of war with courage, fortitude and solidarity.

To hear King George VI's own words as he describes VE day is going to be monumental and actually serve to strengthen and reinforce the British morale during the time of this pandemic.

George VI is my favorite Royal - I adore him. I get rather emotional when I think about how much HM still loves and thinks about him; her reign is a real reflection of his character and values almost as much as it is of hers.

I know many people have mixed feelings about the Queen Mother, but she adored her Bertie, and she truly believed in him. Their little family was wonderful - such a rock that he could lean on.

I know Charles has always regretted that he never got to know his grandpa, and that he only has one real memory of him, so I think this will be emotional for him (as well as for the Queen)

Prince Charles has called for action to stop coronavirus spreading to refugee camps.

Wonderful article on Charles and Camilla...

In the meantime, Charles and Camilla have built a life that is truly their own, as well as one that meets their families’ approval. In 2012, Queen Elizabeth II gave her daughter-in-law a public sign of acceptance: the rank of dame grand cross of the Royal Victorian Order, an award made personally by the Queen “for services to the Sovereign.”

https://www.macleans.ca/royalty/its...organic&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1588715748

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent article. I completely agree.

Charles reading from George VI diary was wonderful and so moving; I’m sure he felt close to his grandfather while reading those poignant words. That last line, about Lilibet and Margaret...:cry::cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom