General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am in the minority but I don't like this card. Wearing masks would have been fine masks but they are facing the camera and don't seem particularly happy when the photo was taken. In fact, Camilla seems uncomfortable. It's a matter of taste though.

It's cute. I love the card.
Haven't we all felt the bothersome masks encroaching on how we do everything?

I like the way Charles and Camilla are helping one another and how stylish they still appear.

Oh, what a wonderful choice of the photo! :lol: I always enjoy their Christmas cards, but this year, absolutely perfect!

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall support the Brighter Christmas campaign:

** Twitter post **

To celebrate the 21st anniversary of the reintroduction of the role of Royal Harpist the Prince of Wales participated in a special performance of Britten's Ceremony of Carols.

** Pic ** bbc: On Christmas Night **

BBCRadio4 will broadcast an interview with the Duchess of Cornwall tomorrow:

"From Black Beauty to The Scarlet Pimpernel, The Duchess of Cornwall speaks about her favourite books as a child and the importance of reading to children during a conversation with Lord Dobbs for @bbcr4today (..)

Listen to the full programme from 6am tomorrow on @BBCRadio4(..)"

** twitter post with video **

The Prince of Wales has sent a message to mark the HM Coastguard's 200th anniversary:

** Message **

The Prince of Wales has tested postive for Covid-19 for the second time it was announced today. Today's planned engagement has been cancelled.

This morning The Prince of Wales has tested positive for COVID-19 and is now self-isolating.

HRH is deeply disappointed not to be able to attend today's events in Winchester and will look to reschedule his visit as soon as possible.

** twitter post **

First of all I hope that Charles like Queen Margrethe and King Felipe have full and speedy recoveries.

Second, this might be an opportunity for a Zoom meeting between Charles, Margrethe and Felipe. After they've all completed their respective paperwork for the day, then they could have a little fun. ;) Each could give a virtual tour of their isolation spaces. Margrethe could give a tutorial in how to decoupage using items only found in their isolation spaces. :D

Covid again is one way to slow down the Prince of Wales! One thing Charles will never be accused of is being a couch potato. Always on the go and always doing something with Camilla once remarking that for his birthday, she'd have to stand there holding a sign stating "Happy Birthday, Darling" as he rushes by to another engagement. :D

Here's hoping he has a speedy recovery and is back up to speed soon again.

Hope the Prince's symptoms are mild and wishing a speedy recovery!

I just saw him shaking hands again with people in a recent video and it felt so odd and notable. I hope he is fine. I do agree he should hang out virtually with Daisy and Felipe; they’d probably have some fun.

Not the least bit surprised. He was mingling up close with people from at the British Asian Trust as though there is no such thing as Covid-19 .

I mean this for all monarchies-they should be extra extra careful when dealing with the public and the mass.

Covid is here forever and we will all catch it repeatedly throughout our lives. There's no need to panic. The Prince is asymptomatic as I understand and was only picked up on routine testing.

Covid is here forever and we will all catch it repeatedly throughout our lives. There's no need to panic. The Prince is asymptomatic as I understand and was only picked up on routine testing.

I have yet to have it but we shouldn't want that. He should do more social distancing and put a mask on.

I have yet to have it but we shouldn't want that. He should do more social distancing and put a mask on.

Unless you live the life of a recluse homebody like I do, the chances of being exposed and being infected by Covid is greater than not ever getting it. We have gotten to a point though that we can go ahead with our lives and do most of the things we've always needed to do and as long as we take the precautions like masks and social distancing and hand sanitizers, we reduce our chances of getting sick.

I'm of the mind that this is perhaps Charles' mindset when it comes to his personal health and the things he knows he wants and needs to do as the man is basically a very healthy one. As someone has posted earlier, its been said that he's been asymptomatic so he probably has it mild as a result of already having Covid before and has had the full works when it comes to vaccines and boosters. He's probably more irritated at the fact that he's been sidelined to isolation than he's feeling sick at the moment. I hope Camilla is keeping him entertained (if she's even allowed near him at this time as I saw she had an engagement this morning).

You can't keep a good man down and that is Charles. :D

Charles is not a young spring chicken, he is an old man of 73 with health issues. Covid-19 can easily kill him or render him severely. For reference look at George Brooksbank.

Furthermore if he doesn't want to be out of commission and in isolation wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
It is as simple as that!

Masks are largely useless unless they are the full medical masks. Social distancing is fine - so long as you don't want to have a conversation with someone (1.5 metres is a long way to try to carry on a conversation).

We either lock ourselves away or start to treat this like the flu and get on with our lives and stay home when we have symptoms.

Masks are largely useless unless they are the full medical masks. Social distancing is fine - so long as you don't want to have a conversation with someone (1.5 metres is a long way to try to carry on a conversation).

We either lock ourselves away or start to treat this like the flu and get on with our lives and stay home when we have symptoms.

Masks are not largely useless at all, and have been proven over and over again at reducing the spread of covid. They shouldn't be the only defence against covid and need to be used in conjunction with proper hygiene practices, social distancing and most importantly, being vaxxed.

"Getting on with our lives" can only truly happen once covid-19 has been downgraded from pandemic to epidemic. Until such time, we should adhere to the advice of medical practitioners and follow the guidelines

I hope Prince Charles is doing fine and recovers soon

My sister got it over two weeks ago and is still unable to go back to work. This is a disease, not just another flu.

Yes it can be a debilitating disease but there is no stopping the spread. There is only vaccination to give the best chance of avoiding severe illness. Which is why we are beginning to see many countries such as the UK open up and return to a pre Covid situation. Yes it's jarring to see people not wearing masks or social distancing but that's the future many nations with high vaccination and high previous infection rates are choosing to go. Which is why we shouldn't judge people following their nations path.

Because of his status, Charles really can't avoid people.
He is bound to be exposed to this disease repeatedly.

I think we will all be exposed eventually, no matter how cautious we are.

Frankly, Charles’ duties and obligations are important to him, but not in the general scheme of things. He could be out of action for a lengthy time- I hope not, though- and his duties could be carried on by others.

Frankly, Charles’ duties and obligations are important to him, but not in the general scheme of things. He could be out of action for a lengthy time- I hope not, though- and his duties could be carried on by others.

His duties and engagements are not only important to him, he's totally rewritten the job description of being Prince of Wales. He's not obligated by his titles to do anything at all but has chosen to live up to the crest motto of the Prince of Wales which is "Ich Dien". "I Serve". So many places I have heard Charles described as a "workaholic". Always doing something. He's not the kind of guy that likes to sit back and let everyone do the work for him.

That's why one remark that Camilla made around his birthday has stuck with me. She recounted that she'd have to be standing there with a sign stating "Happy Birthday, Darling!" as Charles races past her to get to another engagement that day. There was an article once that had the author following Charles for an entire day and that day was filled from the time Charles woke up until the time Charles retired for the night with things going on.

Charles will never be equated with being a couch potato.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom