General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clarence House shared a very nice autumn portrait to thank well-wishers for all birthday wishes for the Prince of Wales today:

** Photo **

I personally think he's making outrageous comments just to grab headlines/publicity, especially when The Crown Season 4 is just released. :whistling:

From reading through the Daily Mail article, I just find Robert Lacey's interview ludicrous, especially on the fact that popularity should overcome line of succession and longevity of the monarchy.

The top (bested rated) comment mentioned about the recent surge in articles on Queen's possible abdication. I assume it's because of Charles birthday (14th November) and again writers/royal experts want to grab headlines. Here's the actual comment.

What's up with all those weird abdication articles? Elizabeth will be Queen until the day she dies, then comes Charles and then William. Those royal experts need to get a life.​

And then here is an article from US magazine, whose writers are no exert in British Royal Family. Most of the content I read are already known and Paul Burrell was mentioned. :nonono: :rolleyes:
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrit...-charles-plans-if-queen-elizabeth-steps-down/

I'm actually really happy on the Platinum Jubilee announcement (with four-day-long-weekend), because it's almost shuts down the claim that the Queen will abdicate soon. I very much doubt the Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (Oliver Dowden) learned about these rumours :lol:. The other reason is that it would be an event look forward, as the light of the end of the tunnel.

Speaking on Charles' birthday, Victoria Arbiter has written a much better article on Honey Channel 9 Australia about Charles' achievement as The Prince of Wales, as well as his earlier life.
https://honey.nine.com.au/royals/pr...dication/5c711279-7091-4339-95cc-2fac222c8d2c

I took a quick look, then exited Twitter - those comments are all trash (either ripping Charles -Diana fans- or people saying he’s wanted it for so long, who are missing the point). That tweet you posted is on the mark, but I’m not going to look for it as I can’t deal with the trash just getting there.

I read that article in US Weekly - it’s ridiculous, lol.

On the other hand, Victoria Arbiter’s article is not. She’s my favorite Royal reporter anyway, but she makes excellent points here. I actually think Charles is in a great position now. He’s got scope to make a real impact with his activism, but he’s also taken on some of his mother’s duties. It may be that his reign will primarily be a bridge between his mother and his son’s, but even so, he’ll still have made an enormous impact.

It’s now actually Charles’ birthday, so HB to him!

The Queen has posted two wonderful photos of her eldest : one of a chubby Charles on her lap and the other at Braemar Games (not labeled as such). I love seeing them at Braemar - they crack me up!

https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/20201114100666/the-queen-birthday-message-prince-charles/

Here’s an article about William and Kate’s tribute...

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-54942655

Charles and Camilla are now the Regent couple in all but name, and i guess they are just fine with it. Charles is not stupid, he pretty knows that his best years are behind him now and that his best achievements were/will be as Prince of Wales.
if God wills he will be King, but his reign will be short. Camilla helped him to aknowledge this fact and to enjoy, as it is, every single day.
The rest is just the usual noise and doesn't really matter. The Crown is in safe hands.

Wonderful new photo to mark the Prince's birthday,no gun salutes this year.

What a gorgeous photo - Charles looks happy, hale and hearty, and the trees are a spectacular rainbow of colors

On a separate note, while I don’t watch The Crown, I’ve read that it’s going to portray Charles badly, and that this could make him even less popular than he already js

Last edited:
Well at least it's written by someone who knew them enough to know about their actual life and to present it as "a matter of fact" observation.

The writing about them being unable to keep their eyes or hands off each other squares well from what I saw in Christchuch NZ where they acted "crazy in love" acting exactly the same . . . . more like Harry and Meghan with the PDA. The shone!

What a gorgeous photo - Charles looks happy, hale and hearty, and the trees are a spectacular rainbow of colors

On a separate note, while I don’t watch The Crown, I’ve read that it’s going to portray Charles badly, and that this could make him even less popular than he already js

It will if people view it as historical fact and not a dramatical piece made for television. Possibly younger people or those not familiar with the facts as much as we really know them will believe it.

Nobody other than the key players know the real story.

The television programme that was on recently regarding The Duchy is excellent, it lets you see a side of the prince not often seen.

Will and Kate may be the focus of "enormous popularity" at this time but I'd bet my last mug of eggnog that if pressed in an interview for an answer that the crown should go directly to William, he'd be reported *verbatim* as screaming "heck NO!!" and running from the room. :lol:

Popularity and being the "flavor of the day" is not what greases a well oiled machine that is called the "Firm" and the British monarchy. ;)

I totally agree, and as for those people who claim that Charles is desperate for the crown, do decent people actually believe he is counting down to his mothers death. Why does the Queen not celebrate her accession in February, because it is when her father died, so when we celebrate how long our queen has reigned it is a reminder to her of her beloved fathers death, also how short her time as a family unit without the pressures of the crown.

When Charles finally takes the throne it will be a contended happy husband father and grandfather and if he lives a life like his parents it might not be the short reign that everybody is going on about.

Yes, William hasn't had time to establish himself yet. He's only just trying to get a handle on the leviathon that is the Duchy of Cornwall. The throne would be a heavy weight on he and Catherine and their young family. We all saw the strains on the families of his grandparents and

Both HM and Charles would not wish that on them. Let them be parents first for a little longer because when change comes their lives will never be same again.

It will if people view it as historical fact and not a dramatical piece made for television. Possibly younger people or those not familiar with the facts as much as we really know them will believe it.

Nobody other than the key players know the real story.

The television programme that was on recently regarding The Duchy is excellent, it lets you see a side of the prince not often seen.

I’d like to watch that program...hopefully it’s on You Tube...

I totally agree, and as for those people who claim that Charles is desperate for the crown, do decent people actually believe he is counting down to his mothers death. Why does the Queen not celebrate her accession in February, because it is when her father died, so when we celebrate how long our queen has reigned it is a reminder to her of her beloved fathers death, also how short her time as a family unit without the pressures of the crown.

When Charles finally takes the throne it will be a contended happy husband father and grandfather and if he lives a life like his parents it might not be the short reign that everybody is going on about.

I think people who write those articles about Charles craving the throne are clueless. They fail to associate the acceding to the throne with his mother’s death. Frankly, I find it odd to see celebratory articles on February 6, because it’s a terribly mournful day for HM...I know George VI was loved, and his still widely admired, so it as much as his daughter is loved and respected, the whole thing just seems off to me.

William is quoted as saying that he’s “in no rush” to be king because it would mean his father has died..and Charles has said pretty much the same thing...

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted this in the thread for The Crown, but.......this is awful (though unsurprising).

Avoiding the hate? The Clarence House Twitter account, which posts updates about Prince Charles and his wife, Duchess Camilla, turned off comments on a tweet shared on Tuesday, November 24.

“The Duchess of Cornwall, Patron of @EmmausUK, recently joined a video call with staff and formerly homeless residents of @EmmausBrighton, known as companions, to discuss the challenges faced by the charity as a result of the coronavirus crisis,” the message read. Only users who the Clarence House account follows are able to reply to the tweet.

The change comes as the Prince of Wales, 71, and the Duchess of Cornwall, 72, have been flooded with comments following season 4 of The Crown, which dropped on Netflix on November 15. Ever since the debut of the new season — which chronicles Prince Charles’ overlapping relationships with Princess Diana and Parker Bowles — some followers have been sending hateful messages to the couple.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...mid-the-crown/

The UK media are calling it as they see it . . . the are being unmercifully trolled!

The UK media are calling it as they see it . . . the are being unmercifully trolled!

I’m not sure what this means. I have no issue with the media - I think it’s awful that Charles and Camilla are receiving such hate that they had to turn odd replies on Twitter.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/wales/why-we-should-stop-painting-camilla-as-a-villain-152607/

An essay with a request to stop painting the Duchess of Cornwall as a villain.

For decades, many have painted the Duchess of Cornwall as a villain cast opposite of Diana’s hero. It is past time for that narrative to stop. I was struck by how the Duchess is being, again, painted as the villain while watching the latest series of The Crown. We see her as the other woman, running around with the Prince of Wales while he was married to Diana. It is important to remember that these two loved each other from the beginning, and it was the Royal Family who would not allow them to be together. If they had had it their way, they would have been married to each other from the beginning. Now, I’m not condoning an extramarital affair, but there is more to this story than gets reported.
Has she made mistakes? Yes, but I beg you to find someone on the planet who has not made a mistake in their life. You won’t be able to find one.
Camilla has been a member of the Royal Family for 15 years now. She has kept her head down and gotten to work, never complaining. The Duchess works with many organisations including the Animal Care Trust, BookTrust, Children’s Hospice South West, Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust, Elephant Family, and the Royal Osteoporosis Society. Overall, she supports over 90 organisations where she is either the patron or president.

https://royalcentral.co.uk/uk/wales/why-we-should-stop-painting-camilla-as-a-villain-152607/

An essay with a request to stop painting the Duchess of Cornwall as a villain.

Very well said....though I think it’s not the media painting Camilla as a villain, not anymore. Now it’s the public who think of her that way...To be fair, it’s not all of the public, but certainly a large segment; these people are unforgiving and intransigent. That said, the people who are the angriest, who feel the need to express that anger, are always the ones who Tweet. Those who are happy, who don’t have any reason to complain, don’t feel the need to tell the world. Therefore, there’s always going to be an imbalance on social media - and it doesn’t reflect reality. I listen to a lot of sports radio, and it’s the same thing -for the most part, fans who are annoyed at their teams call in to vent; fans who satisfied don’t feel the need to call in ..and also, there’s less to talk about with a “happy” call. So, I think those Royal watchers who like Charles and Camilla, who don’t feel the need to hate on William and Kate in order to make Harry and Meghan look good, are not going to be as vocal as the haters.

Is Paul Burrell as much if an *** as he comes across here, or whenever he talks about Charles? Damn, this is nasty (HM is 94, does he say these things about her). Who is Ms. Pattinson? She seems to be a piece of work as well.

Ms Pattison said: "I quite want to see Prince William as King."

Mr Burell replied: "Well it is the Prince of Wales’s birthright of course to become King, he has waited all his life to do that job.

"His ex-wife Princess Diana said she did not think he would ever be King because that job would give him too many limitations.

"He has a lot of baggage with him. Can I be controversial?

"I am not a fan of King Charles and Queen Camilla, I do not have an appetite for that."

He added: "I personally would like to see Queen Catherine and King William on the throne with their beautiful family.

"If Prince Charles gets there and he is over 80 he is not going to be there very long is he?

"Will he actually get up the steps to the throne? He might be that old."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ince-Harry-Duke-Meghan-Markle-Royal-Family-vn

If he is over 80 then his mother would have died at 102. His father is also very close to 100 now. There is therefore no reason why Charles won't live to that age with both parents, and a grandmother reaching 100 - so a reign of about 20 years.

If he is over 80 then his mother would have died at 102. His father is also very close to 100 now. There is therefore no reason why Charles won't live to that age with both parents, and a grandmother reaching 100 - so a reign of about 20 years.

I don't want to speculate about that because no one knows about all the things that could happen, but because Charles comes from a very long-lived line, it wouldn't be a surprise for him to have a long reign. I don't have a clue why Burrell would think Charles would be feeble at that age when he's strong now and his parents were strong at those ages as well. Well, that's my point I guess -Burrell is clearly biased against Charles. He and that other commentator, in any case, are going to have a long wait - if they get there - to see William on the throne, lol

I don't want to speculate about that because no one knows about all the things that could happen, but because Charles comes from a very long-lived line, it wouldn't be a surprise for him to have a long reign. I don't have a clue why Burrell would think Charles would be feeble at that age when he's strong now and his parents were strong at those ages as well. Well, that's my point I guess -Burrell is clearly biased against Charles. He and that other commentator, in any case, are going to have a long wait - if they get there - to see William on the throne, lol

I think this is just drivel from Burrell, of the type we have seen ever so often over the last 23 years.

And with the 25th Anniversary he's hoping for to sell the same rubbish to a younger crew who weren't around when Charles and Diana married. To those that were he's "vaguely remembering" things he forgot to mention before. I guess he's hoping for more cash.

And with the 25th Anniversary he's hoping for to sell the same rubbish to a younger crew who weren't around when Charles and Diana married. To those that were he's "vaguely remembering" things he forgot to mention before. I guess he's hoping for more cash.

Well said!

Burrell, like all of Diana's other "rocks" who sold her every breath for money once she died, makes my skin crawl.

Burrell, like all of Diana's other "rocks" who sold her every breath for money once she died, makes my skin crawl.

You know he’s loving The Crown - and ever chance he gets, he’s doubling down on the “Charles is the devil, Diana the saint”...and people are buying it. I hate that’s he’s a guest on so many broadcasts and that he’s interviewed so often when everyone knows he has an agenda.

The thread on the Crown is closed, so I’m posting this here...

I’m so angry, just livid, about this...

Netflix has been accused of trolling the Royal Family after a 'sinister' post on its official social media account prompted a wave of online hate.

Senior palace sources reacted with anger to the tweet, which invited viewers to watch a documentary on Princess Diana which they claimed would provide 'answers' to criticism of its flagship drama The Crown.

It was accompanied by a video that paints the Duchess of Cornwall in a particularly unedifying light.

The post has attracted a string of vile messages directed towards the Royal Family, which are still online despite the Daily Mail alerting Netflix to them more than 24 hours ago.

Most of the comments are unprintable, targeted not just at Charles and Camilla, but also the Queen and Prince Philip.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...harles-Camilla-Diana-documentary-trailer.html

Then there’s this, from Dan Wootton. He’s responding to Netflix Films’ tweet about how Diana: In Her Own Words will answer everyone’s questions

It really does. Makes it very obvious The Crown is more fact than fiction.

The Crown has done a number on Charles...just as feared. I was assuming that it’s younger people - who don’t know the real story - who take the Crown as the gospel truth, but now it appears it’s not. Charles dropped 5% and William gained 2% in just a few months. I know that it really doesn’t matter as the public doesn’t get to decide who the next monarch is, but it does make me worry about when Charles does take the throne. People are never going to forget the Crown, and even if it’s a few years before he becomes King, he’s never going to have any public support. It’s really rather sad..

Just 32 percent of voters said the heir apparent to take the throne while 40 percent voted for his son, William.

Back in June, before the release of The Crown, Prince Charles and Prince William were neck and neck - at 37 and 38 percent respectively - in another YouGov poll, asking the same question.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...es-princess-Diana-prince-William-royal-family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom