Charles III, Current Events Part 1: September 2022-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, May 30, King Charles presented Royal Victorian Order honours to Royal Navy personnel who took part in Queen Elizabeth II's Funeral Processions, including those who drew the State Gun Carriage:

** gettyimages gallery ** pa images gallery **

Last edited:
King Charles received the High Commissioner of the Bahamas Paul Andrew Gomez for an audience today, June 1:

** Pic ** rex gallery **

Live stream of the arrival ceremony for the King in Romania:

That's brilliant. I stood out in pouring rain to watch the Flying Scotsman on the East Lancs Railway once! The North Yorks Moors heritage line between Pickering and Whitby is very scenic - and celebrating its 50th anniversary, hence the Royal visit.

Last edited:
Today, June 14, King Charles welcomed Ms. Sue Leyden (daughter of Lord Hunt), Mr. Peter Hillary (son of Sir Edmund Hillary) and Mr. Jamling Norgay (son of Mr. Tenzing Norgay) to mark the 70th anniversary of the ascent of Mount Everest:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

King Charles received the President of Portugal, Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa, to mark the 650th anniversary of the Anglo-Portuguese Alliance today, June 15:

Here's a video from the Reception at St James' Palace.

King Charles received the President of Estonia, Alar Karis, for an audience at Windsor Castle today, June 20:

** gettyimages gallery **

Later he hosted a reception at St James Palace ahead of the Ukraine Recovery Conference:

** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Today, June 22, King Charles attended a service at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle, for young people, to recognize and celebrate the Windrush 75th anniversary:

** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Biden is already in London and is staying at Winfield HOuse. The roads around the park are blocked, and his helicopter made an awful racket last night. The residents will be pleased when he leaves today.

The US President has arrived at Windsor

The US President has arrived at Windsor

The BP response to President Biden making friendly physical contact with the King is probably worth quoting:
Responding to the contact, a source inside Buckingham Palace said: 'His Majesty the King is entirely comfortable with that kind of contact — and what a wonderful symbol of warmth and affection it was between both the individuals and their nations.'"

I think it's a new day, folks. :lol:

:previous: Hardly! Our late Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, gave the same response when there was a lot of gasping and pearl clutching when Michelle Obama hugged her. :lol:

(ya really gotta watch out for them thar huggers . . . it's not like the wear a warning sign). ?

Angela Kelly said "it truly is about human kindness and this is something the Queen will always welcome warmly". And it took ten years to confirm that. https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...eth-michelle-obama-hug-ok-angela-kelly-quote/

Not exactly the current open invitation "yes, it is fine if you touch the King". But the King himself has been seen kissing many ladies in greeting in public, something his mother only did with relatives. I was seeing a lot more tactility in this reign even before Joe came to call, even with no kissing. ;)

I think Charles is more comfortable with public/open affection. He had many decades of doing it as PoW.

I'm all for a bit of Joe and Chas tactile bromance. We need more public examples of genuine affection amongst men and our king has often appeared to be a kisser/hugger, as have his sons.

Today, August 2, King Charles opened the 8 Doors Distillery, John o' Groats, Wick:

** rex gallery **

Back
Top Bottom