Diana's Legacy: What is left or what will be left?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going from memory here, and I may have the sequence wrong, but I recall reading that towards the end of that last summer Diana found herself at home with a week to spare; some plan had fallen through. But Diana seems to have had the need to make plans to go away to fill in that blank in her calendar before the boys came back from wherever they were. I have a feeling it might have been the ill-fated trip with Dodi that she chose to do in that time, but I am not certain without referring to my books which I can't do just now but will if necessary.

Whatever it was that she did, it struck me as very sad that she felt the need to always be away from home doing something. I would have thought that a person at peace with herself and content with her own company would have welcomed the opportunity to spend a week quietly at home making plans for the rest of the year, or just reading or relaxing in some other way.

Last edited:
Hmmmm....I'd disagree with that. I think that part of Diana's problem was that she looked into herself too much. She constantly saw therapists and various new-age gurus. She didn't find peace there.

Peace can only be found if you look into yourself, it's not somewhere out there to be found.

Yes, I think you're right. She had a free week and M Al Fayed had offered her a vacation to her and her sons. Al Fayed was a friend of her father's.

I am going from memory here, and I may have the sequence wrong, but I recall reading that towards the end of that last summer Diana found herself at home with a week to spare; some plan had fallen through.

I am going from memory here, and I may have the sequence wrong, but I recall reading that towards the end of that last summer Diana found herself at home with a week to spare; some plan had fallen through.

Yes, you are referring to a planned trip with designer Lana Marks. Lana gave an interview in which she mentioned cancelling their planned trip in the last week of August due to death of Lana's father.

Hmmmm....I'd disagree with that. I think that part of Diana's problem was that she looked into herself too much. She constantly saw therapists and various new-age gurus. She didn't find peace there.

From what I can remember, there was one legitimate therapist saw her briefly in early 1980's for anorexia and another legitimate one in mid-1990's for bulimia. The bulk of the gurus falls into what I would call confidence peddlers, con artists lampooning entertainment as therapy. From the these peddlers' wrote in their books, they told Diana what she wanted to hear: what's wrong with the other people in her life (in the sense that they were obstructions to Diana's plans) and what her future could have been. Checking Saturn's alignment to the Sun isn't what most people would consider introspection. ;)

A life in the limelight may have it's offshoots towards enlightenment and I think it is due to Diana that her memory lives with regard and sensitivity as she attracted awareness of the viewing audience. That feat is no small order and I personally was in awe of her presence when being occasioned by her presence looking at the news and what not. The persistence to draw empathy from us all and keep dedicating her energy for a greater good leaves me to question the naysayers. How I ask myself will people disregard a person with her proven worth as a philanthropist and good natured soul. She is shunned as of late and it baffles and disappoints why people would prefer to not acknowledge that she did earn the attention and notoriety of an intelligent society. Times do change and impressions are subject to individual opinion but I lived to remember her as a phenomena and a beautiful Royal I grew up looking at. Times have changed though and she isn't exposed to us like before but I think she should always be regarded as a healthy contributor to the World.

I wasn't talking about the legitimate therapists so much, Incas.:flowers: I was thinking more about the idea that somehow the answers to all of life's problems are found within ourselves. What if we ourselves are the problem? (That's a rhetorical question, by the way.)

But yes, consulting the planets is hardly introspection, as you put it so well.;)

From what I can remember, there was one legitimate therapist saw her briefly in early 1980's for anorexia and another legitimate one in mid-1990's for bulimia.

What can be learned?

Much time is spent on what happened. The loss of a mother.

What can be done to help other people from losing their mother to a car accident?

Can advanced technology with some heart offer more choices for the passenger?

Much of the content hear is coming from the heart. Building with heart is good too.

Peace,

E-T

It's true she and Fergie consulted psychics, astrolgers, '' therapists'' ( mostly not the legitimate sort)and the like etc who were harmless but not perhaps helpful. They told her what she wanted to hear. She was defintely seeking answers to her life there, at least, but not really in a constructive way. I don't know how introspective of a person Diana was. She did want to be always on the move, but I think if her sons had been there (on that occasion) she might not have been on the move so much.

I believe that Diana was no different than any other famous people. She had her good points, she had her bad points. Like it or not, she did a lot for people. It was by her choice to do good things. You can point out her bad as long as you equally point out her good. She will always be remembered as one of the most famous people in history. I believe her funeral showed that people loved and admired her.

The life of Diana, Princess of Wales was tragically, cut short at 37. She would have found more maturity and religion in her life if she lived to be older. I don't think the psychics and the self help stuff would have lasted. Her legacy is her children. I hope the Princes turn out as she would have helped them to become.:ermm:

I think they are turning out as she would want, William at least. Harry is more impetous. I wonder how her life would have gone had she lived. One book, does talk of her more serious interests, the book by Anthony Holden about Diana.That book seems to support what you say that the psychics, etc wouldn't have lasted.

The Princess would have been proud with both of these events.

Diana enjoyed visiting and volunteering at a nearby nursing home when she was in boarding school, I believe. The last story reminded me of that. Diana could relate to both the very old and the very young- as illustrated in numerous photos from her years as a royal. But it started long before that.

Has Princess Diana's death changed Britain?

Hi everybody I am investigating some things about Princess Diana's death for school, could you please vote yes or no? Thanks!

I think her death changed some people for a short time, they then went back to their normal lives and seemed to look back at the hysteria with bemusement.

Yes or No to what question?

I think the question is the subheading of her post: Has Princess Diana's death changed Britain?

I agree with Skydragon; I don't see any long-term changes, including unfortunately the way the tabloid press and the paparazzi ply their trade.

Although I'm not British and I haven't been there, I would say no. We've developed a culture of celebrity, and current flavor of the month is Jade Goody, or Britney or Lindsay or whoever else. The public is very fickle.

From my visits to Britain before and after her death I would say no.

One of the great ponderables: why are we so celebrity-minded these days? I think that it has to do with the Age of Information and how readily images are therefore available. Ever since television came into most people's homes, image has been supremely important.

We've developed a culture of celebrity, and current flavor of the month is Jade Goody, or Britney or Lindsay or whoever else. The public is very fickle.

I don't think Diana's death changed Britain, although I'm not from there and have never been there. Someone's death usually doesn't change anything, it's their life that changes things. Diana's life had more impact than her death. I don't think what happened with her death was hysteria, it was just people were shocked at her sudden death- collective shock. But once time went by, people got over it. Had Diana died at a reasonable age, her death would have triggered mourning, but it was the shock of her sudden death at a young age that led to the temporary impact of her death, with all the mourning.

Spot on. :D I think you've said it perfectly. :flowers:

I don't think Diana's death changed Britain, although I'm not from there and have never been there. Someone's death usually doesn't change anything, it's their life that changes things. Diana's life had more impact than her death. I don't think what happened with her death was hysteria, it was just people were shocked at her sudden death- collective shock. But once time went by, people got over it. Had Diana died at a reasonable age, her death would have triggered mourning, but it was the shock of her sudden death at a young age that led to the temporary impact of her death, with all the mourning.

I don't think Diana's death changed Britain, although I'm not from there and have never been there. Someone's death usually doesn't change anything, it's their life that changes things. Diana's life had more impact than her death.

Very good thoughts Grace Angel. Diana, Princess of Wales' life works and her boys will be her legacy.:rolleyes::):rolleyes:

Diana enjoyed visiting and volunteering at a nearby nursing home when she was in boarding school, I believe. The last story reminded me of that. Diana could relate to both the very old and the very young- as illustrated in numerous photos from her years as a royal. But it started long before that.

Diana was awarded in boarding school a special prize for service. She had a role as perfect in her school and did the role very well. She also did a good job of visiting a nearby nursing home and really made the patients there enjoy the time. She would dance with wheel bound patients by placing the wheel chair in a special position so she and the elderly patient could dance together!!! How smart she was with people-true Princess material.:rolleyes::):rolleyes:

I always found the accusations of Diana's charity work to only be a ploy to boost her image far-fetched. Since she was a child she had a knack for helping others.

Defintely. Diana wasn't perfect but she was very popular with the British people, and had innate touch with people that you could see from childhood. She was a very caring person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom