The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-14-2020, 07:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Was Diana in a rush to marry again? No. But was she content to be alone, just busy with her charity work and sons? No.

Diana was the kind of woman who wasn't easily alone. When her marriage lacked the intimacy and closeness she needed, she found it with other men. And after they separated as well. Khan and then Dodi, she was a woman who enjoyed the company of a man. Nothing wrong with that. But she was certainly not going to be the kind of woman to stay single and focus just on her kids and her charity work either.

I find it such an old fashioned view that a divorced woman would be 'satisfied simply with her sons and her hobbies or in her case charities' when its always assumed a single man will be out looking for a new love interest. Women have just as many physical and emotional needs as a man does.

I actually think Charles would have been married much sooner to Camilla. And that Camilla would likely have been Princess of Wales as well. The length of time had a lot to do with the insane mourning of Diana in the public and concern of the out cry if he married sooner. It took years of testing waters and having a PR person help Camilla. There was also the concern of his sons and their reaction after the death of their mother.

If Diana had lived she would have moved on. People would have seen her with her own life and likely a new established love. And she would not be this martyr on a pedestal that she was made out to be by much of the public for decades after her death. Charles wouldn't have to compete with a ghost.

I also think he and Camilla would have an easier time with the public. The public would see both Charles and Diana moved on and happy with someone else. They would both be at the weddings and events of their sons, with their own lives and happiness. And people would be quicker to accept that.

Old 09-14-2020, 08:42 PM
Aristocracy

I think Diana wanted to find Mr Right but I doubt she would want to rush things. No matter where she was in her life she was always interested in her charity work and devoted to her sons. She would never really be alone and was fortunate that way. She may have wanted to live with someone first before settling to a marriage, take things slowly. I don't think she would have minded a remarriage and one or two more children.

Diana touched people's hearts I think it was genuine mourning for her and admiration. IT is sad to see someone dying prematurely and she was an iconic person.

Old 09-14-2020, 11:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Was Diana in a rush to marry again? No. But was she content to be alone, just busy with her charity work and sons? No.

Diana was the kind of woman who wasn't easily alone. When her marriage lacked the intimacy and closeness she needed, she found it with other men. And after they separated as well. Khan and then Dodi, she was a woman who enjoyed the company of a man. Nothing wrong with that. But she was certainly not going to be the kind of woman to stay single and focus just on her kids and her charity work either.

I find it such an old fashioned view that a divorced woman would be 'satisfied simply with her sons and her hobbies or in her case charities' when its always assumed a single man will be out looking for a new love interest. Women have just as many physical and emotional needs as a man does.

I actually think Charles would have been married much sooner to Camilla. And that Camilla would likely have been Princess of Wales as well. The length of time had a lot to do with the insane mourning of Diana in the public and concern of the out cry if he married sooner. It took years of testing waters and having a PR person help Camilla. There was also the concern of his sons and their reaction after the death of their mother.

If Diana had lived she would have moved on. People would have seen her with her own life and likely a new established love. And she would not be this martyr on a pedestal that she was made out to be by much of the public for decades after her death. Charles wouldn't have to compete with a ghost.

I also think he and Camilla would have an easier time with the public. The public would see both Charles and Diana moved on and happy with someone else. They would both be at the weddings and events of their sons, with their own lives and happiness. And people would be quicker to accept that.

Honestly this would have been the best scenario had Diana lived. Her sons had been out of the house for years and would not be returning except for a few weeks out of the year for the coming years so yes she would have wanted to find companionship.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy345 View Post
I think Diana wanted to find Mr Right but I doubt she would want to rush things. No matter where she was in her life she was always interested in her charity work and devoted to her sons. She would never really be alone and was fortunate that way. She may have wanted to live with someone first before settling to a marriage, take things slowly. I don't think she would have minded a remarriage and one or two more children.

Diana touched people's hearts I think it was genuine mourning for her and admiration. IT is sad to see someone dying prematurely and she was an iconic person.
If Diana wanted more children she didn't have time to wait. Diana was 36 when she died, she didn't have years to test the waters if she wanted another child or two with another man. If she got married by 38, she may had snuck another child in. We don't know if she would want any more.

And yes she would have been alone. Her sons were at boarding school most of the year. The weeks they weren't at boarding school were divided between her and Charles. There would be huge gaps of the year when she would be alone.

And listening to her interviews, watching how she suffered eating disorders, sought comfort from other men, no her kids and charity work weren't enough. She wasn't Mother Theresa, she wasn't going to sit home knitting for her sons when she wasn't out 3-4 times a week doing a charity event.

Whether she waited a few years to marry or not, she wasn't going to stay single for long. She was looking for that man to fill a space in her life. She would have likely moved on from Dodi to the next man who gave her some genuine attention until she hopefully found someone to settle with.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:39 AM
Administrator

A number of posts relating to Diana's death have been moved to the https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ml#post2340369 thread.

Discussion about the relationship between Diana and Dodi al Fayed may take place in the https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...air-37311.html thread.

There are other threads to discuss other topics relating to Diana in her sub-Forum - https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f38/

Posts relating to the marriage of Charles and Camilla have been moved to the https://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...-on-13676.html thread.

Camilla is off-topic for this thread, and members should concentrate on Charles and Diana here.

Thank you.

Tags
diana princess of wales, marriage, prince charles, prince of wales, princess diana